The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Continuing Saga

Pterano · 535 · 56056

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
As the farwalker herd passed through the Valley, Tero glanced furtively about, before breaking from the column and fluttering off. he needed to get a good look around the Valley before nightfall, and he'd never get it stumping along with these landwalkers.
He glided high above the watering holes and the fast water, taking everything in. After a good look at eveerything, he glided down to the ground for a rest, but a suden gust of wind caught him off balance and sent him tumbling down to earth, crest over tail, until he landed flat out on the ground

As he opened his eyes, he found that he had landed at the feet of an enormous old longneck, who had been speaking with a young threehorn.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper, feeling bold this time, decided to come up to the old flyer to greet him.

"Hello sir! My name is Chomper! What's yours?"

He always tried to speak that way to adults. Sometimes he noticed dinosaurs in the valley would give him that stare. Even after being in the Great Valley for several years now, some still chose to not trust him. He didn't really like it, but he did kind of understand it. He was a sharptooth, after all.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Harper noticed the pause of memory search on her uncle's part, but found it funny kinda. She just smiled. She didn't feel Pterano was just being nice to her with his words either, but seemed to mean them and even that little bit cause a spurt of happiness inside herself too.

There was something...different, she was noticing it already, in just the way Pterano was acting, something she instantly found she liked.

"Ok" Ridge nodded as Pterano said he didn't have to be so formal.

Of course Harper had to be her mother's little advoacter, of a sort, always believing the best in her parent she had left. "Yeah...and don't worry, no matter what she says, I know mom will be glad to have you back too" Harper said with a smile. "I can read how she acts like that".

With another giggle, her slight unsureness broke and she flapped over to hug Pterano's wing, smiling up at him.

Ducky hadn't been sure what to add that the others hadn't, but noticed as Chomper came over to introduce himself and smiled, hoping it would go well and ready to step in and point out some good points of Chompers if Petrie's uncle freaked out any.

~~~~

"Uh...yeah" was Cera's agreeal to all Grandpa Longneck said. "I...I don't want to hurt anyone, and especially not Petrie, so, that's sort of why I'm telling you and not my dad. He'll blow. I'm sure you noticed the rock" she indicated with her eyes up to the sky, "but I also heard one of the farwalking flyers mention that someone we know is with the farwalkers...Petrie's uncle, Pterano".

Cera thought about mentioning that the flyer had said he was going to tell Pterano about the rock, but that seemed to cross the line. Both facts were known to Grandpa Longneck anyway and didn't need to be put together like that without proof.

"I...I know he's done his time and is allowed back, but I just figured...someone should know, and probably not my dad first" again the little threehorn was honest with her statements.

She wasn't sure what to say now, but was distracted as a flyer all but blew in. Cera took a step or two back. "Uh, it wasn't that one" she informed in case Grandpa Longneck was curious before looking to the flyer again.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pterano paused as he gazed upon the young sharptooth. It was the same one he had seen before. The one who looked friendly, but nevertheless was still a sharptooth. His eyes went wide to hear him speaking in leaf eater again. So he HAD heard correctly.

"Um..." and it was named CHOMPER? Wasn't that a bit... obvious? "So... a sharptooth that calls the Great Valley home, are you?" he asked a bit hesitantly.

"It's OK, Pterano! He's really a great guy! In fact, he might be the nicest out of our entire group, and if not, he's definitely in direct competition with Ducky for that title!" Littlefoot cut in, looking over at Chomper a bit proudly, and giving the nearby swimmer a wink.

"Really?" Pterano asked, holding himself in some amazement. "I see... well then, Chomper, if... Littlefoot says it, it must be true, though it's hard to believe my eyes, as I'm sure you can understand. The Mysterious Beyond is full of rather vicious sharpteeth that would no sooner hesitate to eat you than they would any other. But there's... something about your eyes that is strangely comforting." the flyer stated. It was most certainly difficult for him to accept as it was, but upon closer inspection, Chomper did indeed have a sort of friendliness evident in his gaze, and those round eyes were filled with an odd sort of innocence that you just didn't see in other sharpteeth.

"My name, as you probably heard, is Pterano. I am Petrie's uncle, though I haven't been around much. I have finally returned after many long seasons of wandering, hoping to finally find a place to call home here, in this valley." he explained, though didn't brush on why he had been wandering in the first place.

Pterano shifted his attention to his niece now, and chuckled a little at her mention that his sister would be happy to have him back. It was indescribable. It was like the sun bursting out to pour its warming rays over varying shades of green below it. His sister had been one of the ones he'd been worried the most about. "You don't know how relieved and happy your words make me feel, Harper." Pterano stated, giving her a wide smile. "I must admit, my family had me the most worried in terms of my return but... oh!" he exclaimed as she flew over and hugged his wing.

The old flyer moved his free hand down to pat her a few times on the back. "Ahhh you've got quite the big heart, Harper. Thank you very much for your kind welcome to an old member of your family."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What!?" Grandpa asked, suddenly feeling his legs getting weak. "Pterano?" he asked, his mouth getting dry as he spoke. "I see... so he HAS returned." It had been half a year since the last cold time had passed. Pterano was due back then, but as he had not shown up for three more seasons, the old longneck had been hoping that perhaps Pterano would not return after all. It wasn't as if Grandpa Longneck despised Pterano, but he was still wary of the flyer, and knew that as his exile was up, he might be arriving any day. He just hadn't expected it to be TODAY. He had of course seen the flying rock as well, and hoped that that wasn't the reason Pterano had come. It did seem like a rather suspicious coincidence after all.

Nodding now, he gave her a serious look. "You are right about your father. I will not speak ill of him, but I understand why you decided to come to me first. The others must be told of this, of course. It's only right that they should know of his return, and I think you did the right thing in coming to one of us first before..."

Grandpa Longneck was interrupted in his conversation with the young threehorn by the crashing of Tero, who landed right at his feet. Grandpa backed up a little, surprised at first.

"My word!" he exclaimed, upon realizing it was only a flyer. "Why... are you alright?" he asked, looking down by stooping his neck a little. It was a pteranodon, but fortunately from the looks of it, it was not Pterano.  

He noticed the horribly twisted leg as well, and only hoped that the flyer hadn't gotten that from the fall, but as he wasn't screaming in pain, it seemed unlikely that this was the case, much to old one's relief.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Devon chuckled as he watched his friend slap himself upside the head. "Nice to meet you, Petrie." he said, holding out a hand.

"Hi Devon. Do you come here often?" he teased, shaking the blue flyer's hand. "So how have you two met?"

"Well..." Devon drifted off, trying to figure out what to tell Petrie. He didn't want to go into too much detail. "Let's just say that if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be who I am now, kid." he chuckled, but then he smiled at the red flyer hugging his niece.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Truth be told, Tero was in pretty big pain. But he shook it off and tried to stand up. He staggered a few seconds and sat back down. He must have hit the ground harder than he thought, because his head was positively spinning!
