The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Netflix's Castlevania

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, I'm sure a number of you know the Castlevania games.  Well, there seems to be a mature cartoon of those games on Netflix.  Yes, I said mature.

If you're going to watch, expect heavy violence and swearing.  When I say heavy violence, I mean gore.  In this case, I mean, eyes getting gouged out and disembowelment.  Yes, there is that on screen.

If I haven't completely turned you away, the show has a good story to explain quite a number of things the games don't.  Not to mention make the Belmont of this universe a great fighter when drunk. (And much more awesome sober.  When he's drunk, he's only handicapped and can still kick your butt.  Hope you have good medical insurance.)

Has anyone else seen this?  I've just started and it's looking good.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yep I've been following this show ever since it was announced. Easily the best video game adaptation that I've seen so far! (not like that's saying much though :p )

There's so many nods to the games and while the story follows the events of Castlevania 3 it's probably better playing through Symphony of the Night to get the most backstory.

They also do a really good job of giving each of the 3 main characters their own spotlight as well as give a good amount of development to Dracula himself, something in which the games never do so that's nice.

It's already been confirmed for a 3rd season so I'm curious to see where they're going for that one!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It's already been confirmed for a 3rd season so I'm curious to see where they're going for that one!

Spoiler: ShowHide
Especially given the fact they killed off Dracula.

Yeah, saw it all, and I'm also curious as to how Season 3 will go.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Season 3 is officially here with 10 new episodes.  I'll be back after watching them.  Could take me a few days.

See ya then!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes! I'm looking forward to watching them! Just need to figure out a time where I can watch them with my friend

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, that was quite the season.  I will give the warning that there is a new element of adult content in the form of sexual scenes.  At first, it's a little hint that tells you "Yes, they banged." It then goes on to even more teases with In Bed Nudity, and finally, by Episode 9, two different scenes of full on screen sex.

So yes, expect that.

I'll get into more spoiler territory when I have the time.