The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What does Thanksgiving mean to you?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So, Thanksgiving is going to be upon us in a few weeks and I started wondering what it means to the members of the board here.

Post your thoughts on Thanksgiving here.

Here are mine:

So, what does Thanksgiving mean to me?  In all honesty, I don't really give this much thought.  Usually, when Thanksgiving comes, all I think about is all of the great food I'm going to be eating.

However, it has occurred to me that this year is different in the sense that we won't be having Thanksgiving Dinner on Thanksgiving.  So, it will instead be a day for me and my family to think about what we are thankful for.  Which I realize we should do every year that Thanksgiving comes around.

One thing I can think of right away that I'm thankful for is my family.  I can't tell you how grateful I am that they have taken time out of their busy schedules to help me out with my task of becoming independent.  We've gotten pretty far, but we still have a long way to go on it.  To be honest, I don't know where I would be without them.  Then again, I probably don't want to think about it.

I am thankful to have a wonderful family that Heavenly Father has blessed me into.  They have no idea how much they have helped me through life and how much I love them.  I really don't think I could ask for a better family.

And that is what I am thankful for.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
It means a few glorious days off of school.  That's about it. :p We don't do the whole dinner and turkey thing.  Heck, we don't even get together.  I just keep repairing computers and keep eating microwave burritos. :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
My family has a tradition at Thanksgiving dinner of everyone standing up and walking around the table, stopping at each other family member’s chair to say why he or she is thankful for that person.

Gourmand that I am, I always look forward to the meal itself as well. :p

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^I never heard of that word "gourmand". I guess it just means someone that really likes food. :D

Thanksgiving is a neat holiday. I really don't care for the food all that much for some reason. :p

It's a nice day to be thankful and be around people. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
We've always done a thanksgiving meal with the family.  This year our meal will be a couple of days early in the Liberty Tree Tavern of WDW. :D  My family and my grandma.  There is sentimental value, however, we're good about being thankful and all that, all the time anyway, so to devote a day where its glorified is really irrelevant and silly for my immediate family.