News:

Author Topic: Most heart-wrenching moment?  (Read 5777 times)

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
Most heart-wrenching moment?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2014, 01:56:14 pm »
Same here, voted for Littlefoot's Mother's death. It's the only scene that can make me teary-eyed if I'm in a bad mood (I often watch LBT when I'm sad). Though the movie itself would be a close second.
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

rhombus

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2014, 09:27:09 pm »
I have to agree with Ducky and CeratheRed.  The scene involving the death of Littlefoot's mom was one of the most emotional scenes I remember watching as a child.  The scene where he sees his shadow and mistakes it for his mother would be a close second in my opinion.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Mender's Tale.

jansenov

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2014, 07:32:29 am »
And not to forget Ducky mourning Petrie's supposed demise.

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2014, 03:34:16 pm »
I was so sad the first and every time I watch the first movie when Littlefoot's Mother dies :'(! :cry

----------------------
Please read my stories: "The Land Before Time C: The Last Adventure" & The Land Before Time CI: Crush In The Great Valley
----------------------
5 years with TGOF <3
----------------------
Joined on: Nov 9, 2013

Dalekdino

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2014, 10:55:20 am »
I remember as a kid the scene were Sharptooth crunches Littlefoot's tree-star made me feel really bad for Littlefoot.

Littlefoot505

• Ducky
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2017, 05:25:28 pm »
Quote from: Dalekdino on Jan 30 2014, 09:55:20 AM
I remember as a kid the scene were Sharptooth crunches Littlefoot's tree-star made me feel really bad for Littlefoot.
Same here, man! I'm not sure which scene I think is the MOST heart-wrenching, so I probably won't be voting in this one. I'd say it's a toss-up between Littlefoot's mother dying, Littlefoot grieving afterwards, and when he thought his shadow was his mother.
I am taking a break from GOF until further notice for personal reasons. I am not sure if or when I will return.

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2017, 05:59:50 pm »
The whole movie is one big coin of heartwarming and heartwretching. :')
Subgoddamn grimdarks...

-----------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601

dinosaur in the bushes: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

------------------

---------

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2017, 08:38:33 pm »
One thing I found heart-wrenching about this movie was the end credits; however, it was due to Diana Ross singing If We Hold On Together; I really like her singing voice. I always found it to be one of the best parts in the entire movie.

However, the saddest part in the entire film is Littlefoot's mother's death. Despite sacrificing her life to save Littlefoot and Cera, it still didn't make her death less painful to watch.

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2017, 01:28:37 am »
Hmm let's see what I chose 10 years ago...the whole movie. Yea I think I still agree with that. While Littlefoot's mother's death is sad I'd consider all the scenes up until meeting Ducky to be equally sad. Littlefoot's mother just died and now you have to watch him get filled with false hope looking at his shadow...that's pretty brutal. I went to Lion King in theaters when it had a re-release in 3D and the things I never noticed as a kid was how much they soften the blow of Mufasa's death. Almost immediately after his death you get a large chunk of the movie devoted to comedic relief. With LBT you get almost none of that. The birds fighting over the berry is the only thing that comes to mind and even then it segues into Littlefoot starving himself.

I've joked with my roommate on the flashback montage since the movie is like "hey, remember all the happy moments in this movie? All 30 seconds of it?"

Sovereign

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2017, 12:24:51 pm »
Almost immediately after his death you get a large chunk of the movie devoted to comedic relief. With LBT you get almost none of that.

That is exactly of the reasons I love LBT so much. It has funny moments but the whole film is devoted to building an emotional bond with the characters and the world itself. Speaking about the Lion King, Timon and Pumba ruin very much of the film for me and I truly like that LBT, despite comic moments, never introduce Mr. Pig to us. x(cera  As for the poll, I believe I voted the third option as the part between Littlefoot's mother's death and meeting Ducky is the saddest and the best part of the film for me. The scenery, the narration and especially the music... it doesn't get much better than that. :cry

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2018, 03:09:57 am »
I voted for Option 5. It's a really brutal reminder that he's all alone.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Pilgrimasaurus
  • Member+
    • View Profile
Re: Most heart-wrenching moment?
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2018, 02:02:09 pm »
When Littlefoot sees a shadow that looks like his mother and he runs to it shoring”mother,” and then he gets up to the wall of rock and licks it and then realizes it’s not her. The narrator then says, “Little realized his mother was really gone.” (Paraphrase). So sad. Almost tied is the actual death of Mama Longneck, and Littlefoot crying out “mother?! Mother?” The thought of him staying with his deceased mother’s body is such a heart wrenching one. I wonder how long he stayed with her before he ran into Ol’ Rooter?
“If you confess Jesus Christ as Son of God, God lives in you and you live in God.” (1 John 4:15, Holy Bible)