The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Regarding ANY LBT 14 Topics

Petrie. · 468 · 71120

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Feb 7 2012 on  05:37 PM
Probably stemming from the fact that is was never officially cancelled per say, but simply put on hiatus till the end of time. Futurama wasn't officially cancelled either in it's original run. Fox just decided to not buy another season.

And I kinda liked 11 too. It had an interesting conflict (fighting prejudice, and basically putting another kind down), and I liked the tinysaurus characters. 12 just had something about the great day of the flyers, and the "resolution" made absolutely no sense, though Guido was a nice, funny character.

And don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia. They made movie 13 without Kenneth Mars, so I don't think he was the reason they didn't continue it. It was most likely because of low viewership (eg: it didn't make much money).
Don't get me wrong the adults and conflict was good, but that was about it. 13 well it could of been better let's just say that.  :blink:

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ludichris1,Feb 7 2012 on  05:20 PM
Quote from: MC CJ'S REVENGE,Feb 7 2012 on  12:33 PM
If something is done about the series I can see three things happening.

1. It will be a remake of the original film.

2. It will be sequel that hopefully will take the series to the next level and have a storyline that makes sense and won't be anything like the 11th movie and 13th movie.

3. They will continue on with the T.V. Series.

Until then only time will tell with what will happen with the series.
I'd be fine with a remake, as long as it means everyone will see it in theaters, and then the franchise will continue. What's wrong with LBT 11? I thought it was better than the twelvth one. While both were good, the twelvth one kinda felt more like a TV movie. But I agree with you on LBT 13. I heard they had lower budget lol. :(

According to the Universal Studios Animation page on Wikipedia, saying that the TV series was put on hiatus because of Kenneth Mars... makes me wonder if it's on hiatus because they no longer have a well-known person playing a part?

Also, what I don't get, is the page says LBT TV series was from 2007-present, but I thought it was only in like 2007 and 2008? There's only 26 episodes. What's the deal with that?
Like vonboy said don't believe anything said on Wikipedia. They need to put a lock on The Land Before Time page of Wikipedia then users won't be able to vandalize or put false info on it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you want a Wiki that gives you REAL info of The Land Before Time, the following is the best source.

http://landbeforetime.wikia.com/wiki/Land_Before_Time_Wiki

Best of all, it's created by the fans, for the fans. :)

LBTComeback

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
WHAT! THE LBT SERIES IS OVER, GONE, DELETED, VANISHED! NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^Why the drama now? The last film was released years ago. And it's not dead while the GOF stands. And even if the GOF goes down, it still won't mean the end. ;)

joshua1127

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I would not blame anyone unless it's for  a good reason.

I think it's wrong to blame somebody that dosen't know what he had done.

If the Land Before Time XIV is a rumor then it's a rumor.

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I have CONFIRMED information on LBT 14.  Accidentally confirmed, but confirmed nonetheless.  Head over to my topic in general discussion, you can't miss it.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Here is additional confirmation from a release about another DTV movie published 2 days ago:

Dragonheart 3

In case the link doesn't work, the last two paragraphs in the article is a description of Universal, and the last line of the first paragraph is as follows:

Among the projects currently readying for release include Scorpion King 4: Quest for Power and the newest installments of the beloved family franchises, Beethoven and The Land Before Time.

I think it's safe to say that LBT 14 has been all but confirmed.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Lovely :)
It reminds me a little of the very first announcement of the TV series back in 2005 which, as far as I recall, was also kind of "hidden" on another webpage.
We had long accepted that there wouldn't be any new LBT installments anymore, but I guess it goes to show that dinosaurs don't go extinct easily and that a long hiatus needn't be extinction ;)
We may want to avoid celebrating just yet, mostly since according to the interview the information wasn't supposed to leak out just now, but then again once reference has already made it into a published article I reckon it is not exactly classified anymore anyway. And in case anyone involved with the production of the land before time happens to drop by (which I guess is quite possible), please just enjoy the free advertisment among a crowd enjoying the land before time a lot :smile
Thanks a lot thelonedinosaur27 for sharing the interview (and welcome to the GOF  :yes) and to you Stitch for the article :)
I imagine this will make the day for many of us :celebrate  :cheers  :birthday

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This is fantastic! Thank you so much, thelonedinosaur and Stitch!

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you so much for providing this information.  This is certainly a pleasant surprise.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is better than any drug :smile A new LBT? That wouldn't make my day but at least a week if not a month  :exactly
Inactive, probably forever.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
As grand as it sounds, and I'm sure we'd all be grateful to see our dino gang return to our screens, I suppose we should be mindful of the format it may take. A new LBT announcement doesn't necessarily mean an LBT 14. Could be a new series of episodical adventures or a spin off perhaps (as long as they don't go pseudo-anime on us like everything else in animation these days...). Still, the prospect of a new LBT project does reignite some fires. :D

thelonedinosaur27

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Glad everyone is excited!  Glad to be a part of this community too.  I'm gonna predict that its not a show, but that its a movie, based on what was said in my interview.  The reason it came up in the first place was because we were talking about songs in the films, and she happened to mention the ones in the "new" one are great too.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Speculations can begin now ;)
The most frequent question in chats so far has been whether or not the next sequel will refer to the TV-series (specifically if Ruby and Chomper are to be in it).
Seeing that the last sequel was produced after the series chances are that they may mostly ignore the series (same as with the series and movies on how to train your dragon).
In any case I would think it very probably that they will continue to make "stand alone" sequels as in them not requiring any knowledge of the other movies (the only sequel so far where knowledge of earlier movies was helpful (though not compulsory) would be LBT 5.
Nevertheless I would say there may be a chance that the next movie might refer to the TV series for a different reason. Thing is that possible plots within the limited space offered by the prehistoric setting of a "society" of dinosaurs with survival, food and security being the main motivators are sparse (no doubt a reason that fanfictions usually mix LBT with elements that would be off limits in the movies).
Now the TV series opened up a lot of questions which would provide some good plot material for stories that wouldn't be a mere repetition of what we have seen before. So personally I think it might be possible.
I agree with those who hope that the new movie doesn't continue to focus on the youngest audience only (which I'm afraid was a main cause for the disappointment many expressed about later sequels and LBT 13 in particular).
My personal wish would be for the movie to somewhat return a bit more to the somewhat darker setting of the original or the early sequels (which were far from dark but at least there was some real sense of threat when sharpteeth were around, unlike in case of any sharptooth after LBT 9).

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This announcement almost makes me okay with having to work retail on black friday. Almost...

Great to hear, if it turns out being true, or it doesn't get cancelled or something.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Looks like the long hiatus is over for The Land Before Time. Reminds me of what happened with other shows. Such an interesting twist, seven years later.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you sure?  It's been a long time.  I was hoping to be the one to restart it.