News:

Author Topic: Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Voting  (Read 1775 times)

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Voting
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 02:08:07 pm »
So... we have another tie.  :lol I will send Horizon a PM and see if we can reach a consensus for a tie-breaker.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Mender's Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2018, 10:09:21 pm »
@DiddyKF1 @OwlsCantRead @LBTlover247

Alright, as I have not heard back from Horizon I will go ahead and make a judgement call here.  And my call... is to let the tie stand.  :p To be perfectly honest, all three entries had well-written narratives that fit the prompt incredibly well, and all were deserving of this prize.  :yes For that reason, DiddyKF1, you may add the three-star banner attached to this post to your signature.  And both LBTlover247 and OwlsCantRead may add any of the one-star banners in this post to your signature, or you may talk to DarkWolf about possibly getting a custom one-star banner.  Congratulations to all of you!  :)

Once again, please accept my thanks for participating in the fanfic prompt challenge!

The final voting topic for the fanfic awards (for the August 2018 prompt) will be posted shortly.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 10:24:21 pm by rhombus »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Mender's Tale.

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2018, 10:23:57 pm »
@Sovereign @jassy @DiddyKF1 @OwlsCantRead

Alright, for the very last time in the 2018 season of the fanfic prompt challenge, it is time for participants in the August 2018 prompt to cast their votes for the best entry in that month.  Just as a reminder, your candidates for this month are as follows:

The Reluctant Goodbye
Author: Sovereign
Description: After nearly losing their only child to a cowardly assault from Red Claw's minions, Chomper's parents have to make a difficult decision. In the face of this rising threat, their choice is clear but coping with this temporary parting of the ways will prove to be a somber challenge for the young sharptooth himself to accept…
Gang of Five link: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16142.0
Fanfiction.net link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13037257/1/The-Reluctant-Goodbye

Deliver Us
Author: jassy
Description: Delivered into the arms of the Alpha of an unusual pack as a young hatchling, Sol is oblivious to the struggles of his pack mates— other dinosaurs who face a life without promise or dignity, a life that could very well have been his own.
Gang of Five link: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16147
Fanfiction.net link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13047800/1/Deliver-Us

A Broken Family
Author: DiddyKF1
Description: My entry for the August 2018 prompt. My second attempt at an AU ending to LBT VII. Petrie is left distraught after not getting to say goodbye to his uncle, but fate somehow leaves him with another chance at doing so after he is offended by Topps and crashes into a cave.
Gang of Five link: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16170
Fanfiction.net link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13064654/1/A-Broken-Family

Five Stages of Grief
Author: OwlsCantRead
Description: enial. Anger. Bargaining. Depression. Acceptance. Those were the feelings that young Ducky felt at the prospect of having to bid farewell to her adoptive brother. AU of The Big Freeze where Spike actively decides to join the spiketail herd instead of Ducky making the choice for him.
Gang of Five link: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=16172.0
Fanfiction.net link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13066212/1/Five-Stages-of-Grief

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2018, 08:59:45 am »
As always, all entrants to the August prompts were great stories and true pleasures to read. However, I don't hesitate to cast my vote for OwlsCantRead's "Five Stages of Grief" as it was unmatched in terms of how the tale was built as well as written and the range of emotions it raised within me. In fact, I don't think I'm exaggerating in saying it's one of the strongest stories this whole year. :^^spike
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:01:24 am by Sovereign »

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2018, 10:42:51 am »
I was split between Sovereign and OwlsCantRead's entries, as they both did such a great job at expressing character emotions when it came to their situations. I spent several hours rereading them several times each before I finally managed to come up with my vote. I've decided I'll go for OwlsCantRead's "Five Stages of Grief". I felt it was somewhat of a suspenseful story since it was an AU, and I felt as if I was watching a much more depressing version of "The Big Freeze." The way I felt about this story parallels how Sovereign felt about my "Swim of Silence" story: that this new author has finally proven that he can write such an emotionally powerful story that can touch the hearts of its readers.
My fanfics:
Love is an Adventure
Waters Rise, Illness Flies
A Swim of Silence
A Swimmer's Sad Secret
A Broken Family
The Hurting of Desire

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices." -Albus Dumbledore

jassy

• certified member of the light fury fanclub :)
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2018, 11:07:02 am »
I enjoyed reading all of the entries for the August prompt, even if I didn’t get to review them all (laziness strikes again :p), but I’m going to vote for OwlsCantRead’s Five Stages of Grief. It’s not very often that a story affects me so profoundly, and this story did just that :DD
I love the rainbow faces from the bottom of my heart!

My stories:

Across The Seasons
Worlds Apart
Deliver Us
Under The Stars

Stay tuned for more!

OwlsCantRead

• ^ This owl wishes on the Stone of Cold Fire that his sleep schedule isn't so awful
  • Member+
  • So, question: can I read, or can I not read? Hm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2018, 11:38:08 am »
Thanks everyone for the kind words! I'm glad you liked it. :Mo

As for my own vote, I'd debated about it for close to a week. I've re-read all three stories in that time, repeatedly changing my mind multiple times over. I can't help it... everyone did a splendid job for the prompt! :D

In the end, my final vote after much debate goes to Jassy's Deliver Us. Although I've never seen the movie which this fic is based off of, the characterization and cruel ruthlessness where a life is taken and a child orphaned really gripped me, made more suspenseful and shocking because of the mood whiplash from the first half to the second. Plus, I do like Egyptian settings... just a tad.

The other two stories are gripping tales of goodbyes as well. Chomper with his parents... Petrie with his uncle... I suppose it's tradition for Land Before Time authors to feast on the tears of their readers. :cry
A quaint creature who soars when the Night Circle is highest in the dark sky, messing up his circadian rhythm in the process. Truly, a tragic flyer.

In terms of LBT, love to write stories! :)
Current Fics: Waves Crashing Upon the Sky, Five Stages of Grief, Scrambled Eggs, and Our Safe Haven.

What is a signature? A miserable pile of secrets! Enough talk... scroll down already!

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2018, 12:33:51 pm »
@OwlsCantRead

Congratulations, OwlsCantRead, for winning the last round of this season's Fanfiction Prompt Challenge!  :DD  And, I will add, it is a very well deserved honor for the amazing story you have presented to us! You may now pick up the two-star banner of your choice from the following options, or you may request a special two-star banner from DarkWolf.