News:

Author Topic: Fan art by Littlefoot505  (Read 833 times)

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art by Littlefoot505
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 07:09:18 pm »
It's been awhile since you last posted some fanart. Overall these are a massive improvement over your last ones! While the line work is certainly still a little rough, the anatomy is far better with the expressions done fairly well in both drawings. I really like the first one here, with the only main issue being the rough lines like I mentioned above. The 2nd one is still pretty good as well but one issue about it is his left eye is out of focus with the right. This is often a problem I run into myself and it always seems like the slightest change in the eye can mess up the whole expression :p

Still, a very good return to drawing and I hope to see you continue with more!  :)littlefoot

OwlsCantRead

• ^ This owl wishes on the Stone of Cold Fire that his sleep schedule isn't so awful
  • Member+
  • So, question: can I read, or can I not read? Hm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 07:20:33 pm »
I agree in the sense that it seems rough, but good job nevertheless. Certainly better than whatever I could do. :P

I do like the thickline style here (thicker cartoony lines seem to be going out of fashion imo so it's refreshing to see it on occasion)
A quaint creature who soars when the Night Circle is highest in the dark sky, messing up his circadian rhythm in the process. Truly, a tragic flyer.

In terms of LBT, love to write stories! :)
Current Fics: Waves Crashing Upon the Sky, Five Stages of Grief, Scrambled Eggs, and Our Safe Haven.

What is a signature? A miserable pile of secrets! Enough talk... scroll down already!

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 09:44:49 pm »
Looking a bit wonky but you probably know that :P I can see the improvement from your previous pics though. Getting good at art is harder than waking up Spike, believe me but it's absolutely worth it once you do :^^spike
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

Littlefoot505

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 11:57:56 pm »
Thank you all for your feedback. Yes, Ducky, I am aware of the low quality of my art, and I will continue working on improving my skills. I really loved using that neat little pen that came with my new laptop to draw those Littlefoot pics. More art should be coming fairly soon, as I'd like to be a more regular contributor. And yeah, I kinda like the thick lines too, although I might experiment with doing thinner ones.

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely."

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2018, 04:54:18 am »
Littlefoot505: I'm awful artist, but still: before coloring pictures, try to make smooth lines first, use second layer to draw lines over lines from first layer. I always do that for my pictures.
And set of black lines with very different thickness in the same area is "hurting" eyes a little. I dunno, try to use different colors for lines,make them a little transparent where you think they should be.
Keep show us new drawings! :D
After escaping grimdark, I found myself inside romantic ship-fanfic... WTSH? How did I even get there???

-----------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601

dinosaur in the bushes: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

------------------

---------

Littlefoot505

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2019, 09:12:47 pm »
Well it's been quite a while since I've posted anything here, but I actually did draw something a few weeks ago when I got my hands on a drawing tablet. I think it's my best one so far, not like that's saying much though :p
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:15:03 pm by Littlefoot505 »

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2019, 12:58:06 am »
I mentioned it on Discord when you first showed this off that every drawing you do you noticeably improve. This one shows much smoother lines over the last ones. A little rough in some spots still, like around the eyes and folds around the neck and head, but overall much improved! As for anatomy issues the only one I really have is the lower jaw seems to thicken as it connects to the neck.

Good job with this one!  :)littlefoot

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2019, 06:28:00 am »
Hey, Thunder! Where have you been? :D
Like it!

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2019, 07:56:08 am »
Ah, how nice to see our Longneck friend back! This looks very impressive for a tablet drawing (not that I've ever used one :P). It does look a little rough, as Flathead pointed out, but it still looks very nice.
My fanfics:
Love is an Adventure
Waters Rise, Illness Flies
A Swim of Silence
A Swimmer's Sad Secret
A Swimmer's Sad Secret
A Broken Family
The Hurting of Desire
Secret Love

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices." -Albus Dumbledore

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 01:44:23 am »
I see improvement there, keep it up :)littlefoot