Rubbing his aching crest, he looked up at the old longneck at whose feet he landed. He nodded in acknowledgement at the dinosaur.

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, you seem like a very nice flyer. Must be, If Petrie and Harper are this fond of you" Chomper said.

-------------------------------

An old threehorn, looking for his troublesome little daughter, walked up to her, Grandpa Longneck, and the strange flyer.

"Cera! I've been looking for you all night! It's about time you head back to the nest." Mr. Threehorn said.
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Er... yes!" Pterano said, quickly agreeing with Devon. "You see, I met him a few cold times ago now, out in the Mysterious Beyond. We've traveled together quite a bit you see, and we've grown pretty used to each others' company." he explained.

"I... like to think I am." Pterano next said in response to Chomper's statement. "At least, I try to be."

"Hey, why don't we all go into the Great Valley proper? This is just the front entrance." Littlefoot said with a chuckle.

"Ah... yes of course. We probably should. I'd like to see my sister, after all. She should be the first one who learns about my return." he began walking with them along the course of the farwalkers.

"Did you see that flying rock?" Littlefoot asked, unable to hold himself back.

Pterano gave a nod. "Yes... I most certainly did."

"It looked SO much like the Stone of Cold Fire! I just couldn't believe it! And on the night of your return, too!"

"Yes... I know. Rather large coincidence I'd say. Oh, are your grandparents still in good health?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Yeah. They're doing well. Getting older, but still hanging on."

"Very good. Very good." Pterano nodded. "Speaking of which... where is old Theehorn's daughter? I thought she was inseparable from your gang." the flyer commented.

"Oh uh... I'm not too sure. Did any of you guys see her?" Littlefoot asked, looking around. "Chomper, did you manage to get her scent at all from before?" he asked, a little concerned now by the fact that yes, the only member of their gang missing was in fact, Cera. Most unusual, but a good observation on Pterano's part all the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grandpa Longneck watched the young flyer attempt to steady himself, but totter shakily as he did so. It seemed as if he wasn't quite up to par yet. Unfortunately, since Tero couldn't speak, the longneck did not know the extent of the pain that the flyer felt, and only assumed he was OK based on lack of vocalization.

"Well that's good. You took quite the fall." he told him, looking up at the tree. "If you need any assistance, please let me know... oh! Hello there, Mr. Threehorn." he said as he saw Cera's father approaching.

"Mr. Threehorn," Grandpa continued. "I have something to tell you that you should probably hear. It concerns the arrival of the farwalkers." he paused a moment, making sure that Topsy was paying attention. "It seems as if, according to your daughter at least, Pterano has returned with them. His exile is up but... I figured I would break the news to you after I took your daughter home, but as it turns out, here you are." he said, giving the threehorn a smile.

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Humpth! That old flyer is here!?"

Topsy was kind of taken back from the revelation. He knew that Pterano's exile was over, but he hoped that the infamous old flyer wouldn't return. He didn't want to have anything to do with Pterano. He still held the grief of his dear mate and children, who were killed when they foolishly followed the crazed flyer all those years ago.

"I'm SURE you're having a meeting about this tomorrow, right?"
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
(vonboy, did you get that idea from me? :lol )

Petrie, not paying any attention to what his uncle was saying and too caught up in Devon's story, he perched himself on Devon's shoulder. "So you two have known eachother for long time?"

"Yeah, I've known him since I was sixteen." Devon laughed lightly. "Oh, I was a dumb kid back then."

"What happen?"

Devon sighed, not wanting to give Petrie full details, but he thought Petrie at least deserved a straightforward answer. Petrie was Pterano's nephew after all. "He saved me from a sharptooth once."

Petrie, filled with happiness and clear admiration turned to his uncle. "Did you really? That's so cool! How'd you do it?" he said, perching himself back on Pterano's shoulders.

(I'm not doing too well on Petrie's speech am I?  :lol But I'm trying my best and like I said, dont get mad at those who try. :p)
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Harper just smiled back, glad she could help as Pterano had said she did.

Ridge smiled as Chomper, who he'd of course become aware of long before and really hadn't even freaked out as much as had been expected, stated that if Petrie and Harper liked Pterano that said alot for him. He nodded in agreement, "Sure does".

He had been about to speak on how odd and freaky the flying rock Littlefoot mentioned had been, when the longneck moved the conversation into it apparently being a Stone of Cold Fire or something.

The spiketail was familiar with the term, it had been a story he'd heard whispered one time.

While Harper listened, she frowned a bit in confusion, hadn't the Stone of Cold Fire not existed though. She was about to ask about this when Pterano changed the subject. She didn't read anything into that though, she'd seen how less prideful and seemingly changed her uncle was thus far and so her faith was very much there now too in Pterano that, yes, he was going to be good now and her mom wouldn't have to be worried over "what he did now" anymore.

Ducky gasped as it was pointed out that Cera still wasn't about. "Oh, I hope we did not leave her still hiding, she will not be happy at all if we forgot about her, she will not".

"I think she's smart and impatient enough to have given that up by now" Ridge grinned.

