News:

Author Topic: A remake could actually happen.  (Read 2980 times)

Longneck3050

• Spike
    • View Profile
A remake could actually happen.
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2017, 11:56:45 am »
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Oct 14 2017 on  10:44 AM
Quote from: Longneck3050,Oct 14 2017 on  09:20 AM
I wonder if a remake would include all the deleted scenes, since 10-15 minutes of scenes were cut from the first movie. I wonder if all of it was found.
Pretty sure it hasn’t been found. I really hope something will turn up though.
Me too

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2017, 02:17:52 am »
Crucify me for saying this, but after doing a lot more thinking, I'd actually be open to a remake, no matter how terrible it may be. Why, you ask? Well, a remake could help introduce kids to the original movie, which in turn would expose them to its awesomeness and artistic value.

I know, it sounds totally outlandish, but I base my reasoning off the fact that I've been researching and learning a lot of new things about my childhood favorites ever since I entered college. Someone from the newest generation is bound to research the origins of the hypothetical remake out of curiosity and share it with others.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2017, 02:47:16 pm »
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Oct 15 2017 on  01:17 AM
Crucify me for saying this, but after doing a lot more thinking, I'd actually be open to a remake, no matter how terrible it may be. Why, you ask? Well, a remake could help introduce kids to the original movie, which in turn would expose them to its awesomeness and artistic value.

I know, it sounds totally outlandish, but I base my reasoning off the fact that I've been researching and learning a lot of new things about my childhood favorites ever since I entered college. Someone from the newest generation is bound to research the origins of the hypothetical remake out of curiosity and share it with others.
Oh, I think it could be done if in the right hands(if the 2016 remake of Disney's Jungle Book proved anything.)

I just think it ending up in the right hands is a bit unlikely. To be honest and I know I will get flak for this, I think a full continuity reboot would be better if it comes to redoing it from the ground up. Mainly because I think a more direct remake would, even if it were good, remain the shadow of the original film.
"As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other living beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras of Samos

"Gaia, the beautiful, rose up, broad blossomed, she that is the steadfast base of all things. And fair Gaia first bore the starry cosmos, equal to herself, to cover her on all sides and to be a home forever for the blessed Gods." - Hesiod

Dr. Rex

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2017, 10:27:23 pm »
Quote from: Belmont2500,Nov 4 2017 on  01:47 PM
Quote from: Dr. Rex,Oct 15 2017 on  01:17 AM

Oh, I think it could be done if in the right hands(if the 2016 remake of Disney's Jungle Book proved anything.)

I just think it ending up in the right hands is a bit unlikely. To be honest and I know I will get flak for this, I think a full continuity reboot would be better if it comes to redoing it from the ground up. Mainly because I think a more direct remake would, even if it were good, remain the shadow of the original film.
That's true too. If LBT is ever going to come back to theaters, it needs to be completely original, even if it's retelling the same story. It'd be pretty dull, or perhaps worse, if it just straight-up remakes the story with, God forbid, mainstream stuff implemented.

God knows I don't need rapping dinosaurs.

Snowwolf

• Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2017, 09:34:42 pm »
So if this remake could happen i would say  little foots  mother would not  die and it could be a perfect begining and a good ending by little foot sees his father :D

Snow wolf

DarkHououmon

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2017, 12:10:38 am »
Quote from: Snowwolf on Nov 17 2017, 08:34:42 PM
So if this remake could happen i would say  little foots  mother would not  die and it could be a perfect begining and a good ending by little foot sees his father :D

Snow wolf
I would have to disagree. Having Littlefoot's mother survive would greatly impact what kind of person Littlefoot would ultimately become. I think this was discussed before. A lot of things would change, and one worth noting is the fact that, had his mother survive and Littlefoot stayed with her, then that means he'd never become friends with Cera and he'd never meet Ducky or Petrie. The consequences of this would be that Cera, Ducky, and Petrie might have remained permanently lost and Spike wouldn't have been found, perhaps even becoming stillborn (as it was Ducky's help that got him to hatch in the first place).

Also another effect is that Littlefoot might never have learned to set aside any prejudiced feelings early; remember, even though his mother saved Cera as well, she was been shown to have some prejudices herself. She is not aggressive about them, but she did actively encourage Littlefoot to look forward to the many "longneck" friends he was going to meet and play with in the valley, and she told him that all dinosaur kinds just stick together with their own. If Littlefoot remained with her, he would have carried this prejudice with him and likely would have been a little similar to Ali as she initially was in the 4th movie. Maybe not terrified, but he would be wary and uncomfortable with other species.

Pretty much, the whole dynamic of the series would change and it would be way different from the LBT we know.

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2017, 02:09:37 am »
The death of his mother shaped Littlefoot into what and who he is today. The death scene is like... THE key scene of the whole first movie  (maybe aside from killing Sharptooth and finding the valley) so removing it would not be a smart move
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

Dr. Rex

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2017, 03:40:18 am »
Quote from: Snowwolf on Nov 17 2017, 08:34:42 PM

Snow wolf

That's a little TOO original for anyone's tastes...

Dr. Rex

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2018, 03:14:22 am »
At this point, with all these remakes and reboots that are the newest Hollywood rage, I'm willing to bet $100 that they'll eventually dig up LBT and decide to remake/reboot it. I mean, there will come a time when the studios have dug their way to the bottom of the barrel.