News:

Author Topic: Flathead770's Fanart  (Read 7260 times)

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Flathead770's Fanart
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2019, 12:08:26 PM »
Once again I can only second what people have already said. This is a completely another side of the yellowbellies that hasn't been seen before, and while it's quite ironic that a yellowbelly would be this fierce and determined to accomplish whatever task comes, it's not an impossible concept at all. I really have to disagree about your comments with the story part, as it really made me feel I had just stepped inside a captivating story of no return from, you definitely have the potential to create fantastic stories if you put your mind into it. The picture itself is nothing but the sort of fantastic, you have most certainly improved in your drawings lately, and while the drawing can be interpreted as a humorous one, the pose of the character creates that special kind of an atmosphere around the whole thing. And yeah... I wouldn't want to mess with Brootie either, that's a sure way to the Great Beyond right there!

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 08, 2019, 02:56:07 AM »
Thanks everyone! Though I have to admit that I did do some post processing to improve the drawing. Upping the contrast to give it a more gritty look to it as well as using a tool to help darken the shaded areas more. Whether that's considered cheating in a way I'll leave up to you (though it is the benefit of having a DSLR that can shoot RAW images)

Bahaha! I love it! The Lone Dinosaur - Yellow Belly Edition
Haha I suppose you could look at it like that. Wasn't exactly my intention to go for the Lone Dinosaur vibes, mainly just coming up with a reason why a Yellow Belly would act the way he does. I guess now that you mention it, his story is a sort of "pack of sharpteeth came and gobbled up his nest" sorta thing haha :PCera

I really have to disagree about your comments with the story part, as it really made me feel I had just stepped inside a captivating story of no return from, you definitely have the potential to create fantastic stories if you put your mind into it.
I suppose I theoretically have the ability to write a story, it's just that it takes way too long for me to actually do it. Like I feel like I if I was to participate in the fanfiction prompt I'd need to know the prompt a year in advance to finish in time :p I feel like that time could be put to use on getting more/better drawings done (not to mention the fanfiction section is already way more saturated then the fanart one). Glad you liked it though!

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 08, 2019, 03:51:00 PM »
Really good job with this drawing, Flathead! I agree with the others that the coloring looks great and that the idea behind this picture really works. Likewise, the expression is very well done as well and the overall quality of this drawing is clearly one of your best. Once again, there could have been a background but it wasn't vital in a drawing like this. As for you and fanfics, while I agree that it would nice to see stories from you, you do have a point with art being rare on GoF and your drawings are the best here at this point. So do what you want but either way, I'm certain we'll see good stuff from you in the future as well. :^^spike

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 10, 2019, 04:07:02 PM »
While it may have taken you VERY long to write this, it's written well as far as I can tell :DD

Oh wait, I almost forgot this is actually about fanart here, the writing kinda surprised me here :D Great art as usual from you and a yellowbelly... you really went there :P Nice job :D
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2019, 12:48:07 AM »
Once again, there could have been a background but it wasn't vital in a drawing like this. As for you and fanfics, while I agree that it would nice to see stories from you, you do have a point with art being rare on GoF and your drawings are the best here at this point. So do what you want but either way, I'm certain we'll see good stuff from you in the future as well.
Thanks! Yeah a background would be nice but I had 2 reasons not to include it for this one. First is because coming up with and writing the story took extra time, and the other being the fact that this scene takes place during a sunset I feel like the sky's colour would make it harder for Brootie to stand out as well. At least that's what I think.

While it may have taken you VERY long to write this, it's written well as far as I can tell :DD

Oh wait, I almost forgot this is actually about fanart here, the writing kinda surprised me here :D Great art as usual from you and a yellowbelly... you really went there :P Nice job
It's a rare treat to have you stop by nowadays. Thank you! I know you bugged me before about writing so I was hoping you would see the surprise eventually :p
As for choosing a Yellow Belly, I mentioned the saturated fanfic section. Gotta move towards the untapped market :lol