The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lost in a Forest

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
*in booming voice* HERE IS THE PTERANO FANFIC YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! HERE'S LOST IN A FOREST!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

A figure stood on the ledge of a high cliff, watching over the Great Valley as the Great Valley Council had a meeting next to Stone Arch* discussing on something about a banishment. He watched as a trio of flyers-one male carrying a little swimmer, one female and a giant flyer who looked like he could be male or female carrying a small longneck, spiketail and threehorn. Just out of curiosity, he fallowed the three flyers, landing behind the Stone Arch where nobody could see him

"Frankly, Pterano your behavior have been inexcusable," an old male longneck spoke in a calm voice. "But in light of the fact that you helped save the children, your punishment will be reduced."

A hopeful smile formed on Pterano's beak. "It will?"

"Yes," the longneck continued. "We've decided that you are banished to the Mysterious Beyond until five of the cold times have passed."

Pterano's smile disappeared as he hung his head in disappointment. "Five cold times?" a young flyer exclaimed. "But that's so long!"

"Yes," a grumpy old threehorn growled. "And some of us think it should be a lot longer."

"But the herds would want nothing to do with me!" Pterano complained. "I'll be alone and defenseless! Is that really fair?"

"YES!" the council shouted in unison. Pterano took a step back, not knowing what to do or say next. The young flyer landed beside him. "Oh please let him stay." he pleaded. "He very sorry."

The female flyer landed next to the young one. "That may be but that doesn't change what he did and he MUST be responsible."

"Petrie."

"But-" Petrie stopped when he realized that the older flyer had something say.

"She's right," he explained. "We all must be responsible for our actions," he keeled down, smiling understandingly. "I'll be fine."

Petrie shed a tear. "I'm gonna miss you, Uncle."

"Perhaps someday, I shall return and prove that I can be trustworthy. I know there's much I can contribute if given the chance." Petrie sobbed, flying into the old flyers arms. "I shall miss you too, Petrie." The figure could have swarn he saw a tear form in Pterano's eye as he held Petrie.

The moment was rudely interrupted by the threehorn mumbling something the figure couldn't make out. All he heard was "Scram!" before the threehorn chase the old flyer into the sky. "Then again, there are others whom I shan't miss at all!" Pterano shouted as he flew away from the Great Valley.

The flyer flew off from the spot he was at and landed back on that high cliff. He watched as Pterano flew off in the distance. "So you're the famous Pterano who had left my father to die." he whispered in a low Texan accent. He chuckled, flying off into Pterano's direction.

"You will pay, Pterano...you will pay..."
------------------------------------------------------------------------

There ya go folks. The introduction that I finished yesterday. If I can, I'll post chapter one tomorrow. (lol, that's my birthday...)
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
it's just a scene from movie 7, so not much to comment on right now.

the very end is intriguing, though. I'll look forward for it to really get underway.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This looks promising, I do encourage you to keep at this story, it seems like it will be a good read. :yes I espeically like the ending and all that suspense. ;)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Well I'm glad you do! Embrace the suspense! lol
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I saw a minor spelling error ("sworn" not "swarn" as you had written) but other than that, it is pretty good.

Yes, it is kind of a rehashing of the 7th movie's end but in this case, I think it works.

I love the suspenseful opening at the end. Let me guess, the flyer at the end is the son of Sierra or Rinkus?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Country-flyer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
This story does look promising and I look forward to more chapters.

Country-flyer

• Ruby
    • View Profile
This story does look promising and I look forward to more chapters.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hey guys, sorry I couldn't post yesterday. I had to take care of my homework and it took me until ten to finish my homework assignment. I probably won't be able to post much today, for I have more homework and a late birthday party. But a few paragraphs is a lot better than nothing, right? Okay now, ON WITH THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!! lol
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost Over

Five years passed since the banishment as the Bright Circle rose on a warm and sunny morning in the Mysterious Beyond, not a single cloud in the sky. This was quite rare for the Mysterious Beyond, especially in the morning. Despite this rare occasion, it was the same old routine as every normal day. Far-walkers would be entering or leaving the Mysterious Beyond and Sharpteeth would be hunting for their meals. But the strange thing is that every one in the Mysterious Beyond would wake up at the same time: just before sunrise.

