The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Darwin's Soldiers

Serris · 697 · 69776

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
...and all the doors locked and the lights cut out.

"Take that, sucker," smiled Shelton. He radioed back to Zanasiu and the others. "Are we all okay over there? Do we have time to go fix the Central Processing Unit now?"

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
James picked up the radio and radio Sheldon. "Yeah, I think we'll have time to get to the Central Processing Unit. Besides, there's a good chance we can't get into the other labs to rescue the scientists and other experiments, thanks to the electronic locks."

"Dr. Joe, are you capable of using a weapon?" the Clydesdale asked, "Uh, James is it necessary we keep the bazooka?"

"Yeah. We may need it in case some of the more dangerous experiments turn on us."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku nodded.  
"Yeah.  There are a few of the other experiments, a few that have powers far greater than most.  I know of at least one that is housed in the deeps.  Sublevel five.  There's another one, a bioboosted cyberweapon named First Lieutenant Roy Hawkeye.  Last I heard, he's being kept in the Weapons Test Range, in some sort of cryo storage.  Once we get the CPU running, we should search him out.  He might be able to help."
He said, then turned back towards Snow, offering her his hand.
"Are you coming, Snow?"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"I don't know, Neku. I heard that a few of the experiments in cryo-storage were considered extremely unstable emotionally. They could turn on us and join the terrorists." Siberys said, his tail swinging back in forth with some concern.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Werner kept a close watch on the hall as he held his AK closley.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku shook his head.  
"If I remember right, Hawkeye was only placed there because of damage incurred to his armor and himself during a test flight.  Crash, or something.  It's the ones on Sublevel Five that we have to worry about..."
He said, suddenly a bit nervous...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton clicked his tongue impatiently. "The CPU, people? We can wrestle with the Sublevel inhabitants after I've regained control of the weapon systems. CPU's two hallways, one staircase, and a locked door east of your current position."

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Snow was paralyzed by the fight in the hallway, that Dr. Joe had to push her to get her moving.  The white Shepherd was struggling to keep her heart rate under control, when Neku again offered his hand to her.  She hesitated, but then took his paw with her own, and followed.

Dr. Joe wiped some sweat from her dusty brow as she listened to the Clydesdale.  "I was taught to use a handgun when I was a teenager," she replied.  "And I don't think a handgun is useful with these terrorists now..."

----------

Meanwhile, in another part of the base, Vic, fully-suited, medical bag over his shoulder, and rifle in hand, cautiously and quietly slipped through the dim hallways.  He was in the soldier's locker room when an explosion ripped the metal door from its hinges and two gunmen jumped in and started firing all over the place.  Vic had to dive away from the barrage and drew his Glock, hitting the first terrorist in the neck and putting three in the second's chest.  Now he's on the move to find any survivors nearby...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton sighed in relief when the team finally reached the CPU. "Awesome. Now let's debug.

"The Zed-Wings virus is composed of sophisticated micro-machines infiltrating the CPU's structural machinery, and hacking into systems directly from the motherboard. To get rid of them, you need to shut the CPU down completely, the plug connecting it to it's power source is underneath. Then, short out the circuts with a close-range disruptor charge; Neku, your eletrokinetic abilities will come in handy here. Then turn it back on, and I'll get you your defense turrets."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Neku nodded.
"Right.  I'll try to do my best.  Just tell me what to do, Shelton."
He said, connecting his headphones to his radio, ready to do his part to help.  He smiled at Snow, then turned back towards the CPU...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Dr. Joe, everyone who can use a weapon should take one. Even a pistol is better than nothing." James said, handing his Colt .45 and the magazines to Dr. Joe.

The Clydesdale was standing by Neku in case he needed to help lift anything.

Zach then resumed his position by the door, next to Werner.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Before doing anything, Neku, pull the plug underneath the CPU. That separates it not only from its power source, but from the rest of the base's systems.

"Then, Neku, the circuit panel is on the left side of the CPU's outer casing. Remove the plastic covering, and give it a good zap directly into the flow wires. Nobody should be touching the machine while he does this. Once you stop, replug it in, and I'll check the status."

The radar blinked to his left. Shelton turned on the cameras in that area. A terrorist group with flame launchers inched towards a T-junction.
Shelton broadcast back to Zanasiu and the others.

"And all of you be on guard. There's a 33% chance a terrorist blast team will be coming your way."

(OOC - They're not going to. I've got other plans for these terrorists.)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Right.  I hear ya, Shelton.  I'm disconnecting the thing now."
Neku said, puling the plug out from the machine, then setting to work on the side covering.
"Right.  Got it off.  Everyone step back.  Okay...Here goes nothing..."
Neku muttered, unleashing a current into the two wires he had been instructed to, hoping it would work.  He waited a moment for the excess charge to wear off, then plugged the CPU back in.
"Well, Shelton? We got anything?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Shelton quickly logged onto the main server, and scanned the motherboard.

There was no trace of the Zwings virus.

"You did it, Neku! All systems go! Rerouting the self-defense systems to obey vocal commands from us scientists, Siberys, and Snow. If you need an auto turret to do your bidding, just ask it."

The flame thrower-toting terrorists had reached the middle of the T-junction and were deciding whether to go right or left. If they chose left, they'd march right towards Zanasiu and the others.

"C'mon, march to the right..." Shelton muttered.

Tense seconds passed in the control room. Suddenly, the terrorists pivoted and started running down the center hallway.

Shelton's heart leapt into his throat. He punched the intercom.

"Mayday! Mayday! They're heading for this control room! My control room! Help!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"We need to act now. Who will go to take out the terrorists heading towards Shelton?" Siberys asked. He began to motion towards the door.

"I'm going. Who else is with me? By the way, sorry Neku. You need to stay here until the CPU is fixed."

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm comming with you,' werner said puttin the ak in his left hand.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Dr. Joe took the gun and magazines and cocked the slide back to check, and then stuffed the extra magazines into her lab coat pocket.  She stood next to Snow, whom was watching Neku work with the CPU.

----------

Vic turned some more corners when he came across a body of one of the soldiers, his back riddled with bullets.  He knew he was dead, but he check his pulse just in case...when a static crackle and a panic voice came through the corpse's headseat.  The voice belonged to Shelton, and someone's about to rain in on his parade in a few moments.  He quickly unhooked the headset from the soldier's neck and strapped it on himself.  "Shelton, this is Vic.  Come in!  I need your location so I can help!"

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
James and the Clydesdale looked at Siberys.

"We're coming." they said in unison.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A quiet voice from the doorway spoke up.
"I'll go with the group helping out Shelton.  Name's Kagetora.  Ex-Vigoorian Tactical Ninja."
The figure who had spoken was a man clad in tightly-fitted black cloth, holding a submachine gun in his hand.  His face was covered in cloths, and his eyes were masked by a set of night-vision goggles.  Across his back were a pair of swords.  He looked at them for a moment longer, then spoke again.  
"If we are planning to help Shelton, I suggest we move out now..."

Neku ignored him, focusing on the CPU, and even more so on Snow...

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
The programmer with Shelton slid open a desk, which contained two Derringers. He threw one to Shelton. "C'mon. we have to defend the entrance."

"Are you crazy?" Shelton exclaimed, fumbling and dropping the pistol. "I haven't fired one of these in my life!"

"Just me then. Stay safe." The programmer narrowed his eyes, and darted into the hallway.

Shelton started to call him back, but another voice interrupted him from the radio: "Come in! I need your location so I can help!"

Shelton didn't care who that was, just hit the button back and yelled, "Main control room, north of the AWTR, and there's only two of us! Estimate less than a minute before they get here! Hurry!"