News:

Author Topic: Fanart by LeventeII  (Read 2032 times)

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Fanart by LeventeII
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2018, 03:26:44 pm »
Yep, great job with this drawing! The expressions look quite nice, especially the green raptor's, and the entire idea in this drawing is quite sweet. It's nice to see more sides of them than the one we all know. As for your concerns, well, the red raptor's hands are a bit too small and the coloring could be a bit more interesting. But despite those issues, nice job as always! :)

LeventeII

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2019, 05:11:31 pm »
Thank you very much for your feedback, guys!

First I would like to show my latest drawing of Littlefoot again, but this time with a comment about the drawing itself.  :)littlefoot

It was an interesting experience to draw this drawing. It was the first time that I sketched a little so that I didn't have to worry about the structure when drawing the lines. I sketched a square for Littlefoot's snout, which was a great help because I find the beginnings of my drawings especially difficult.
Without wanting to be arrogant, I must honestly say that I am very proud of this picture. I like both the colorization and the cleanliness very much!

I would also like to show my next picture, which is my entry for the Fanart Prompt: Movie Poster.

First of all I thought about which of the movies I should draw a poster about. I didn't find a good idea for any of them, only for XIII. I imagined a perspective from above and one should be able to see a bunch of Yellow Bellies. In the background the Sharpteeth should lurk, who in this case are the villains.

I spent the first few weeks of the year practicing. I printed some pictures of Yellow Bellies and tried to understand their bodies. The result was quite OK, I think I can now draw Yellow Bellies at least in a way that makes them recognizable.

My main problem during the whole process was the size. How could I draw an ocean of Yellow Bellies if they are so small? So I had to forego a large bunch and I drew bigger characters, like on the end result.

When the rock and the Yellow bellies were finished, I had to put in someone of the Gang of course. But I couldn't think of anything to put in the whole group. I finally chose Littlefoot, who was the one who wanted to help the Yellow Bellies the most.
Then I drew the baryonyx. Again I decided not to draw the whole group because of the size. Instead, I drew only the leader.

The title was the next challenge, because I couldn't find a suitable place for it. It was my plan to put it up in the center, but the rock was too much in the way. I decided to place it a little further to the side and not in a central position.

Finally, I thought of a slogan: "Join the Fun!" I especially like this phrase because it has two meanings: On the one hand, it means the joy of the yellow bellies how they have fun together. But it could also mean the approaching feast of the baryonyx as "Fun"...

Although I know that this picture is not a masterpiece and contains some mistakes, especially the title bothers me, I am still satisfied with it. I had a lot of fun with it, especially because I wasn't bound to any given poses. It was also an opportunity for me to try new things out.  :)

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2019, 12:22:42 am »
I've made a quick comment to you already on you Littlefoot drawing but I'll say it again that it looks really good! That's a very good approach to starting your drawings as well by starting with simple yet similar shapes. I think the only criticism I'd give is that maybe his nose feels a little too short? Also including the white reflection in the eye helps as well.

Who would've thought that someone would go for LBT13 for their poster? :p
Certainly a shock but it's always nice to get surprised! I agree that it would be hard to draw so many Yellowbellies but at least you have a good amount of them on the page. I think my favorite one out of the bunch is Fooby :lol And that sharptooth peeking out from behind the log reminds me so much of Ozzy haha. For the title I feel like it would be better if it was lined up or put all together. Having it scattered like that makes it a little harder to read. Another minor point would be to try and add variety to the trees. Both trees that are standing in full view look identical. It can be hard to do but minor details like that can really help!

Good job with this one though! And ultimately having fun with it is more important then making it look perfect as that will lead to more motivation and more improvement! :smile

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 08:16:30 am »
Good grief yellowbellies xD

Wow, you really put a lot of effort into this drawing, I can tell just reading your author's note and the drawing also shows this. Yellowbellies look good and so does Littlefoot and the raptor. I can also tell you took inspiration from LBT 13 drawing the background, it turned out nicely! Certainly a movie poster that'd have my attention :smile
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 04:09:34 pm »
As others have implied, that's quite a unique take on the prompt. :p The overall layout is quite solid as is the idea of showing the Yellowbellies doing Yellowbelly things while also including Littlefoot and the sharptooth into this picture. The atmosphere here is quite good but for a poster, there perhaps could have been a clearer focus in this picture as showing a normal scene like this doesn't tell that much from the film itself. Also, the large areas between the characters look rather empty but that's the problem with pictures like these. Still, nice job with this one. :)