The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite Sequel

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
It's been a while since we had one of these and since then we've gotten a few new members since last time. Let's see what the general opinion is.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
At first, I was going to pick 5, just because Chomper was in it, but he made up such a small part of the movie. He was only in the last third or so of it, and I really didn't like the first half of the movie. This is the same way with 2. I loved the second half with Chomper in it, but the first half wasn't that great.

I finally decided on 7. It had Pterano in it (Probably my second or third favorite character now. some Pterano fans on here have helped me see the light. :lol ) He's a great tragic hero, and so complicated and intricate. I also loved the mysterious rainbowfaces in it. Some people hated them, because they didn't like the idea of aliens in LBT, but it sounded like a great idea to me. It was handled very well in the way the rainbowfaces never really revealed anything about themselves, and I loved the talk they had at the end with Littlefoot (It's why I did a talk like that when they came up in my fanfiction :DD ).

So yeah, I think 7 was the best sequel.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Simple. LBT 2.

It was one of my favorites when I was little and the only LBT sequel I remembered the most.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Had to go with three.

I dunno, I just haven't seen it for a long time, I just got it yesterday actually, and I was excited about watching it today. Eh, good songs and a good story, so my vote went for LBT three.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Since I had the opportunity, I voted for several:

7- Another one that just seemed to work. The story was cool, the settings and drama were pretty good, and of course, a cast of celeb-voices! Pterano was a great character too, and is probably my favourite of the new characters from the sequels. It was obvious that Michael York had a fun time voicing him.
Only downsides were the twist ending, which neat as it was, just seem ridiculous (coming form me, that's saying something.), and "Good Inside", the damp squib among otherwise pretty good songs.

8- It just seemed to work. The animation was lovely, the score music was nice, it was the first movie where I considered all the songs listenable (Yes, I honestly think that "The Lesson" isn't that bad, so kill me.), and the plot was well thought out, and didn't have to rely on mystical elements like the previous 2 (Though it was well done in both cases)

9- I just think this one was nice. That's it. It wasn't particularly fun, it wsn't really dramatic or epic or funny, it was just nice. The whole thing smacked of schmalz! The settings, the plot, the new characters. heck, the only thing I find wrong about this film is the "Imaginary Friend" song which is now probably an easy contender for the worst LBT song in my opinion (I've finally seen number 13, and "Yellow Belly Bounce", as silly and pointless as it may be, is ridiculously toe-tappingly catchy)

10- I just love this one. The animation was lovely as usual, the settings were awesome, and the SFX were pretty cool too, except for the conspicuous CG moments. The plot was pretty cool, and the ending was awesome. We had a climatic mass-battle (4 longnecks vs 3 big sharpteeth), a dramatic aversion of disaster, and then to top it all off, probably one of the best musical numbers of the series. That ending always gets a tear out of me every time!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
So far 7 seems to be the pick of the litter.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

BigMouth

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://huntingthepast.blogspot.com/
I can say my favorite sequels so far are II,IV, and V.  However, I haven't gotten a chance to watch the rest of the movies past 5 yet.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
So far only 6, 11, and 13 don't have a vote. And 7 is still ahead but not by as much. Very interesting.

Bruton the Iguanodon

I like 4 a lot! It was the one I grew up with, the first one I saw fully (the only one for years I saw fully) and it has Ali in it! I love Ali :) I really love 2 as well.  :D

But my favorite...? That would be movie 3. I love that one!!! :smile

At first, I was going to pick 5, just because Chomper was in it, but he made up such a small part of the movie. He was only in the last third or so of it, and I really didn't like the first half of the movie.

Suit yourself, but for reasons I've given in a seperate topic, I think the first half of 5 is the better by far. I can't understand why you'd think the second half was better when the first was darker, had better songs, was far more interesting,  wheras I thought the second was mostly dumb and kiddish; which was very sad, in my opinion, since it started out a good film. I consider the first half superior in every way, but if you honestly like the second half better, then I completely respect it, so don't let anyone persuade you otherwise.  ;)

"Good Inside", the damp squib among otherwise pretty good songs [of 7].

"Good Inside" isn't a terrible song, in my opinion. It isn't the best song we've ever gotten, but it was very sweet and touching, and had a good message---we're not all entirely bad and not all entirely good. As Sirius Black explains in the Harry Potter seires, "The world isn't split up between good people and death eaters!" It's really much like "It Takes all sorts", although I like that one a lot more.  ;)

I personally consider "Friends for dinner" the damp squid among the otherwise good songs in 5!  :smile

Bruton the Iguanodon

At first, I was going to pick 5, just because Chomper was in it, but he made up such a small part of the movie. He was only in the last third or so of it, and I really didn't like the first half of the movie.

