The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT x Power Rangers RP ?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I talked with some other members, and they have showed interest in the possibility of doing this kind of rp. However, I am not 100% sure how we should do this. I think GVG wanted to create the rp himself, so this thread is to help him, and all of us, get a better idea of what it should be like.

For starters, where should it be held? Could we see the LBT characters as Power Rangers? Should we stick with human characters? Tell us what you think!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
We have several choices.  It can be set in LBT, we can also have it set on earth, or it can be on another world with maybe humans and maybe another race or 2.  Are some of the options I can think of.  We'd have to decide or talk about also on the number of power ranger characters also, powers they have, ect.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
On the subject of number of rangers, I'm thinking no less than five. That is, if more than five people want to do this.

On ranger colors I think these are necessary:

Red
Blue
Yellow
Pink
Black

Any extra colors would include:

Green
White
Orange
Purple
Silver
Brown

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Well now...I've just been struck by insperation! The idea I've just come up with does indeed pertain to the main plot, but won't be revealed until the end. ;) And don't try guessing, cause that would suck all the fun out of the mystery! :lol:

With this being a LBT RP, I believe sticking with the gang would be a good idea, unfortunatley I don't have a single clue as to what their costumes would look like...or more to the fact how they would morph to begin with. :rolleyes: Oh well...it's trial and error time! YAY!

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I wouldn¥t like the idea to mix the LBT with any kinds of human. For me it would be too much off LBT. I prefer those RPs, with the LBT characters and other dinosaurs, but not with humen in it.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
With the LBT characters, we could try and play around with the armor idea GVG had in Armageddon in the Beyond before we had to get rid of it.

Otherwise, if we use human characters, then we could choose any ranger from from any of the series.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not familiar at all with Power Rangers... So I can't really say.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
If this is the "classic" power rangers (before Zordon was killed by the Red Space ranger... on Zordon's orders!), the Rangers could be teleported through time from the Command Center to stop some sort of monster... which will then have to grow... this fits well because the first season of the power rangers used the dinozords, including a dragonzord (an an ultrazord)... but if we will keep it limited to five, we ought to just have the five main dinozords (only two of which were representative of dinosaurs!) combine to form the megazord.

For those who don't know, the five zords were the Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Pterodactyl, Mastodon (Mammoth in the original Japanese sentai), and Saber-Tooth Tiger. There was also a dragonzord (think mechagodzilla) commanded by the green ranger, who could summon it by using a musical dagger... and a sauropod-like zord (with wheels) called Titanus which could combine with the megazord and dragonzord to form the ultrazord. That's seven zords in total...

EDIT: Of the original rangers, There were red (Jason), black (Zack,who was African-American) , blue (Billy), yellow(Trini; she was Asian), and pink (Kimberly; yes, a girl pink ranger; they've had at least 3 pink females in the land before time series as well.) At first, it was three guys and two girls (sort of like the original Gang of Five.) Later, the green ranger joined, and he increased their numbers to six.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Some questions comes to mind, after hearing everyone's suggestions.  Are we going to use characters from the Power Ranger series into the RP, or are the Gang going to be the Rangers, or are we making up a whole new set of Rangers?

If we are using a team from the series, which ones can we use?  There are in fact 2 Ranger teams set with dinosaurs:  Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Dino Thunder.  And THEN there are at least 10 other teams in the American series.  The Japanese Super Sentai series began in the 70's, so I don't want to think about how many teams they have...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
As for how they morph I was going to copy the idea of how the mighty morphin power rangers would morph into the ninja rangers, they didn't use morphers but held their hands and fingers in a certain way, and for the 4 footers I was going to have them change by holding the wrists of their front feet together, wasn't sure about Spike since he doesn't talk, unless he scats or something.  The wrists being held together is how in the 60's or 70's Marvel Captain Marvel or Rick Jones would switch places, with one of them having to remain in the Negative Zone.  

As for zords I was maybe going to use the gang grows to large size since there is no tech really in the LBT world.  Or just go with the type each of the gang is.

I used some of my ideas for what what could have been a fanfiction or rp for the versions of Ducky and Petrie I am playing in the insane cafe rp.  That is the more serious version of my idea, where Mr. Thicknose takes the place of Zordon since Zordon doesn't exist yet.    My goofier idea would have had Zordon and Alpha 1, alpha 5 not existing yet, and the gang being chosen since due to budget cuts they could not afford teens with attitudes yet.

I guess we have to hope at most there are only 5 players interested, or maybe 6.  Though 7 may be possible with the gang being 7 in number in the tv series.  