Everyone...except for a certain flyer...

In the deepest cave, a frog croaked...only to get kicked in the top of the head by a large foot. Shocked, frightened and having no idea what had hit him, the frog hopped out of there.

Pterano opened his dark blue eyes, "Morning already?" he mumbled to himself. He yawned, stretching his body out before getting up on his feet and walked towards the opening of the cave. He gazed at the majestic mountains that separated the Mysterious Beyond and the Great Valley. He smiled; almost there. It was exactly two weeks from now that he would return to the Great Valley, to start over, to work things out with the Great Valley Council and his sister and most importantly, to see his nephews and nieces again. "Two more weeks, Petrie...two more weeks."

With that being said, Pterano flew off to the Big Water, searching for his breakfast, just like his normal routine. He heard something splash behind him, which caused him to turn around. A blue fish swimming towards him, totally unaware that it was about to become food. Perfect. Pterano flew up higher, just waiting for the right time to strike.

When the fish was underneath him, Pterano took the opportunity to dive for it, coming back up with the fish in his mouth. He swallowed as he spotted something bigger and better than the fish. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but it sure looked tasty. So he took a dive for it.

With his meal in his claw, Pterano flew back to the beach. He was in for a big surprise...

Okay that's all for now. I've got alot of things to take care of. I hope you enjoyed so far. :)
Update: HERE'S HANNAH! lol I'm back! Please enjoy this continuation of Chappie one. PS: Ptyra, I think you're gonna like this part.

He landed on the beach, taking a seat against a boulder. He held his meal over him and opened his mouth wide...

Only to get sprayed in the face with ink.

"WHAT THE-!!!!" Pterano exclaimed, dropping his meal and spitting out the ink. He looked at his meal and saw that it was a squid.

"I hate squids!!!" he whined, taking the squid and throwing it back into the ocean. No sooner than this, hysterical laughter came from the trees. Pterano sat up. "Who's there?" he scowled, trying to hide his fear.

But the laughing fit continued as Pterano stood up, holding up his claw. "Answer me, or I'll-"

A young flyer, black on the outside, night sky blue on the inside and no crest approached Pterano, still having that laughing fit. "Goodness Pterano, ya do the dumbest things, dontcha old flyer?" he told him with a Texan accent.

"I do not!" Pterano defended, crossing his arms on his chest.

The young flyer chuckled. "Come on, that's the second squid incident you've had so far. And must we not forget that stingray accident when ya first came here."

"I hate those to!"

"You hate everything that can make a fool outta ya." Pterano scoffed in response. "Well old friend, are you gonna gimme a hug or am I gonna have to leave?"

Pterano chuckled, uncrossing his arms and opening them. "Come here, you!"

"Now that's what I'd like to hear!" With that, the young flyer threw his arms around Pterano's neck, hugging him tightly.

The older flyer smiled, wrapping his wings around his waist, pulling him close and enveloping him in a big hug. "How's it going, Devon?"

"It's all good," Devon replied, pulling back, but clutching Pterano's shoulders. "How's the old flyer?"

"Who are you calling old?" Pterano teased. The two flyers laughed, breaking the embrace. They sat next to eachother as Devon handed him a treestar. "Thanks," Pterano said gratefully as he used it to wipe the ink off his beak.

"So whatcha been up to?" Devon asked.

"Oh the same old, just without someone to talk to." the older flyer ruffled Devon's head.

"It's been a while hasn't it?"

"Yeah, two years at the most, am I correct?" Pterano replied.

