News:

Author Topic: Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Discussion  (Read 17462 times)

StardustSoldier

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Fanfiction Prompt Challenge Discussion
« Reply #380 on: November 10, 2019, 09:36:41 PM »
I'll be participating for the first time this year. These prompts all look good to me as well. No suggestions for improvement. Mar/Apr is an especially creative idea, both the regular option and the alternative option. The summer prompt exchange will be a lot of fun as well, methinks.
:yum
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 09:38:36 PM by StardustSoldier »

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2019, 09:46:23 PM »
Can prompts be started before the listed start date?

I got ideas for some of the prompts  :lol

Most certainly! :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Mender's Tale
Mender's Tale.

OwlsCantRead

• Finally got Petrie rank :)
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 10, 2019, 09:59:27 PM »
Can prompts be started before the listed start date?

I got ideas for some of the prompts  :lol
If work on prompts couldn't be started before the start date ala Nano or something I think I'll be in trouble, haha. :duckyhappy
This quaint creature soars when the Night Circle is poised at the highest point of the twilight sky, messing up his circadian rhythm in the process. Truly, a tragic flyer. :P

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 11, 2019, 01:07:15 AM »
I certainly won't have time to do them all (again, curse Reallife) but I'll certainly try to participate 8D

Anagnos

• The indisputable Halo geek of the community
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 11, 2019, 10:11:34 AM »
I will try to participate in every one of them. I am just bursting with ideas for the December prompt and next year is most certainly going to be interesting. :)littlefoot

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 11, 2019, 11:02:19 AM »
I would like to participate in all of them as well, but we'll see how that goes. I still have to do a lot of brainstorming for ideas first.

OwlsCantRead

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 11, 2019, 11:05:33 AM »
I will try to participate in every one of them. I am just bursting with ideas for the December prompt and next year is most certainly going to be interesting. :)littlefoot
I would like to participate in all of them as well, but we'll see how that goes. I still have to do a lot of brainstorming for ideas first.
Gee, you're both nuts! :P Not even I'm gonna go for everything. Most, but not all, and subject to good ol' time constraint... :o

Guess 2020 will be the year Sovereign finally gets really tight competition, though. :DD
This quaint creature soars when the Night Circle is poised at the highest point of the twilight sky, messing up his circadian rhythm in the process. Truly, a tragic flyer. :P

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 11, 2019, 11:08:04 AM »
^The thing about ideas is that they can come when you least expect them. I got a ton of ideas last night when I was about to head to sleep. They can come pretty much unexpectedly to you.

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 11, 2019, 11:16:35 AM »
That is very true, Anagnos. In fact, that's why I keep pens and a pad of sticky notes on the end table next to my bed so I can jot down any midnight ideas.

And yeah, we might be nuts. But most writers are, don't you think? :P

OwlsCantRead

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:37 AM »
Yeah, we're all nuts for committing to this challenge. We could have simply submitted a 1K post and called it day for submissions, but we just have to give it our all, didn't we? Overachievers syndrome... :P

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 11, 2019, 11:26:20 AM »
^1k submission sounds like something that wouldn't exactly be easy to accomplish. The smallest amount of words I have managed to put down is about 6k words or so and even if my limit to the December prompt is 6-8k, there is a chance that it will go over that. After all, my August prompt was supposed to be 15k max. It ended up being 25k. :P

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 11, 2019, 11:32:51 AM »
Yeah, we're all nuts for committing to this challenge. We could have simply submitted a 1K post and called it day for submissions, but we just have to give it our all, didn't we? Overachievers syndrome... :P

Well as a wise man once said, if something's worth doing, then it's worth doing well. :)

^1k submission sounds like something that wouldn't exactly be easy to accomplish. The smallest amount of words I have managed to put down is about 6k words or so and even if my limit to the December prompt is 6-8k, there is a chance that it will go over that. After all, my August prompt was supposed to be 15k max. It ended up being 25k. :P

Maybe that should be a prompt in itself, to write a coherent story no longer than 1.5k. :P

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 11, 2019, 11:33:58 AM »
Maybe that should be a prompt in itself, to write a coherent story no longer than 1.5k.

Oh no... :sducky

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 12, 2019, 02:42:03 AM »
How many of the prompts did y'all do last year?

OwlsCantRead

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 12, 2019, 06:26:41 AM »
How many of the prompts did y'all do last year?
Three, but two are incomplete... so, almost the same as the prior year. RIP productivity.

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 12, 2019, 09:03:53 AM »
Oh, it's fine. No need to feel bad. I was just curious.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2019, 12:33:27 AM »
I never really had any incentive to review fanfictions, except for special or specific circumstances, but perhaps 2020 will be a different year for me. I can’t wait to see all the submissions, this will definitely be interesting to observe. :)

Also, why do I feel the urge to join in on at least one? The excitement of everyone here is rubbing off of me I guess. :lol

^Don’t take that as any confirmation, otherwise be disappointed if a submission from me never shows up.

I don't care if I have an award, because this signature will still change whenever I feel like it! :P

StardustSoldier

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 13, 2019, 03:59:16 AM »
Well I won't hold my breath then, but if you do come up with a story, I'd love to see it. And keep in mind it doesn't need to be that long. 1,000 words is the minimum length to qualify as a prompt submission. Or else the story can be its own thing, unconnected to the prompts.