If it is LBT, we'd have to decide do we go with the traditional colors, or with the colors the gang are, several of them are green I think and if he's leader Littlefoot would likely be red.    

With mine I found it hard to pick colors for the serious version so as can be seen in the insane cafe I did away with colors and went basing it on the type they were, Ducky being the great valley swimmer guardian, though that would likely  not fit for a power ranger rp since all versions are called rangers I think.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
...!!!
Just had a brilliant idea!
In the later Power Rangers series, there are often two ranger sets, or the Rangers and the independent (Ranger who had a stand-alone Megazord).  So, what if we had the "Valley Rangers"(Littlefoot, Cera, Etc...) and the "Beyond Rangers?" (Hunter, Longtail, Dante, etc...)   That might work, dont'cha think?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The benefit of that is oc's could be used and there could be more then 5 (or 7) characters.    Not sure what the others think.  I guess if they are the beyond rangers they either can't live in the great valley or have to live or have their nest or sleeping area near on of the entrances or in one of the caves?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
@Mirumoto - We would use the classic series of Power Rangers instead of the Dino Thunder.

I would think we would use between 5 - 7 people for the characters. I am thinking if we set this in the LBT universe, then the gang would act as the rangers, Grandpa Longneck and Mr. Thicknose could collaborate and act as Zordon, maybe Sharptooth from the first movie resurrected and act as Rita/Zedd.

I agree with the morphing idea, but I'm still a little confused as to how the gang would actually move their body parts to morph. Could you explain that a little further Kor?

EDIT: I just read your idea Starfall, and that's actually a pretty good idea! What I was thinking, which is pretty much what you said, we could have one group of rangers which consist of the original gang, and we could have a second group which includes any original characters like Longtail, Dante, Hunter, Zaine, etc...

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
For the bipeds it could be similar to how they did it in the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4JcfrlobRs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsDMCyXBpuw

For the quadrapeds I was going to go with their right front leg may cross over their left front leg.  As for Spike it could be either he'd have to scat it, say nonsense stuff, or maybe as long as someone else is morphing and saying the words he may not need to if he morphs at the same time.

Though instead of they saying ranger power, great valley ranger power now, we'd have to decide on the words used.  In the version I was going to do I have Ducky saying "Great Valley Swimmer Guardian", Petrie likewise says, "Great Valley Flyer Guardian." Since that way I didn't have to try to decide, what color is Littlefoot, Cera, ect, so I would have gone with that instead so I didn't have to pick colors.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I really like your ideas about the morphing Kor. I agree that they should be Great Valley Longneck Guardian or Threehorn Guardian etc... I also kind of understand more your ideas about how they wll perform the morph. Like you said, for the flyer's/swimmers/sharpteeth, it will be easier.

We can always create a seperate Power Ranger RP for human characters if we want to, but I think we are going with the lbt characters as rangers for this one.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
In that case, I think the "Beyond Rangers" are the colors.  Am I correct?
If so, I nominate Longtail as Red, Hunter as Yellow, Dante as Black, and Zaine as Blue.  Who else wants in?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is what I was going to ask, since at several of the beyond folks are fast biters or sharpteeth would they do colors and would they use the term guardian or ranger?

It would have to be decided to the beyond folks live in the great valley, in the beyond, can they sleep, have a nest in a cave that has an entrance to both.  Do the great valley and beyond folks know who each other really are or do they know each other only in their costume/guardian or ranger form and do not know outside their guardian/costume form.   For example  do Dante and Littlefoot know the other is the great valley longneck guardian or the black beyond ranger, or do they not know?  That would have to be decided also.

If the 5 or 6 positions are not taken for the beyond I may do a character for them also, or may not, I"ll wait and see.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Personally, I think we should have nests that access both the Beyond and the Valley.  Also, not having the two groups know about the other's being Rangers would be good.  That would set up for a revelation scene later on.
Example:
Black Beyond Ranger(wounded):  Darn it!  I can't... (collapses)
Red Beyond Ranger: Dante!
Everyone in the Guardian team:  :wow ??? Dante!?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It could lead to an interesting rp scene if they do not know.  Would you prefer the beyond rangers morph the same way as the great valley guardians, or do you have your own ideas?

Also if it is popular it could lead to 1 or more sequels.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think the morphing sequence should be the same.  Maybe, though, the "Beyond Rangers" can have, I dunno, different gear for one thing (like swords or whatnot), and maybe have darker names than just their color.
Example:
Dante--Beyond Ranger Black: Bladedge
Just a thought.