"Feels more like three." Devon pointed. "I really missed you."

"I missed you too." Pterano suddenly frowned, sighing. Devon seemed to notice this too well.

"You miss your family, don't you?"

"Yeah, I've been missing them a lot lately. I mean, it's been so long since I've last seen them."

"At least your banishment is almost over. I mean, it is the fifth year, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then I think we should go visit them now!" Devon exclaimed. "I sense they're going to be very happy to see you!"

Pterano gave him a small smile. "But I'm not supposed to be there for another two weeks."

"Oh...well...it could be worse right? I mean, at least you weren't banished forever, right?"

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

Devon turned his gaze to the forest, and then back to Pterano. "Anyways, I gotta get goin."

"Same here. I've got to get back to my cave and think."

Devon reached his hand for Pterano's and helped him up to his feet. "Thanks." He then placed a hand on the younger flyer's shoulder. "Devon?"

"Yes...Pterano?"

"During this...umm...exile," the older flyer spoke. "I don't know what in the world I would do without you."

"You'd probably get squirted in the face with ink at every meal." Devon teased.

Pterano chuckled, showing a proud fatherly smile towards his dear friend.  "You," he rubbed his shoulder tightly. "You and that sense of humor that keeps me going." He pulled the younger flyer into a tight hug. "Thanks for being there for me, son."

Devon opened his eyes wide before closing them and wrapping his arms around the red flyer. Come to think of it, Pterano was a kind of like a father figure to him. He felt his friend's hands rub up and down his back and then his arms tighten around him, pulling him closer. "I love you..." Pterano whispered.

Devon let a tear fall from his eye; Pterano, you have no idea how much those words of yers mean to me. He clutched onto the older flyer, never, ever wanting to let go and nuzzled his shoulder. They stayed that way as a gentle breeze went through their wings.

They finally broke the hug, smiling fondly at each other. "See ya around?" Devon offered.

Pterano placed a gentle claw on the younger flyer's cheek, smiling proudly. "You bet." he replied, stroking his cheek with his claw. He allowed his claw to fall from Devon's cheek, to his shoulder and then to his arm before he turned around and spreaded his wings.

"Don't go bumping into trees on the way, Pterano."

He laughed before taking off, leaving Devon to his own thoughts. Devon spreaded his wings and headed for the forest. He landed next to a tree, taking off a tree star and stuffing it into his mouth.

"S' about time..."

This caused Devon to jump in fright, spitting out his treestar. Up on the tree branch above him stood a brown flyer, no crest and sharp teeth. "H-hey, Dad!" Devon stuttered nervously.

"So I see you're a very close friend of his, hmm?" Sierra asked him in a fake friendly tone, landing in front of Devon.

"Yeah, he's not as mean as you say he is," the younger flyer replied, before smiling as he watched as Pterano flew off in the distance. "This place must've knocked some sense into him." He chuckled, only to get cut off when his father slapped him, knocking him against a tree, leaving scratch marks on his face.

"Snap out of it, will ya? Pterano's not our friend, he's our enemy!" Sierra snapped, clenching his fists. "You remember the routine."

Devon looked down disappointingly. "Oh that..."

"Those brats should be here in a few days" Sierra reminded. "and then you're to lead them to a pack of Sharptooth." He picked up a pointy rock and grasped it. "and I will take care of that Pterano."

Devon gasped in horror. Sierra pulled his son to his feet, putting an arm around him. "We do this, and my revenge will be complete and you will have your freedom." Devon gasped again, not knowing what to do.

"Just tell me where that Pterano lives and I'll deal with him tomorrow."

Devon's heart pounded in his chest, pondering over what to do. If he did tell Sierra, he'd be free, but if he didn't...well...let's just say he won't live to see another day. He sighed. He really didn't wanna do this...

"He went to his cave...to do a little thinking."

Sierra switched to the other side of Devon."Oh, and where is that, my dear boy...?"

