The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

If you could have one question answered...

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
If I could have one question answered, it would be: Why do so many people on the internet talk liek dis. hai can i plz have source code 2 ur game plz. plz can i be admin on ur game plz just let me plz.

It's not like there are only a select few who talk like that, there are SO many, and they ALL talk the same. It's like an alternate species of the human race that just up and spawned when the internet was created. They have terrible grammar and like to make themselves look like complete idiots. I can never take a person seriously who types like that, and I'd really like to know how old they are and why exactly they are typing like that.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Mar 16 2009 on  10:37 AM
If I could have one question answered, it would be: Why do so many people on the internet talk liek dis. hai can i plz have source code 2 ur game plz. plz can i be admin on ur game plz just let me plz.

It's not like there are only a select few who talk like that, there are SO many, and they ALL talk the same. It's like an alternate species of the human race that just up and spawned when the internet was created. They have terrible grammar and like to make themselves look like complete idiots. I can never take a person seriously who types like that, and I'd really like to know how old they are and why exactly they are typing like that.
One of the best questions I've seen in this thread.  Really, this messes with your schoolwork because the students that use the internet short form are the ones who are likely to use the same spellings on more formal work.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ From a practical point of view it would be better for you though to ask how you can change it (if there was a way at all). For the mere why could be easily answered by something along the lines of "habit", "it's considered cool / comfortable" etc. but it probably wouldn't help too much).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yweah there have been stories written about internet shorthand and texting have really done a number on the writing skill of the recent high school and college students, its its really sad...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
And its up to people like those on the GOF to avenge the death of the English language. Unlike many of the other forums or message boards on the web, everyone here strives to be as grammatically correct as possible while maintaining proper vocabularies. At least I hope.

If i messed up those sentences that would be a smack of irony right in my face

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Ruby: "We must avenge the death of the English language, avenge the death of the English language we must."
Ducky: "Yep, yep, yep!"
Petrie: "Me no get it!"
Cera: "That sounds just dumb!"
Spike: "The protection of an adequate use of so traditional a language as the English one requires a more sophisticated use of the same than the one you just displayed."
Everyone:  :blink: