News:

Author Topic: New to the Big Screen  (Read 2830 times)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:46:43 am »
Hey gang!
Looks like a few topics have been removed coz I was going to put this up in the "15 fav movies" topic but I noticed it wasnt there anymore!  :huh: LOL So in light of this, I made a new topic about new movie releases. Anyone been to the big screen recently?

A went to see Team America: World Police with my housemates on Saturday. Boy oh boy was it funny as!!!  :lol I'd never laughed so hard! The puppets in it were great! Kinda Thunderbirds style but just so much funnier. Wouldn't mind going to see it again.  :DD

Petrie

• Administrator
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 08:51:05 am »
Actually it's still there.....topics that haven't been replied to in a month will disappear but there's a thing at the bottom where you can view messages "from the beginning" rather than the "past 30 days". ;)

Nope....I'm not a theater person....I wait to rent.  It's cheaper to do that. ;)  As of late there's been nothing good out there worth watching.  -_-

Nick22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 04:01:02 pm »
I plan to see a "series of Unfortunate Events". I've been meaning to, but work keeps getting in the way.
Nick

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 06:23:22 am »
Went to see Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night. Great stuff! Some of the most random stuff in that film. Like a towel being the most essential thing to take when travelling to another galaxy. :rolleyes: PMSL The best character was Marvin the depressed robot. He's so funny in that even when he's being heroic he's still pessimistic about everything. A good comedy I'd advise going to see  :yes

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 04:06:20 pm »
"Kindgom of Heaven" for me, mates. That and "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" later this year.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 05:53:26 pm »
The last movie I saw at the theater was Shrek 2, so I haven't been to many movies in a long while.

Petrie

• Administrator
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 09:42:57 pm »
I'm sorry to say my last was Miss Congeniality 2 because I didn't like it when all was said and done.  -_-

Nick22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2005, 12:04:32 pm »
I Hope to see Star Wars , War of the Worlds and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Nick

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 06:01:35 pm »
You know, I'm not surprised that "Miss Congeniality 2" wasn't good. It didn't have Benjamin Bratt. His personality bouncing off of Sandra Bolluck's really helped the previous one.

Petrie

• Administrator
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 06:21:15 pm »
I noticed that....why did they take out one of the stars of the first one is beyond me.  :blink:  I might've liked it more if those two worked with each other again like it was in the first one.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 06:20:09 am »
Probably the biggest movie I'm waiting for has to be Square Enix's Final Fantasy 7 movie "Advent Children". I've seen teaser trailers (in Japanese) and the CGI looks incredible!!! I'd expect nothing less from Square Enix but Europe's got a loooonnnngggg wait ahead of 'em :( Think the last trailer announced the release dates and it's planned for US release in mid-Sept time (around the 17th if I remember rightly)

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a game page that shows the trailer...

GameTrailers...Advent Children Vid

if you're not interested in it from the plot or gaming POV, just check out the animation....it is top-notch stuff!!! :yes

Petrie

• Administrator
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 07:33:27 am »
I'll get to Madagascar.....probably when it hits video stores.  <_< I don't think I'll be able to get to it in theaters.

Nick22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 05:43:18 pm »
I Saw Batman Begins yesterday, and it was awesome! I highly recommend it!

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 05:45:28 pm »
There are actually quite a few movies I wanna get out and see. Batman Begins being one of them. I also wanna see Madagascar and the new Fantastic 4 flick! I'm not a massive, die-hard fan of Marvel but I saw the trailers for it and it looks top-notch! ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 12:06:41 am »
I've seen "Fantastic Four" it was fantasically good! So was "Batman Begins". Both of the most recent super hero flicks were exactly what they were supposed to be.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 03:49:33 pm »
Good good! All the more reason for my wanting to see it. I'm also waiting on X-men 3 which is due to hit around summer next year! They've got Gambit, Beast and the Phoenix appearing in this installment...can't wait!  ;)

Nick22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 02:30:18 pm »
i saw 'charlie and the Chocolate Factory" this week. I loved the 1971 version, but this  was very good too. But Wonka and the Oompa Loomopas looked quite creepy, Deep looked like he was pretending to be Micheal Jackson, and I got queasy when i saw the dozens of OLs with the same head :blink:
Nick

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 02:21:48 am »
I was disappointed, big time, by this new adaptations. It was supposed to be closer to the book, and it was in many ways, but Burton proved what a hypocrite he is by changing a bit too much, just like the '71 version, which was far superior. Wilder definitely brought out the appealing side of Wonka more.

Petrie.

• Ruby
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 06:09:02 am »
I did go and see this as well, and it too was quite good.  It's been ages since I've read the book, but from what I can recall, it wasn't as friendly as the 1971 version, but yet I also don't think it was as queer as Burton's take on it.  Also, I don't remember Wonka being pure gold in the book either.  Both films have their pluses and minuses respectively.

Nick22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New to the Big Screen
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 08:12:56 pm »
I know the book by heart and Wonka isn't all nice and chummy, he has a touch a menace to him. While this was more faithful to the book in terms of dialougue the 1971  version was closer in terms of whimsy.