That night, Pterano stood at the opening of his cave, watching as the stars twinkled in the night sky. The stars looked exactly like they did the night he was banished. Even the Night Circle didn't look that much different either.

Pterano snapped out of his thoughts when he spotted something in the corner of his eye: a blue flying rock, similar to the so called "Stone of Cold Fire" he and his henchmen had gone after five years earlier. He sure wasn't going to go there again. He couldn't help but chuckle as a small smile appeared on his face. He closed his eyes, tilting his head back as a warm breeze went through his wings.

He opened his eyes before yawning, noticing he was getting sleepy. So he headed into the cave and rested for the night, not even noticing the storm forming in the distance...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Whew, a lot of typing...

Well now, I hope you've enjoyed this extremely long chappie. G'night every one!

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm liking it. Pterano longing to get back to his friends and loved one is very touching.

I do have a little question though. Is Chomper and Ruby in the Great Valley at this point? I know it sounds selfish of me, but I think it'd be fun to read about a little encounter between Chomper and Pterano. :lol
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Apr 14 2011 on  09:30 PM
I'm liking it. Pterano longing to get back to his friends and loved one is very touching.

I do have a little question though. Is Chomper and Ruby in the Great Valley at this point? I know it sounds selfish of me, but I think it'd be fun to read about a little encounter between Chomper and Pterano. :lol
Wow! that was fast. Oh and yes, Ruby and Chomper are indeed in the Great Valley and yes they appear in later chapters. YAY!!!

I'm glad you liked it. I enjoyed typing it, even thought it took me up to four hours!!!

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Finally! Here's Chapter Two every one. Warning: It contains extreme epicness!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thunderstorm

Thunder cracked as a lightning bolt flashed in the sky for no more than a quarter of a second. This caused Pterano to wake up from his peaceful sleep, heart pounding in his chest.

It took him a few seconds to yawn and stretch, before he stood up on his feet. He walked to the opening. "Quite stormy out this morning," he muttered to himself. "But it could be worse." With that, he took off to the skies.

For about a half an hour, he searched for fish, only to land on a tree branch empty-handed. "No fish today," he told himself, jumping to the ground and taking a tree star and observed it. "Oh well..." He stuffed the tree star in his mouth, taking in the minty flavor.

He swallowed and sighed; I should visit Devon today. He was just about to take another tree star when...

"Kind of early for a stroll, eh Pterano?"

Pternano nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden comment, for he knew that Texan accent anywhere: Sierra.

The brown flyer landed in front of him, smirking evilly. "Did I startle you, Pterano?"

Pterano growled in annoyance. Why was he here? "What do you want, Sierra."

"You're still as feisty as ever, Pterano. You haven't changed a bit."

"And you're still the same old ignorant dumb nut you were when we went after that stone." Pterano snapped.

"It's too bad yer stuck here, Pterano." Sierra grabbed a red tree sweet from the tree he's leaning on. "We could have made a great team, going after revenge and all."

"What do you mean?" the old flyer asked, keeping his guard up for he knew, without Rinkus around, Sierra could lung at him any time.

"I'm sick of those whiny brats, jumping over me like a frog!" Sierra crushed tree sweet in his hands.

Pterano thought for a moment, trying to figure out what Sierra was babbling about. He thought back to when he, Rinkus and Sierra were heading for the stone. He thought about that threatening statement Sierra had made about the children. "The first thing I'm gonna do when we reach the stone is feed them overgrown eggs to the Sharpteeth!" Pterano clenched his fists in anger; those "whiny brats" happen to be my nephew and his friends.

"You leave those poor children alone!" Pterano snapped as it took every ounce of his energy not to slap the heck out of Sierra.

"Oh, someone's getting mad," the brown flyer taunted. "I wonder how Devon would feel if your anger would be the last emotion you would ever feel."

"How do you know about Devon?"

