News:

Author Topic: What is Your current job or future job  (Read 6190 times)

Ducky123

• Ducky is not pleased, nope nope nope
  • Member+
    • View Profile
Re: What is Your current job or future job
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2018, 05:30:03 AM »
Quote from: Ducky123 on February 21, 2016, 09:30:30 AMJust about to finish my first semester studying chemistry at university  :lol

Funny how fast two years pass...

I've long since quit chemistry. I'm in training (or to use a more old fashioned word, in a scholar apprenticeship) for the same job cyberbat is working (see above posts). A medical lab assistant. I've started my second year this fall. We learn the theory at school and practise the methods and tests to the abilities we have at our school and the labs we have. It's very interesting and starting 2019 I'll actually get paid (going on strike in April helped to get our apprenticeship paid at last! :D)
My 3rd year will be practical in nature as I'll have internships in all areas (hematology, cytology, microbiology etc.). Looking forward to it :)
Note to self: finally create that signature lazy bum! :P

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2019, 03:03:19 PM »
I drifted around a LOT after finishing my microbiology degree, mostly in pursuit of affordable insulin. The last two years have allowed me to become a QC Reviewer for cell laboratory tests, and to be honest I couldn't be happier with it. The stability and the pacing is perfect for me, and I'm able to redesign processes and, for the first time, to have a real impact on the environment around me. I just got promoted this week, and as someone who's struggled a LONG time to keep going, it's relief to know I have a spot. =)

Anagnos

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2019, 02:42:43 PM »
Just few more months of college left and then I have finally graduated after three long years. Time has sure flown by. Seems just like it was yesterday that I walked in to the school for my first class.  :smile

And if anyone is wondering what I'm going to be, I'm going to be a tourism activities organizer  ;)Cera

ImpracticalDino

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2019, 11:02:25 PM »
I would love to become a Marine Biologist as my future career. I'm in love and fascinated by Orcas! The more I watch them on Youtube, the more intrigued I am! I hope I specialize in possibly studying, interacting, and playing with them in the open ocean one day! I hate seeing them locked up at Seaworld, I do I do! Hmm but also, the intricacies of mangroves also fascinate me. A forest of them creates a diverse and sustainable habitat for a variety of organisms which is just awesome. The fact that it can also survive in such a harsh place where most plants wouldn't thrive amazes me. While I do have many choices, seems like I'm narrowing it down already. But then again, I'm still in my first year of high school, so my choice could change. So let's see what happens.
This is where it ends.

Mouse-a-saur

• Chomper
  • Highkey Beach Boys Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2019, 11:02:15 PM »
I work at Chuck E. Cheese's  :PAli
Dino-mite, brother

ImpracticalDino

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »
Quote from: Mouse-a-saur on May 22, 2019, 11:02:15 PM
I work at Chuck E. Cheese's  :PAli

Hehe, seems fun. :)
I'm not sure how I would feel being surrounded by volatile children all the time though. :sducky
Do you have a future career in mind yet?

Mouse-a-saur

• Chomper
  • Highkey Beach Boys Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2019, 03:31:11 PM »
@ImpracticalDino The kids aren't so bad, it's mostly the adults  :sducky
I'm currently majoring in English so I hope to be working in that sort of "field" one day.

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2019, 03:36:31 PM »
Soon there will be four year since I work at my constant job,working with sites and e-shops.
I feel like it was yesterday.wow, time flies fast...

I'm happy I love my job so I go there without any doubt. unlike school and university... гг
Play Mr. Stick adventure forum game!:
http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15974

-----------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601

dinosaur in the bushes: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

------------------

---------

ImpracticalDino

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »
Quote from: Mouse-a-saur on May 23, 2019, 03:31:11 PM
The kids aren't so bad, it's mostly the adults  :sducky
I'm currently majoring in English so I hope to be working in that sort of "field" one day.

