News:

Author Topic: LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie!  (Read 6543 times)

jorrdy12

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie!
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2019, 09:16:18 am »
"We might be strangers to each other, only travelling together for convenience and mutual protection, but we are stuck in the same rotten log. You can talk to me-"

Samara did not bother listening any longer to the longneck behind her. Couldn't the longneck see that she just wanted the pain to end? She had seen enough of whatever the world wanted to show her. Samara knew that these thoughts were not healthy but she couldn't bring herself to care anymore, she was done with it. With life and everything in it. The stench of vomit made her want to throw up again but she managed to hold it in.

"-for each day I'm struggling too. bad feelings... they are like... like a never-ending abyss dragging you down, and down... and down..."

Samara slightly flinched, she had forgotten that she was not the only one that did not have a happy story the last couple of weeks,  This was not going to deter her however, her plans came up in her mind again, tonight. She was going to end it tonight.

Wondering what she should tell the longneck, who she realized, was looking at her with a slight expression of disgust from the vomit on her body she knew that the longneck would not let her go that easily so she might as well tell the longneck of her plans and apologize as well, apologize for the fact that the longneck would have to continue the journey on her own.

"....Fine, the problem is.. I don't want to continue anymore I-" here she hesitated, would she be able to say it? Would she be able to say that she wanted to end her own life, be so selfish? "-I want to end it. My life, I mean, for weeks my dreams have nothing but nightmares and I just can't continue like this. Wondering every day if this is the last, trying-" the words kept coming out and she could not hold them back anymore, the words she had kept bottled up for so long were finally bursting out. "-to be brave, trying to put a confident front knowing that the journey we are taking will probably end up in our death, I can't take it anymore so please. Please let me continue with this and end it, please!" she was crying, she realized, crying for it all to end. She could not see what the longneck's reaction was, but she hoped that the longneck would just grant her wish...
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2019, 03:39:13 am »
Lizzie had expected many things but what the little flyer was just telling her shocked her for a moment. Lizzie didn't want to admit it - she too had spent a lot of time alone thinking about death and the very point of life in the state that she was living it. Lizzie didn't know why she was still there, pushing on her tired legs. Maybe she lacked the courage to take her life or maybe she was simply too frightened of death? Or perhaps she was just stupid enough to keep believing in impossible hopes? Either way, the longneck could understand the flyer's sentiments and her reasoning but nevertheless it created a foul taste in her mouth for more than one reason.

"I-is that really true?" she said stuttering, looking at the flyer with pity and concern but also empathy and regret. "D-do you really... w-want to kill... yourself?"

Lizzie could see the heartfelt tears glimmering in her eyes which had a strangely empty expression. There was little doubt that she was serious about it and it worried her greatly. Granted, she was being selfish to try changing her mind, however that wasn't her only motivation. She had successfully managed to keep going regardless of her feelings, regardless of her past, regardless of her pain. She was familiar with these emotions and accepted them as normal and unavoidable. Also, she guessed, she didn't want to admit that her existence was without a purpose. Unlikely as it was, she still believed in a better life and killing herself would prevent her from ever having a chance to have a good life after all. If only she could make the flyer see that, maybe she could save a life and keep herself company?
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

jorrdy12

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2019, 07:13:55 am »
"- D-do you really... w-want to kill... yourself?"

Samara breathed in deeply, this was it. This was the point she had been waiting for, once she answers yes then the longneck will leave her alone. She would finally be able to end it all. A small smile grew on her face at that thought, she would finally be able to be at peace!

"Yes. I just don't want to live in this hell anymore. I-" she deeply breathed in again, a slight hiccup being the only indicator that she was in fact, sad. "-just want to be at peace. I've had enough." some tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I've had enough of hoping in something that might not exist."

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2019, 04:31:15 pm »
Aquarius’ words hit Rinen like a falling sky rock, not having expected to hear those words from him. The threehorn’s eyes flashed open as he thought about what he had just heard while he almost unconsciously looked at the chasm, his heart jumping into his throat immediately. Without further thoughts, he turned at his friend and snapped at him in a harsher voice than he had even aimed for.

“What? If you think I’ll jump out there supported only by those vines just to help you and those fastrunners across, you’ll have a surprise comi…” He said before he heard a loud growl from his round belly which made him cringe immediately. He couldn’t hide just how weak the lack of food had made him. The boy realized in disgust that his legs trembled, trying to fight the utter exhaustion. Inside, Rinen knew that he wouldn’t last long without food and if there was a way for him to get it anytime soon, he would willingly take it. He cleared his throat as he looked at Aquarius’ disappointed expression before he spoke again.

“I mean… it might be worth a shot. We have no better options, anyway.”

Ducky123

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2019, 09:20:43 am »
The flyer's confirmation of her plans shook Lizzie quite deeply. She didn't want her to die, she wanted to help her for as much her selfishness as an emotion she couldn't place.

"Flyer, I..." she hesitated. "I think you should think about it more carefully. You mustn't throw away your life, it's so... Think about it..." The longneck sighed. "Right now we're both deeply in shit; we're both alone, without a family, without food or water, without a home, without protection. Each day could be the last and life is but one big harassment. I totally understand you for I feel no different. How many times have I cried, collapsed or even given up on my hopes and dreams, how many times have I been haunted by the terrible thing that happened to me in the past..." Lizzie could go on forever if she wanted to but she had to get her point across.

"Flyer, what if, say, you do as you say and kill yourself. I keep going and find a better place, survive, find friends or a herd? I might make it to adulthood and have a family one day? Rest assured, I don't want this shit life to continue but if I kill myself I'll never be able to tell if I might have made it after all. I think you shouldn't... Shouldn't do it. "

Had she been able to convince the flyer to rethink her decision?

jorrdy12

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2019, 10:18:31 am »
"Flyer, what if, say, you do as you say and kill yourself. I keep going and find a better place, survive, find friends or a herd? I might make it to adulthood and have a family one day? Rest assured, I don't want this shit life to continue but if I kill myself I'll never be able to tell if I might have made it after all."

Samara knew that the longneck was right. If she ended it here then she would never know if there was indeed a safe haven for everyone out in this wasteland. The longneck probably still had some family or relatives left that she could return to once she reached the safe haven. She had no one anymore as they were all killed when she was fleeing.

"You might still have some relatives left if you arrive at the safe haven. I have no one and no one would want to take me in as well. Why would they? I'm just a flyer." The words about how she was pointless were not said, but were conveyed nonetheless. "I have made up my mind and there's no changing it. I'm sick of living a life where the destination could be a farce."

With that said, Samara turned around to walk back and find a sharp stick to end it with, her eyes holding a strangely determined glint to them.

Ducky123

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2019, 09:03:37 am »
Lizzie's heart sank.

"So she is really serious about it... Is there nothing else I can say to her to change her mind? I... I don't want to be alone again and... I don't want her to end like this..." Lizzie observed the small flyer as she searched the area for something to use as a tool to inflict damage on herself. No matter how long she puzzled about it, the longneck couldn't find any other arguments to sway the flyer's mind. Sadly, her head hanging low, she joined the flyer in her task though the landscape was barren, flat and dusty...