"Glad you asked. Devon is my son and he told me all about you and where you live. He's the reason why I'm here right now."

Pterano's look softened in disbelief. He couldn't believe that, even after all they've been through, that Devon would betray him behind his back like that. But then again, that would explain the hint of nervousness he noticed in Devon's eyes when he talked to him. It was like talking to a suspect.

"But perhaps it isn't his fault," Sierra continued. "He didn't really have much of a choice. I would've killed him if he didn't."

That does it! Pterano finally let his anger out when he punched Sierra, harder than he had ever punched anyone in his life, leaving a scratch mark on his face. "You're going to have to fight me before I let you harm Devon or the kids!"

"So be it then." Sierra got up on his feet and took off to the skies while Pterano, right after, fallowed suit.

Just then, Pterano was knocked out of the skies when a flexible tree branch smacked him upside the head, sending him back a good twenty feet.

Pterano quickly gained balance and lunged at his once-comrade, who blocked his blow and punched the red flyer until he had him pinned against a tree. Sierra reached up, preparing to grab Pterano's throat.

For a split second, Pterano thought of the possibilities of what brutal things Sierra can do with that hand of his. If he can strangle Pterano, there's no telling of what he could do to the kids and Devon. This is why Pterano had to protect those kids, Devon and most of all, Petrie.

Before Sierra could do anything else, Pterano reached up and grabbed his hand, pulling himself free from his grasp. He remembered the way he and Rinkus grabbed him like that several cold times ago.

"Stop this at once! Get a grip, will you?"

"Hey, dun mind if we do!"

Pterano opened his eyes and all of a sudden, a burst of energy had hit him, like he literally had the strength to lift up to ten grown up longnecks with his own body weight. "Don't mind if I do," he quoted darkly. With that, he punched Sierra in the face with full force, knocking him backwards.

The red flyer didn't hesitate one second before flying after Sierra, punching him in the same places he had punched Pterano. He gave one last punch and kicked the brown flyer into a tree before flying after him. "Had enough?"

Pterano's fun ended when a pointy rock was jammed into his shoulder, he screamed in pain. "Nope, the party's just begun!" With that, Sierra kicked his once comrade leader off of him and used this advantage to hammer head punch him into the Big Water below them. Sierra chuckled evilly. "Age has weakened you, old flyer."

And just like that, Pterano blasted out of the water with full force, knocking the wits out of Sierra. "Age comes with will."

Pterano was right on his tail when a lightning bolt struck in between them, sending them both to the stone cold ground with hard impact. Pterano weakly got up on his feet, clutching his stomach in pain.

"PTERANO, LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!!!"

Shocked by the sudden outburst, Pterano turned his head in the direction it came from to see a familiar blue flyer flying towards him at full speed. "Devon-AHHH!!!!!" he screamed in sharp pain ran straight through his back, sinking onto his knees. Sierra pulled out the bloody rock, chuckling evilly.

"NOOO!!!!!" Devon shouted, trying to fly faster.

"I knew you couldn't beat me." Sierra, ignoring his son's cries, whispered darkly in Pterano's ear before using his foot to push the red flyer to the ground. He held up the bloody stone to give the final blow...

Only to get rammed into by Devon.

"I won't let you hurt him any farther!" Devon shouted, landing in front of the wounded flyer.

Sierra was about to snap back but then he smirked evilly. "Ah, he's gonna die anyway." he chuckled, dropping the stone. "Thanks for your help, Devon. I couldn't have done it without you." With that, he took off, leaving Devon with Pterano.

Devon kneeled by his dear friend, tears springing from his eyes. "I'm sorry, Pterano. I'm so sorry..."

The older flyer lifted his head. "Devon..." he whispered. "He would have killed you..." he groaned in serious pain. "...if you didn't..."

"UNCLE PTERANO!!!!!!!!"