I could only imagine. :p

Cool! Do you want to be a teacher, writer, journalist, or what?

Mouse-a-saur

• Chomper
  • Highkey Beach Boys Mom
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »
Perhaps a writer. I’m keeping my options open.  :PCera

ImpracticalDino

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »
Quote from: Sneak on May 23, 2019, 03:36:31 PM
I feel like it was yesterday.wow, time flies fast...

Gee, tell me about it. It only felt like yesterday that I was just a sweet, clueless boy who just started kindergarten. But now here I am, a freshman in High School looking forward towards the future with high hopes. But yeah, it really shows how short life really is.

Quote from: Sneak on May 23, 2019, 03:36:31 PM
I'm happy I love my job so I go there without any doubt. unlike school and university... гг

I'm very glad to hear that. I've heard many people get stuck with a job they hate, but have no choice in the matter because they need it to support themselves or their families. I think though that education would be the first step towards acquiring a job that you love.

"Unlike school and university..." Elaborate please if you're comfortable? :thinking
It's always interesting and cool to hear about the experiences of other people in school.

Sneak

• Ozband Iresh
  • Member+
  • Ozband Iresh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2019, 05:23:28 AM »
Quote from: ImpracticalDino on May 23, 2019, 10:03:32 PMI think though that education would be the first step towards acquiring a job that you love.
Elaborate please if you're comfortable? :thinking
It's always interesting and cool to hear about the experiences of other people in school.
That's it.
Aboslutely nothing (ok, maybe only 5%) I learned in school or university helped me to study things I use in my job or in my free time. (I studied programming and English almost by myself, at free time)

Yes. Only positive memories I have about school and university times are about wonderful times with my classmates, funny situations, and other live stuff that happened there. :)
But absolutely everything about actual study was... :/
II didn't have problem with study. I had almost perfect marks. But the thing is - education system took 14 years of my life, and it MADE me study it against my will. :/
And at the end, nothing of that I use right now.

ImpracticalDino

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2019, 09:59:05 PM »
Quote from: Sneak on May 24, 2019, 05:23:28 AM
That's it.
Aboslutely nothing (ok, maybe only 5%) I learned in school or university helped me to study things I use in my job or in my free time. (I studied programming and English almost by myself, at free time)

Yes. Only positive memories I have about school and university times are about wonderful times with my classmates, funny situations, and other live stuff that happened there. :)
But absolutely everything about actual study was... :/
II didn't have problem with study. I had almost perfect marks. But the thing is - education system took 14 years of my life, and it MADE me study it against my will. :/
And at the end, nothing of that I use right now.

I concur with you about the friends aspect of school. Honestly, if I had the choice to stay or leave forever and never come back, I would choose the latter. The only reason I would come back is for my friends. But then again, we could all meet up at a different location anyways. :p

But back on topic. I've always wondered why for 12 years of being in school, we are forced to learn so many useless things which we will end up forgetting over the summer break just to be retaught some of it again. I honestly believe that most of the basic skills that are useful and necessary are learned in elementary. Why don't they let you choose your own path starting in Middle School? If that's too early, then why not High School? If you already have an idea of what you're interested in, take classes that dictates to your needs. As you may know already, our education system is outdated and just raises children to become good factory workers, but not inventive and inspired people. Every individual is not the same, and we all learn and work at a different pace. I'd like to share both this video and this video, as it illustrates my (and many others) perspective quite perfectly.

Learning can be fun, but it depends on the person and the method in which the information is being delivered.
But yeah, it feels that I've learned much more on the internet than school has ever taught me.

I'm grateful for the many awesome teaches I've had through all the years of school so far, with only boring teaches at worst. But that's not saying too much, since they're nice as well. The use of anecdotes, videos, songs, acting, and just their sheer personalities are just the many ways that my teachers have made the experience as fun as it could be. Trust me, they also realize how boring and redundant school can be. After all, they had to go through the same torture we are in right now. :)