The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Insane Cafe 2: Rise of the Shurlups

Nick22 · 2097 · 91620

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky nodded, "Yes, the Great Valley is a great place, it is it is." She said.  

"Maybe you can visit." Petrie said.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Dr. Kerzach heard Shaggy complaining. "Um, I do have some skills as a cook. Did a bit of cooking at the Pelvanida Cafeteria." He turned to the rest of the patrons. "Does anyone think Nick will mind if I take command of the Cafe for a bit?"

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I don't think he would..' shaggy said. "as long as you can get something whipped up quickly for lunch." there was hope in his voice.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
(Nick22 mentioned to me that you might need Dr. Shelton, my character, at some point in order to adequately abridge Darwin's Soldiers. So, this RP only, I'm allowing everyone the right to use Dr. Shelton whenever they need to in order to further the story. Treat him like you would Shaggy or Snoopy, as a pre-established character added into the RP. FYI for those who don't know him, he's a 40 year old scientist with a radio-flashlight and a mind for technology. :wave)

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"You sure seem to eat a lot," Sparx commented to Shaggy.

---------

Kivat sighed. He hated spending his time just hanging from the belt when there was no fighting being done and he couldn't leave in case Wataru would need to use a fuestle.

"It's not going to take long to get there, is it?" Kivat asked.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
andb you sure seem to talk alot." Shaggy replied. "So tell me about your dragon friends. Are they friends? goingout? What? You tell me, and I'll spill the beans on my old buddy Scoob. But you can't tell anyone.."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, I can't resist an invitation to talk," Sparx said. "I'm not too sure. Ever since they came back from kicking Malefor's tail they've been kind of an item, but not exaclty going out. It's really kind of confusing... Anyway, now it's your turn."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"scooby has it bad for Dixie, the thing is, Dixie's his cousin, and they share a common ancestor. I think Dixie's mother, is the Sister of Scoob's Dad, or his Mom, anyway, they're related. Now Scoob, has never had much luck with the Ladies, oh, he's had crushes and some of the girls have shown some interest, but nothing real serious ever came out of it. Dixie used to perform on a showboat, in fact, Scoob and I once went down there to visit, and got rid of a ghost that was haunting the place. But that was it until about a year ago, whebn we happened upon this place, and Dixie walked in after we had sat down on gotten our orders. Well, She's moved with us, but Dixie set down some rules for him, and he's deathly afraid of crossing the line with her. and with his past luck, I don't blame him." Shaggy said.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Ah, I see," Sparx said. He watched a fly buzz around and made grab for it as it got too close to him, but it proved too fast. "Are you in a relationship?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not right now, there was a girl called Mary Jane a few years ago, but she moved away. I don't think you care that much for girls, just a guess. But I think we should make a wager, on which one of us can get  their 'couple' to kiss first. Twenty bucks says I can get Scooby and Dixie to kiss before you can get Spyro and Cynder to kiss. And it can't be a peck on the cheek. Has to be mouth to mouth. " Shaggy grinned broadly, wiping out a twenty and setting it on the floor beside his plate. "You IN?"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"That's an interesting idea," Sparx said, eyeing the green piece of parchment. "But I don't have anything of value with me."

He glanced around the room as though it would offer him something to cover the bet.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Eh, you don't have to put up anything right now. You can just owe me for dinner or something." shaggy said, unless you really want to. If you have any Gems or Coins or anything like that, that'll do. Theres mithril in the kitchen too, that seems to be worth a lot..'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Everything I have is back home," Sparx held out his arms, palms open to display his empty hands. At that moment a large green gem dropped from the ceiling, landing in the dragonflies's hands. Unfortunately, it was almost as big as Sparx and the extra weight caused him to crash to the floor.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Shaggy reached out and took the gem off of sparx and laid it on the twenty. Alright, thats your wager. This Gem against my Twenty' It was then that Lilo put a five dollar bill on top of the gem and twnty. "Five dllars says I can get  Stitch and Angel to kiss before you guys can get your boy and girl to kiss" Shaggy and Sparx looked at each other, then at Lilo.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"You look a little young to be gambling..." Sparx said, realizing after he had finished speaking that he sounded like his father. "Besides for are all we know those two are probably already an item so it could be easy for you to win."