Devon looked up to see a small flyer rushing to the wounded flyer's side, fallowed by a longneck, spiketail, threehorn, swimmer, fast-runner and a small sharptooth. "I'll go get help!" With that, he took to the skies, leaving the small flyer and his friends with Pterano.

The wounded flyer opened his eyes weakly. "Petrie..."

"I'm here, Uncle..."Petrie replied as he held his dear uncle's hand gently, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Pterano smiled lovingly at his nephew that he hasn't seen in so long as he protectively gripped his small hand, whispering these words for the first and probably the last time.

"I love you...my son..."

No sooner than this, Petrie felt his hand loosen as he heard a quiet sigh coming from the dying flyer. "Uncle?...Uncle Pterano?..."he whimpered, desperately hoping for an answer. "...Dad?..." The young flyer buried his face into Pterano's shoulder, crying his heart out as thought he had never cried before in his life...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Aww...poor Petrie...

Yeah, this is kind of like "Fight to the Death" except it has a longer ending and it's not humanized. So I hope you've all enjoyed the epicness of this chapter. It took me nearly all night to write. Whew!

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I noticed you ninja-edited in the second half of the previous chapter :p

This latest chapter and that previous on were both really good. I really have no idea where the story is going to go from here, and that's exciting to me. I don't even really know if Pterano is truly dead or not. (I hope not :cry )

Keep writing it, it's good.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes, this story is great! I really like it! There's plenty of action and suspense here.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and HOPE Pterano isn't dead. (I do cry at the thought of Pterano dying, no kidding...the tears start coming out right when the thought hits me :cry ...)

I'm glad you had Devon fly in to the rescue and stop that dirty, nasty, mean Sierra from pounding Pterano to death with that bloody rock. And then you brought Petrie in, along with Littlefoot and the gang.

This is getting good.

I really like Devon, now.  :) What a nice, thoughtful and caring cearadactylus he is. He saved Pterano from certain death! He REALLY loves and cares for him.  :D *I find that VERY heartwarming!*

I enjoyed chapter 2. Keep up the great work, trulyfantasticme! I love this story!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I agree completely! This is awesome!

Seriously, I hope Pterano ISN'T dead, he's much too cool for death, heh heh. Devon right now is on my list of good flyers for saving Pterano from certain death, I like him. Please keep this story going trulyfantasticme!  :yes

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Oh you guys. You're making me blush! ANYWAY!!!!

Here's da next chappie!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Aftermath

Devon searched the skies, desperately looking for any dinosaur of any species that can help his dear friend. He would look here and there, only to see nothing but the trees and the ground below him. It remained that way for nearly a half an hour until he spotted something out of the corner of his eye...

Something that seemed to be a mysterious spiketail lurking in the woods. He smiled with hope and faith as he dove down to approach this mysterious spiketail.

----------

The gang, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Spike, Petrie, Ruby and Chomper sat in silence around the wounded flyer, pretty sure he was dead. Ducky sat next to Pterano's wing, holding Petrie as he cried silently. "Why did this have to happen?" Petrie asked out loud. "He was perfectly fine when he was banished."

No body said a word, not even Cera. Usually she would bash out on his uncle but now since Petrie was in deep emotional pain, she didn't bother doing so. It would hurt Petrie too much. Ducky pulled him closer, rubbing his shoulders comfortingly.

The silence was broken when rattling on the ground took place, causing every one to stumble on their feet. "Earthshake!" Petrie shouted.

A couple of trees were knocked down to the ground, revealing a grown up spiketail and a blue flyer. "Where's the victim?" the spiketail spoke in a booming voice. Petrie and Ducky moved so the spiketail could see what had happened.

The spiketail hung his head over Pterano's neck, checking his pulse. "He's not dead."

A hopeful smile appeared through the tears on Petries face. "He not?"

"No," he turned his head towards the young flyer. "however, if he doesn't get help soon, he will be." The spiketail then turned his head towards Devon, who was stroking the wounded flyer's back comfortingly, avoiding the wound. Pterano groaned silently in pain.

