News:

Author Topic: Rhett's past  (Read 519 times)

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
Rhett's past
« on: May 16, 2019, 07:17:21 AM »
I've been wondering recently since I'm writing about Rhett in my fanfiction how Rhett came to join Ali's herd and what kind of upbringing he might have had.

Personally, I think that he's gotten orphaned early on just like Littlefoot and had to get by on his own, maybe in a group with other orphans or wandering from herd to herd, hence being rather tough and also competitive but lacking kindness etc.

One day he ran into Ali's herd and since he fell for Ali he stuck around.

My personal head canon  :PCera

What do you think?  :olittlefoot
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rhett's past
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:24:23 AM »
I know that in my Seven Hunters story I had him with a mother, but I think the orphan idea might actually work better from an explanatory point of view.  His difficulty in dealing with other children, his clinginess to Ali, and his lack of social graces could be explained in part due to the lack of a dedicated parental figure. As such he would effectively be raised by the herd in an ad hoc fashion, which could lead to the development of traits to deal with a hard herd lifestyle, namely: competitiveness, toughness, and a certain necessary coldness to deal with the lack of emotional warmth.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Mender's Tale
Mender's Tale.

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Rhett's past
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 10:51:50 AM »
Sorry for the late reply.

I definitely agree and I think your explanation really summarizes this well. Thanks  :)littlefoot

Anyone else? I know Rhett's a bit hated but he's nonetheless an interesting character... in... some ways  :rolleye
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P