News:

Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 12091 times)

LeventeII

• Member+
    • View Profile
Re: What are you reading?
« Reply #320 on: March 11, 2019, 05:02:01 PM »
I have begun to read "Jurassic Park" by Michael Crichton recently. I'm especially curious about the differences between film and book, which are said to be quite large. It's amazing what treasures you can find in rarely used cabinets!  :)

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2019, 03:01:20 PM »
Just started to read Halo: The Fall of Reach by Eric Nylund. It is such a great book.  :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 21, 2019, 02:49:35 AM »
Listening to Brave New World. Not too exciting yet.

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 23, 2019, 02:53:12 PM »
And now that I'm finished with TFoR, I can begin reading the next book in the series; Halo: The Flood by William C. Dietz.  :D

Flathead770

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2019, 09:34:21 PM »
Got 2 books that I'm currently "reading" (a very loose description as I don't read them too often haha). One is Beyond Weird by Philip Ball, basically a book talking about Quantum Mechanics in a very non math way. The other is the first in the series of Legend of the Galactic Heroes by Yoshiki Tanaka that I'm borrowing from my roommate. It follows the story of 2 characters on opposing sides in a galactic war. One side is a dictatorship with the character trying to overthrow the empire and create a more idealistic rule and the other is stuck fighting in the army of a corrupt democracy and wants to retire haha. Pretty interesting.

LeventeII

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 04, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
I got myself a lot of interesting books, which I would like to read now one after the other. At the moment I'm reading "The Lost World", the sequel of Michael Crichton's "Jurassic Park". This book reads just as well as its prequel!  :yes

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2019, 04:03:13 AM »
Yesterday I started to read another Halo novel, First Strike by Eric Nylund. This one is definitely one of my favorite Halo novels. Such a good book, imo. :)

LeventeII

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 22, 2019, 07:34:26 PM »
Now that I finished Jurassic Park and The Lost World, I decided to go deeper into fantasy. I bought Eragon a few months ago and now I am able to read it. I think I will be reading it for the next few months.  :)

Mumbling

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 23, 2019, 05:10:16 AM »
Started reading The Golden Compass this weekend. Enjoyable so far :)