"Hey, blue flyer!" the spiketail commanded, causing Devon to look up at him. "Take the victim and place him upon my back and I'll take you all to a safer place than here."

Petrie broke out of Ducky's embrace and hugged the older spiketail's neck tightly. "Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you SO MUCH!!!"

By now, Devon already had Pterano in his arms as he carried him to the spiketail's back. He gently placed the older flyer on the lumpy surface.

The spiketail turned to Littlefoot and Cera. "You, longneck and threehorn! we're gonna need lot's of treestars if he's going to get better."

"I have a name, ya know." Cera told the older spiketail, only to earn an angry glare from Littlefoot.

"Cera, this isn't the time!" he scolded before turning his head to the spiketail.

"As I was saying," he continued. "I want you two to collect as many treestars as you can on the way."

"Yes sir." Littlefoot nodded.

Devon gazed at his wounded friend worriedly, hoping, praying that Pterano would be okay. He watched as Pterano opened up his dark blue eyes, focusing his energy on Devon. The red flyer reached out his hand and Devon gripped it tightly, rubbing it comfortingly. "You're gonna be a good as new, Pterano," he whispered. "Just hang in there."

Pterano smiled weakly but lovingly at the blue flyer before he slipped back into unconscious allowing his hand to go limp in Devon's. The father son moment was interrupted when the spiketail turned his head towards Devon. "Blue Flyer, you are to take to the sky to be sure the coast is clear."

Devon nodded before turning his worried gaze back to Pterano. "He'll be alright." the spiketail spoke in such a voice so gentle it caught Devon off guard. The blue flyer gave him a small smile before spreading his wings and taking off.

"Let's go!" The spiketail commanded. Without another word, he lead the children to his "safe" spot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for the feedback everyone! Especially you, Vonboy, thanks for being the first to comment on my story. You have know idea how much that means to me.

Sorry if this chapter is extremely short. Hopefully the next one will be longer.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This one is shorter, but I guess that can't be helped. Theres only so much you can say about trying to pick up and move Pterano.

I don't know what your going to do, but I wonder if the Gang will try to get Pterano in the Great Valley early, so he can be somewhere very safe to heal up. How long is this story going to be?
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This chapter was a bit short but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Good Chapter, heh, thank goodness Pterano isn't dead. And just who could this Spiketail be? I wonder if he's important to the plot? Hm... Anyways, update soon!

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
btw, guys, just so you know, I can only post my stories on wed. thur. fri.s. because my mom is on the computer most of the time and she works wed thur. and fri. nights. so ch. 4 most likely wont be posted til wednesday.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
But then again, maybe not. Here's chapter four. But it just might not be the whole chapter though. Warning: it does get very sad. I think sadder than the chapter two.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's All Hope For the Best

With Pterano on his back, the spiketail led the children into a dark cave, which oddly looked familiar to the children, especially Littlefoot. "We should be safe here," the spiketail announced. "There hasn't been a sharptooth in here since a few of them claimed they heard strange noises in here."

Just as Littlefoot had thought. "I wonder why..."he stated in a sarcastic tone.

The spiketail turned to the young longneck in shock and disbelief. "You?"

"All of us!" Ducky explained proudly. "We were in the Cave of Many Voices!"

"Well, I must say for young ones like you," the spiketail told them, quite impressed to hear that these were the ones making the noises that scared the heck out of those sharpteeth that afternoon. "You're quite the adventurers."

Petrie frowned, remembering that his uncle had once told him that.

*Flashback*

"Wow Uncle," a younger Petrie exclaimed as he landed on a rock next to Pterano. "You sure lead exciting life!"

"High praise indeed coming from you," Pterano returned, placing a hand on Petrie's tiny shoulders. "I understand that you're quite the adventurer yourself."

Petrie sighed deeply. "Please hang in there."

