The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33326

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I think we must just somehow contact company direction and give them good composed script for movie people would be proud about...
nah, they won't raise movie rating from lowerest level of G-0... XD

and don't say any politics jokes here, please... :(
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I did but some parts where okay not great. And it took then nearly ten years for them to make this one than it means they ran outta ideas so it took them this long to write ideas for this one.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If they have a strong plot than by means they should make a new movie.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Mar 4 2017 on  08:50 AM
Yes I did but some parts where okay not great. And it took then nearly ten years for them to make this one than it means they ran outta ideas so it took them this long to write ideas for this one.
I don't think it necessarily means that. There are a lot of reasons why it took them this long to get LBT 14 out. Did the crew say exactly why it took so long for another movie to come out?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think anyone involved in production ever gave a reason.

Most people here believe the series had stopped at 13 because that was the first sequal to end up in the red, snd they probably didn't want to go any further and possibly lose more money. They also mostly think Universal really only decided to do 14 because they had new Jurassic Park movies in production, and they just thought they could actually make a profit from releasing a kids dinosaur movie after Jurassic World came out.

Though, from numbers Rhombus have posted, it doesn't seem like it made much money. Doubtful at this point if movie 14 actually ended up making any profit at all. it most likely ended in the red, just like 13. :cry
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Mar 4 2017 on  11:38 PM
I don't think anyone involved in production ever gave a reason.

Most people here believe the series had stopped at 13 because that was the first sequal to end up in the red, snd they probably didn't want to go any further and possibly lose more money. They also mostly think Universal really only decided to do 14 because they had new Jurassic Park movies in production, and they just thought they could actually make a profit from releasing a kids dinosaur movie after Jurassic World came out.

Though, from numbers Rhombus have posted, it doesn't seem like it made much money. Doubtful at this point if movie 14 actually ended up making any profit at all. it most likely ended in the red, just like 13. :cry
That would make more sense.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Well, they are going to make "Jurassic World 2" in 2018, so maybe someone at Universal will think "we just didn't do it well enough"!.. Or maybe they'll at least make a new season of the TV show. :)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Mar 5 2017 on  02:26 AM
Well, they are going to make "Jurassic World 2" in 2018, so maybe someone at Universal will think "we just didn't do it well enough"!.. Or maybe they'll at least make a new seson of the TV show. :)
Hopefully. I'd like to get this franchise rounded off with a magical 15, as long as they get it right.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Yup, have to keep the record of being the longest running series of animated movies for kids. :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah we're pretty lucky for that most animated kids movies don't have this kind of longevity

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Even if some of the sequels are not that good, at least they keep LBT relevant in its own little way.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
True you're right a lot of the sequels where to me rushed and not good atleast they're trying to keep up with the fanbase

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wonder if they should bring anyone back in the next one like they brought back Bron, or keep it entirely new. Pterano has grown on me over the years so it would be interesting seeing him again.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Probably around 2018 or 2019. I am estimating based on the gap between "The Wisdom of Friends" and "Journey of the Brave." I think it would be grand if a company like Netflix or Amazon.com funded Land Before Times films, it would be similar to how Netflix took over "VeggieTales." Then potentially we could have a film every year, and perhaps another series.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Jurassic World 2 gives me some hope. Maybe a trailer after the release of that and then an early 2019 release? Not sure yet. All we have to do is wait. While we do that, I'll be over on the wiki improving stuff, and looking for lost scenes of the original film.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah but universal rarely gives us updates on anything new about the Land Before Time universe but maybe we'll see a 15th movie

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It is always possible but sadly the LBT Facebook page has been dead since November. Still, there is a realistic chance that we'll get a new film sometime in the future as we are living in a time of reboots and reviving old franchises. I just hope LBT 15 happens soon.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
True maybe someday soon that miracle could happen. But atleast we have 14 movies to keep us entertain