The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask me about the Darwin's Soldiers 'Verse

Serris · 88 · 9668

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Since half of my ask me thread were questions related to the Darwin's Soldiers universe, I thought to let that thread be dedicated to other questions and create this thread for the sole purpose of answering questions relating to my two works.

----------------------------------------

Summaries

Darwin's Soldiers

First RP

Terrorists invade Pelvanida, a subterranean government research facility in the deserts of Nevada. They are thwarted by the unlikely team of scientists, security guards, and the animal experiments.

Second RP
The heroes have stumbled upon a secret and illegal series of experiments and they invade Pelvanida to stop them. Along the way, they have to face the experiments, the guards and the scientists who will go to any length to protect the secrecy of their experiments.

Twilight Valley

The real Stone of Cold Fire lands in the Great Valley. Unfortunately, Claw Valley desires the stone and they will go to any lengths to get the stone and wipe out the Great Valley dinosaurs, igniting a brutal war.  

------------------------------------

Both works are fairly well developed and somewhat popular but I am sure that people will have questions about them. I am here to answer those questions. Without further ado, ask away!  :wave  :D

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
How's the RP on furtopia going? What's happening in that universe?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Both Furtopia RPs died.

The Reboot focuses mostly on a quartet of Pelvanida guards and it focuses more on rogue scientists and it has some babyfur elements.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Of the two furtopia RPs, which did you like better? I was following both, but stopped reading the reboot a couple months ago.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The first.

The babyfur content of the reboot clashed significantly with the tone of the RP. Also, a key signature of the DS RPs is a battle at the AWTR  and it wasn't present. Finally, I think too much attention was given to the rogue scientists.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My main inspiration for Twilight Valley was Falcon88's Land Before Time: War of the Worlds. It was one of the first LBT war stories written and I took the idea and ran with it.

I also took some ideas from Out of the Shadows (DarkHououmon),  Sharptooth Valley (Brekclub85),  A Time of Great Need (Karkovice).

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Will Ducky and Rytho become a couple in "Twilight Valley"?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't want to spoil too much but all I'll say is this: bet on it.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
How often do you use tropes and realize you're using a trope? Does it usually happen by accident, or do you like trying out a new trope you read about on the site?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most often it is unintentional. Usually, I only work in tropes that logically make sense.

Here's a list of tropes that Twilight Valley has: TV Tropes article on Twilight Valley. You're free to edit or critique or do whatever to it (except delete it!).

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
What is your opinion on the canonicity of the following:

Card of Ten
Furtopia RP original
Furtopia RP reboot

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Card of Ten - canon
Furtopia Original - noncanon (antimatter universe)
Furtopia Reboot - noncanon

Note that Dr. Bailey from the Furtopia reboot is not exactly the same character from the the second RP. The Furtopia version could kick ass with the best of them and this one... can't.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
How did you come up with the names for your Darwin's Soldiers characters (James, Zachary, Keith Bailey, Yuri Kerzach, etc.)?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I usually just think hard and dig through my memory banks using names that I have heard before. Surnames are either constructed, modified versions of surnames I have heard or I use this site.

A fun note is that I know people named James, Keith, Zachary and Johnson.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
What would you think of futuristic rendition of Twilight Valley involving lasers, mechs, guns etc. instead of stone age tech?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Is chapter 28 already in the works?  That "twist" that was mentioned in the "Bump this thread when in a good mood" thread really has my anticipation built up for chapter 28 already :yes.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have the mental outline.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Caustizer: I do not think a futuristic rendition of Twilight Valley will work out too well. A unique feature of Twilight Valley is that the war is very low tech.  

However, I do feel that dinosaurs and modern weaponry can mix.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, how's the latest chapter of "Twilight Valley" comin' along?