"Thanks...umm..."Ducky told the spiketail, trying to figure out what to call him.

"Call me Joe." the spiketail told her.

"Oh, umm...thank you, Joe." Ducky replied, trying out the name.

"You're welcome," his gaze turned to the hurt flyer on his back. "Littlefoot, we're gonna need those treestars right about now."

As if on cue, Devon landed at the opening. "Is the coast clear?"

"Yes sir." Devon returned.

"Good," With that, Joe moved his head to the right, signaling the blue flyer.

Devon, knowing what that meant, took the red flyer in his arms. "Just place him on his stomach. That way, we can cover the wound on his back."

With the help of Petrie, Devon placed Pterano on the ground, placing a hand on the wounded flyer's forehead. Joe nodded at Littlefoot and Cera, who knowing what that meant, rushed to Pterano's side, covering his wounds. "Cera, I need you to press the treestars as hard as you can." Joe told the young threehorn. "It'll help stop the bleeding."

Cera nodded, doing exactly what she was told. This caused Pterano to groan really loud, nearly screaming in pain. She stopped for a moment, wondering if she was making his wound worse. "Keep going." Joe calmly told her. She did, only to earn more whimpers and groans from the older flyer.

Petrie couldn't take it any more as he rushed into Ducky's arms, burying his face into her shoulder. He couldn't stand to see his beloved uncle so weak, so defenseless and in so much pain. It hurt him too much. Ducky pulled him closer as he broke down crying.

That night, everyone was fast asleep except Devon. He just sat there next to the wounded flyer, doing whatever he could to comfort him. Tears sprang in his eyes. He hated seeing him like this, it hurt him too much. This was the same flyer, who had taken him in when nobody else would, held him when he needed to be held, risked his life to protect him and the children. He was his best friend, a better friend than he could ever imagine. Pterano wasn't like his mean old father. He was kind and caring and understanding, everything his father wasn't. He practically loved the older flyer with all of his heart and he just couldn't believe that there was a high chance that Pterano would be gone from his life forever. "I'm so sorry, Pterano..."

The pressure was just about to take its toll on him when...

"Devon?"

The blue flyer wasted no time to rush to the wounded flyer's side. "I'm here, Pterano."

"Devon," Pterano spoke weakly. "You cannot blame yourself for this."

"But why? I betrayed you!" Devon exclaimed, tears falling freely. "I'm the one who turned you in in the first place!"

"And if you didn't, he would've killed you." Devon hung his head in defeat. "Devon, look at me." The blue flyer did so as the Pterano lifted his wing. "Come here."

Devon lied himself beside him, allowing the old flyer to cover him protectively with his wing. Devon nuzzled him as Pterano pulled him closer. "If I don't make it out of this, I need you to promise me something."

"Anything, Pterano."

"Promise me...that whatever happens to me, you won't go around blaming yourself for it. I don't want you putting yourself down because of me."

"But-"

"Promise me, Devon."

Devon hesitated for a second. "I promise."

Pterano gave him a weak but a loving fatherly smile, tightening his arm around the young flyer, pulling him closer to his side. "That's my boy." Devon nuzzled his shoulder in response, tears streaming down his face. Pterano rested his beak on his, wiping away his tears. "I love you, Devon. You have made me so proud, not even words can describe it. I couldn't have asked for a better son. You have such a good heart, listen to it. It'll help guide you through the rough times."

Devon felt Pterano's arm around him loosen as he could hear a quiet sigh coming from the wounded flyer. He freaked out at first, thinking he was dead. He relaxed when he realized the old flyer was still breathing. But that didn't cease the worrying. He buried his face into his shoulder, sobbing uncontrollably for the flyer who he desperately wished his father.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Man that was so sad to write. Poor Devon. He really loves Pterano.

I know what I said before but my mum was nice enough to let me have the computer for today. She is now watching Harry Potter. Thanks mum!

Enjoy.