The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Land Before Time movie

Serris · 24 · 3234

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
NOTE: If you picked "I like them all" DO NOT pick any other choices.

You can pick up to four.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The Seventh is my favorite, mainly because it was the first one I watched in like 8 years.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I picked 4 and found I seemed to like the earlier movies best.  Though I like Ali I didn't pick 4 since it has to many annoying elements like Ali teleporting around, and the who needs you song.  Taken out of the movie I like the song, but within the movie it doesn't fit to me.  It's like during a serious movie 2 characters stop and decide to do a stand up comedy routine for a few minutes then they go back to being serious again.  I picked the first 3, and 5.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
i picked 1, 4, 7, and 10.

1: it's the original masterpiece, you can't deny it. it wsa the most depressing, most violent, and most meaningful of the franchise.

4: the last of the movies with the actors for Littlefoot, Ducky, and Cera. i loved how it started to show relations between the kids, mostly Littlefoot and Ali, and then sparked all the fanfic we have today.

7: other than the little scene at the end of LBT2 with Littlefoot, this showed the first sign of any of them being kidnapped. it had a nice story to it, and i liked the villain turning good, aka Pterano

10: we got to see Littlefoot's dad for the first time ever! i liked Shorty also, and i just liked he movie overall

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I picked:
  • I: It is the original. No other could be better.
  • V: Chomper came back.
  • X: Littlefoot's father appeared.
  • VII: New animation type. And good plot.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
BTW, ssory for such short reply. I'm just too tired, to write big messages. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
1 (of course) is my first favorite, 5 is my second, 10 is my third, and 12 is my fourth.  I like them all, but those are my favorites.  Hmmmmmm....no votes for 9 or 13 huh?  I would have to say #9 is my fifth favorite.

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, now we do hold a vote of #9. :)

For me it's 9, 1, 4 and 5.  The rest are good to their own degree. :)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Strange: "The Mysterious Island" is on the second place. And i was sure, that this place will be taken by IV part. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
The evaluation of the different movies varies a lot depending on the individual. I cannot really give four favorite LBT movies, but I can say for sure that the particularly popular 10th movie would definitely not be on my list of good LBT movies (way too many plot holes), while I regard the rather unpopular LBT 3 as one of the better sequels.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I chose
LBT 2
LBT 3
LBT 4

I find that the earlier sequels are more consistant and less prone to continuity errors and poor scripting.  To be fair, the majority of the later LBT films' scripts are decent but they all have a few lines here and there which seem remarkably out-of-place and rather un-LBT-like.  The earlier films really didn't suffer from this so much.  The voice acting quality was also more consistant in the earlier sequels and I honestly preferred the voice acting in them.

We really ought to start taking "the original" out of these polls.  They always win by a landslide. :p :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
LBT 4 would have made my list, but for certain things that stand out like sore thumbs to me.  When I get the dvd I'll have to use the scene access feature to jump over a portion of the movie.  

I do like the other early movies better then the later ones, not sure why.  The others seem to fit better onto another earth type of thing and not fit into the same one as the early lbt movies, in my opinion.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
The original, for good story (decent background story, great main plot, good pacing, memorable characters), good visuals (beautiful backgrounds, good character design, great animation) and good sounds (stupendous voice acting, PHENOMENAL soundtrack).

X, for a good story, the battle with the trio of sharpteeth, and Bron in general.

VIII, for pushing the visuals, a good story, and Mr Thicknose.

IX, for the liopleurodon and everything related to it, espescially the big scene in the lake.

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
I have to say the original, but as for the sequels I liked II, IV and V.
They can't touch the original classic though, IMO. So that's my top. ^^

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Likely the first will remain nearly everyone's favorite.