News:

Author Topic: Fanart by LeventeII  (Read 4086 times)

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Fanart by LeventeII
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2019, 02:59:32 PM »
Yeah, this is another good idea for this prompt as it brings together these characters in a way very uncharasteristic for either of them. Guido looks very nice overall and both of the characters' expressions have been done well, even if the criticism pointed by ImpracticalDino and Flathead is rather fair. I'd also add that the lack of background is quite eye-catching due to there being two characters as well as the waterline. But overall, it's good to see more fanart from you! :)

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
I don't have much to say, this is really well done once again. Indeed a very fitting entry for the OOC theme :^^spike
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

LeventeII

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2019, 02:28:09 PM »
As for constructive criticism, Mo's snout is too pointed. Try curving it a tiny bit. Also, Mo's color scheme is wrong, as the upper half of his skin is supposed to purple, not a light shade of blue. Does this have something to do with dimorphism and colors having a meaning? Mo is a male keep in mind, despite his purple skin color.

I didn't have the right color at that point, but on closer look I recognize the differences. And the pointy nose is actually a bit irritating, so I fully agree.

Thank you very much for your feedback!  :)

During the summer vacation I had a kind of sudden inspiration of a picture. It is a scene from the Fanfiction "Light Among the Darkness" by Anagnos. Thanks for his permission at this point!  ;)

Originally, I drew the drawing by hand. I drew the figures, then, as usual, I made a digital sketch to work on the the background.

It was already clear to me from the beginning that it would be a shadow picture and that the eyes should shine. When I sketched the background, I noticed my fatal mistake: I drew the hand drawing so close to the edge of the paper that the background didn't fit in.
Actually, I wanted to start the drawing completely anew, but I was very satisfied with the characters. Therefore I improved the digital drawing. In the end, digital was the better choice, because the colors are much cleaner. I think in this example that I have created a shadow image, the digital medium seems more suitable.

The idea that I would include several layers by using gray scales came to me afterwards. I wanted to focus on the dark atmosphere of both the forest and the whole scenery.

With this drawing I would like to participate in the  Fanart Prompt "Draw an OC".

The most difficulties were caused by the neck frills. I wasn't completely satisfied until the end, but I tried to make the best out of it. In some places I am quite satisfied, for example with the legs, the eyes and the background. But the faces worry me a bit.

I experimented a lot, especially with the background. In any case, it was a lot of fun to create this drawing!   :DD

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2019, 04:42:34 PM »
At first I thought "what is this? LBT in Limbo universe?" :O
Drawing is simple but looks very impressive! Good job!
(Didn't read this fic)
-------------------------------------------------
play Mr. Stick adventure forum game!: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15974
ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412
-------------------------------------------------

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2019, 06:52:01 PM »
Hey you made it with a few days left to spare! (Now it all hangs on me to finish on time :p )

I like these types of drawings. Very stylized.

Can't say that I've read the fanfiction so I'm not sure what the character dynamic are between these two, but it doesn't look like they're on the best of terms.

I think the one thing that might help with a silhouette drawing like this is to make sure that the outline of the characters are well defined as that's all we can see of them. The one on the right is good but the left blends in with the foreground making it sorta hard to tell what's going on.

Very cool idea though!  :smile

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2019, 01:17:36 AM »
Yes! I love silhouette drawings. Amazing job :) Similarly to the comments above I did not read the fic so I am not familiar with the characters, but that one on the right is maaad!

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2019, 11:53:59 AM »
I already gave my opinion about it privately to Levente, but I'll say it again. A few hours spend on a picture such as this, while it may be mediocre in comparison to some of the other works I've had the pleasure of seeing, it is quite exclusive piece. I actually imagined this particular scene to play out exactly like you did, so there's no problem there. If there is one nitpick I have to point out, Vilar's horns seem a bit odd to say the least. But that is mild in comparison of the picture in its entirety. I think you did a wonderful job recreating this hauntingly sad scene, Levente! :^^spike

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2019, 12:10:31 PM »
I haven't read or plan on reading your fanfiction LeventeII, but like others have said, you did a good job on this drawing with two characters that don't seem to be on the best of terms. For constructive criticism, the edges and outlines in the drawing is on the rough side, so a smoother polish on those would be handy. I also agree with Anagnos about the horns, but I can't seem to exactly describe or pinpoint what makes it odd. It's probably the fact that a silhouette drawing was a bit harder for me to fully analyze and get the full picture.

Overall, keep up the good work! :)littlefoot
Procrastination is my #1 enemy! >:(

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2019, 01:40:39 PM »
I also agree with Anagnos about the horns, but I can't seem to exactly describe or pinpoint what makes it odd. It's probably the fact that a silhouette drawing was a bit harder for me to fully analyze and get the full picture.

Personally, I think it's the angle. These horns look - to me - like they are bending down too much, instead of the up or straight they normally are.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on August 29, 2019, 01:40:39 PM
Quote from: Sleeping-force's-inside on August 29, 2019, 01:40:39 PM

I also agree with Anagnos about the horns, but I can't seem to exactly describe or pinpoint what makes it odd. It's probably the fact that a silhouette drawing was a bit harder for me to fully analyze and get the full picture.

Personally, I think it's the angle. These horns look - to me - like they are bending down too much, instead of the up or straight they normally are.

Thanks for pointing out what I was trying to say. But for me personally, the horns are too pointed and straight, not really curved at all (for the threehorn on the left at least).
Procrastination is my #1 enemy! >:(

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2019, 04:00:08 PM »
simple but it's quite an interesting technique to convey the mood. Good job :)
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P