A shurlup came flying through the door and crashed into the wall, beside Sparx and Shaggy. The shurlup collapsed to the ground, crushing down on top of the three's wagers. The shurlup didn't move again and its body was covered with burns and singed fur.

A man clad in white and black armor stepped through the door, the two red eyes of his helmet focused on the shurlup. He relaxed as he saw the creature was dead and his armor turned gold and seemed to slid forward, contracting into a yellow cross-shaped light which flew into the white knuckle-like weapon in his hand.

He was dressed in a normal black tuxedo with a tie and his hair was black and spikey. He wore a rather serious expression on his face. "Is Wataru here? I saw his bike parked outside."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"no, he on a mission .. of a sort' shaggy said. " Thats all I can really tell you.."
_
 He moved over to the Shurlup and dragged it away as far he could. The sHurlup was heavy, and probably male. Shaggy moved it until he saw the two bills and gem. "Alright" He said, Handiing back the gem anf five to thier respective owners. "Lilo you're in. So its my twenty against your five and Sparx's gem. have Stitch and Angel ever kissed before?' Lilo shook her head, and was about to reply when Nani Stepped in. "Boys I want a word with you. Lilo if You could Please let me talk with them alone for a moment.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I see," the man said, placing the knuckle into a pocket on his jacket and he unclipped the belt around his waist. He spotted the gem and the two bills and immediately understood what was going on. If Nani wasn't stepping in, he most certainly would have had something to say about them gambling with a child.

Sparx hovered above Shaggy's shoulder and whispered quietly into his ear. "I think we're in trouble..."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You THINK!" Nani's voice had a thick undertone of sarcasm. 'What sort of example are you setting here for my little sister! Not only about gambling, but of the nature of that wager! What do you think Cynder and Dixie are going to do to both of you when they find out? And more important, what do you think this will do to both relationships? This will damage both of them, especially if the girls think the guys put you up to it. Being a girl, I see this from an entirely different perspective than a guy would, and I can easily tell that neither of you have been with a woman in a long time , perhaps ever. If you were in a relationship, neither of you would have made this bet, or at least would not have allowed my sister to bet. " Nani said, her voice a low whisper but it held such force that neither of them were missing a word. "Both girls are in  complex relationships, this could be their very first serious relationship, for both of them. a kiss is a sign of affection and love, and I imagine both girls would tell you off even worse if they were in my position right now!. In fact,' she said looking at Sparx. "i wouldn't be surprised if Cynder tried to eat you!"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, she's already tried once," Sparx shurgged helplessly, hoping this attempt at humor would quell Nani's temper.

The man, Nago Keisuke, meanwhile, knelt down in front of Lilo. His serious expression was momentarily replaced by a smile. "You should not gamble. Please find some other way to entertain yourself."

He stood back up and glanced around, wishing that he could get something to drink while he waited for Wataru, but there didn't appear to be any waiters there.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
'I Assure you , She will try again, if she finds out. " nani continued. The Attempt at humor, weak as it was, did not deter her. Given her mood, not even an excellent joke would have done the trick. "And She may very well suceed, I know I won't stop her if she tries. and I doubt Spyro is going to be in any position to protect you Sparx, when they get back and Cynder finds out. and shaggy, I wouldn't be surprised if Dixie moves out once you get back and goes back home. You will have ruined the relationship for your friend, and he may never forgive you for it. How often do we truly find someone who makes us happy? who we truly love? How often has Scooby been in a relationship like this?"
_ "Ne-never" Shaggy stammered.
_
"And if she leaves, he may never get another chance. Dogs don't live as long as people do, if Scooby lives to be 15, he'll be beating the average for his kind. and he certainly will be too old then to get much interest from girls, he'll be too old for them then. This relationship is his only chance at finding someone special, and I would hate to see it ruined by a stupid bet."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: