News:

Author Topic: Fanart by DiddyKF1  (Read 965 times)

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
Fanart by DiddyKF1
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 08:26:21 am »
Quote from: Ducky123 on Apr 10 2018, 01:04:56 AM
Krita is another digital painting software. It's a bit confusing at first glance but it has many features to create really good-looking art :smile

When I bought my graphic tablet, it came with ArtRage Lite which I can also recommend. Simple to use a d still has a decent amount of useful features for painting in particular.
One of these days, I'll probably try those out. :) Thanks for the recommendations!
My fanfics:
Love is an Adventure
Waters Rise, Illness Flies
A Swim of Silence
A Swimmer's Sad Secret
A Swimmer's Sad Secret
A Broken Family
The Hurting of Desire
Secret Love

"It is not our abilities that show what we truly are. It is our choices." -Albus Dumbledore

DiddyKF1

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Fanart by DiddyKF1
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 11:24:39 am »

I haven't posted any art for months, so I thought I'd make this adorable piece. This was rather challenging for me to do due to my old laptop's mouse problem, but I defied those odds.  :smile
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 01:12:18 pm by DiddyKF1 »

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 02:55:33 pm »
It's great to see a new drawing from you after all these months! The pose here is quite sweet and Petrie's expression looks really nice. The atmosphere is excellent but Petrie's head is too big and his arm too thin, I'm afraid. But other than those points, well done with this picture! :yes

DiddyKF1

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 03:57:29 pm »
@Sovereign Thanks for the feedback.  :) I did have a bit of a hard time getting it right because everything from the shoulders down was drawn freehand. I'll probably be going back and revising the head size, since that shouldn't be too hard to do. I'm not sure what I can do about his arms, though, other than I was simply going for a cute pose but left room for improvement. I'm glad you liked it, though. Thanks.  :)

DiddyKF1

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2018, 04:23:00 pm »

Okay. I decided to take this thing back to Paint.Net and revise Petrie's head so that it doesn't look too big like it did before. Thankfully, it only took me a few minutes to do since I'm very skilled with using layers.  :smile Personally, I think he looks much better already!  :D

LeventeII

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2018, 04:37:44 pm »
This is very beautiful! I really like Petries facial expression.
To be honest, I was a bit amazed as I saw the shadows of Petries legs. It looks very good!
I especially like the treestars! They look so... round. ^^

I don't see any bad thing for me. I think it's well done!

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2018, 04:41:05 pm »
Yep, it looks better now. :)

OwlsCantRead

• ^ This owl wishes on the Stone of Cold Fire that his sleep schedule isn't so awful
  • Member+
  • So, question: can I read, or can I not read? Hm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2018, 06:04:14 pm »
I really like this piece! The shade of sky blue used for the background really gives it this warm sunny glow that makes it appear like we're seeing a scene from the actual Great Valley itself. It's complimented by the cloud cover and the treestars in the foreground as well. :)
A quaint creature who soars when the Night Circle is highest in the dark sky, messing up his circadian rhythm in the process. Truly, a tragic flyer.

In terms of LBT, love to write stories! :)
Current Fics: Waves Crashing Upon the Sky, Five Stages of Grief, Scrambled Eggs, and Our Safe Haven.

What is a signature? A miserable pile of secrets! Enough talk... scroll down already!

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2018, 11:17:05 pm »
Hey it's good to see some more fanart from you. The smaller head size is a much better improvement and huge props for doing this with a mouse.

Hope to see you keep at it! :DD

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 01:39:37 am »
Whoa, this is really nice! Possibly better than I could do digitally for sure and it's a really sweet scene :DD
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P