Can you at least explain why?

rKrizik

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I cat my vote in for #7: The Stone of Cold Fire.
Ever since I first saw it it's pretty much been my favorite LBT sequel. And it's not all because of Pterano, either (he's always been a favorite character of mine ever since the 7th movie came out.) I can't quite put into words how the whole movie - the plot and the characters, even a few of the songs - tie in very nicely together in my opinion.
I'll start with the obvious - I'm rather charmed by the fact that a complex relative of Petrie's finally makes an introduction. Up until the 7th movie, as far as I know, we've only seen Petrie's mom and his siblings. I'm glad they introduced a relative of his that's more involved in the story, and what's more is that Pterano seemed to me to be a very 'human' character. He seems neither completely bad, nor completely good. He has faults, he makes mistakes, he has a conscience and can feel guilt.
So can the other characters, of course, but Pterano, more than anyone else, stood out as a LBT character who was more faulted than the others and who also seemed to struggle trying to live with these faults, and even either being unaware of them or being in denial of them.
And, as much as a lot of people didn't seem to like this, the Rainbow Faces also struck me in a funny, amusing way. =) I wasn't at all sure what to make of them, especially at the end of the movie, but they were a very different touch to the LBT universe.
I guess if I were to sum it up, I love the character development in the 7th movie, and I like the idea that a person who has done wrong can repent and make peace with those around them. It's the characters I really enjoyed from the 7th movie. =)

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I won't bother voting because I enjoy them all except for VI, XI, and XIII

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: rKrizik,Mar 12 2012 on  12:13 AM
I cat my vote in for #7: The Stone of Cold Fire.
Ever since I first saw it it's pretty much been my favorite LBT sequel. And it's not all because of Pterano, either (he's always been a favorite character of mine ever since the 7th movie came out.) I can't quite put into words how the whole movie - the plot and the characters, even a few of the songs - tie in very nicely together in my opinion.
I'll start with the obvious - I'm rather charmed by the fact that a complex relative of Petrie's finally makes an introduction. Up until the 7th movie, as far as I know, we've only seen Petrie's mom and his siblings. I'm glad they introduced a relative of his that's more involved in the story, and what's more is that Pterano seemed to me to be a very 'human' character. He seems neither completely bad, nor completely good. He has faults, he makes mistakes, he has a conscience and can feel guilt.
So can the other characters, of course, but Pterano, more than anyone else, stood out as a LBT character who was more faulted than the others and who also seemed to struggle trying to live with these faults, and even either being unaware of them or being in denial of them.
And, as much as a lot of people didn't seem to like this, the Rainbow Faces also struck me in a funny, amusing way. =) I wasn't at all sure what to make of them, especially at the end of the movie, but they were a very different touch to the LBT universe.
I guess if I were to sum it up, I love the character development in the 7th movie, and I like the idea that a person who has done wrong can repent and make peace with those around them. It's the characters I really enjoyed from the 7th movie. =)
Here here!

And while I did have a bit of a qualm with the Rainbow Faces being aliens, I have no convinced myself that they are the Doctor and a Companion, and the Stone of Cold Fire is the TARDIS (which is a "miracle" machine to simple creatures). It just somehow got a beaming-up feature. And its explosion was just part of the Chameleon Circuit.

And now, I need to write a comedy short in which Pterano discovers all of this and struggles with wrapping his mind around it, plus Troll!Doctor

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My favorite sequel was 10. The reasons were because the kids and adults finally have their roles back to normal, and not the kids doing everything, while the adults just argue, the adults actually do the work in this. Another was Littlefoot's father Bron, I don't care what other people think, but I personally think he's a good character. Plus, while the sharpteeth didn't gang up on the Longnecks in the fight, I think it was personally done because they wanted a cool battle, not just one longneck getting torn apart if they ganged up on one. In the sharpteeth's defense, they may have not ganged up at once because they may not have been in a pack, and just wanted food for themselves, though the green one tried to gang up with the orange one on Bron, and when Grandpa Longneck attacked the green one, the sharptooth attacked him out of self defense. The only thing I didn't like about the sequel was Shorty, in my opinion he didn't contribute at all.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'd have to go with Seven, because mainly because the theme about discovery and the mysterious beyond. Also, the music was great, and the story engaging :)

But I like all of them :cry lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's hard for me to pick just one.  I like some more then others and some I like bits of them even if I don't like the whole.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My favorite is definitely 10. Lots of things in the movie related to the first movie and its characters, and using Olivia Newton-John and Kiefer Sutherland in the voice cast? BRILLIANT! I also enjoyed the music. Much of the soundtrack was original, and "Best of Friends" (the credits version) was really good. I personally think they could have found a better voice actor for Littlefoot, but you can't win 'em all! The Sharptooth fight was one of the more interesting ones as well, and my little siblings enjoyed the heck out of watching Cera drop the giant log on the Sarcosuchus.  :DD

Tikikata

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.strawberrytiki.net
Voted for 4 and 2! =)
My first Land Before Time was 2, but my all-time favorite is 4!