~~~~

Cera wheeled as her father walked up, "Oh, uh sorry Daddy" she said, "I was just..." she broke off, not really wanting to say why she was over here talking to Grandpa Longneck.

Littlefoot's grandfather told, as Cera had known he have to, about Ptearno being back and Cera prepared to answer the many questions her father no doubt had. He didn't need much more information though and just grumbled, a light response really.

~~~~

Meanwhile another parent tried to locate her wandering children. Pterano's sister he'd worried so much over meeting sighed, "I've got to worry over both of them now" she nonetheless gave a small smile as she tried to find Petrie and tell him to come on home, as she'd become use to by now, but also Harper who was about with the older spiketail kid.

She trusted Ridge just like she did Littlefoot and the others, though, and it was just routine. Still she'd become so use to only having to worry about Petrie and his adventures. At that thought the slight twinge in her stomach started again like it sometimes did when she pondered on how adventure prone Petrie was...sort of like her own brother.

Pterano had been different than Petrie when his age though, arrogant, starting fights with others if they didn't agree with him, which would equal not liking him in his book. But if there was a trait that held the same, he'd also always gone chasing adventures, albeit by his own idea rather than as a helping aid like Petrie was to Littlefoot. Still...the female flyer would have Petrie steer clear of any sorts of the kind of trouble that had hit Pterano due to all of that.

She shook her head, why was she thinking on her brother anyway? Probably because he was late. Oh she'd almost built up a whole list of things to say to him yet again just at the fact that he had been late after promising Petrie he'd be back! It wasn't the first broken promise she'd had to sooth away, Petrie just thankfully didn't remember many of the ones from when he and the others were younger and Pterano still around.

Beneath that reason for justifiable anger, though, she'd been a bit disaponted herself. For one she just wanted to make sure, trouble nor not, that her brother was still safe and nothing had happened to him. But also...maybe she wanted to see for herself these promised changes Pterano had gone on about before leaving. She'd need more than words to believe, but she did want to believe, did want to see him finally be what she knew he could if he'd just stop with all this scheming. She wanted to be able to trust her own brother again. it hurt she couldn't as of yet.

Hearing that spiketail, Ridge's voice, along with some of the others, she walked forward towards...the entrance to the Valley? Oh they hadn't. She caught sight of Littlefoot, Ridge and Harper first off though, as the spiketail had walked a bit ahead unintentionally.

"Harper" she sighed, "Don't tell me you or Petrie went wandering at this time of n-" her sentence cut as she noticed one of the adults who accompanied the children.

Many words battled for formation of a first setence, but she couldn't settle on any of them, just stood there with that unsure look of disapointment at his having taken as long as he had a guarded hope she wanted to feel for what might be different now.

She'd let Pterano's first words prove her right eitherway though, she supposed.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Grandpa Longneck immediately caught the implication in Topsy's voice. "Well... yes of course we're going to have a meeting about it. But... Mr. Threehorn, is it really necessary to go too much into it? Pterano can legally come back after all, and though I don't fully trust him... I doubt he should be fully shunned, either. He has served his time after all." the longneck pointed out.

"I guess it's just my old experiences coming back to haunt me. He used to get me so angry sometimes just thinking about him, as you recall." he said, squinting in almost a cross manner. "But... I suppose he does deserve another chance, despite my reservations. He DID help save the children from Threehorn Peak after all. I just... I don't know what to think of him right now. I guess we'll find out tomorrow, when we see him."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, I hope she's not still back there. I did try and yell out for everyone and plus... that flying rock SHOULD have gotten her attention." Littlefoot pointed out. "If it didn't... I don't know what would have. I hope she's OK." he looked behind him, but could see no sign of the yellow threehorn. Why would she leave without telling them? He couldn't think of an answer to his own question, and it was starting to worry him.

Pterano felt Petrie land on his shoulder, and he looked over at his nephew to respond to him. "Ah yes... saving him from the sharptooth. One of the times my story will actually be true." he muttered with a chuckle. "You see... that one is rather interesting. As Devon said, he was mostly alone out in the Mysterious Beyond, as was I. Well, let's just say that..." he paused when he heard a familiar voice ahead of him, and as both Harper and Ridge were ahead of him, he paused in mid step as he realized who it was that had addressed the two of them.

Taking in a breath and not exhaling, Pterano was looking straight ahead at his sister. Gulping a little, the pteranodon was initially at a loss for words, and he was secretly hoping his sister would be the first to speak. She did not, however, and he found that he would need to be the first one to break the silence.

"Um... ahem, hello... sister." he said, giving her a small smile. "I was just... um... I was walking the young ones into the valley. They spotted me with the rest of the farwalkers, and I wanted to make sure they were accompanied by an adult after the Bright Circle left the sky. I... was going to head right to your nest to tell you I was back once I saw them safely to their own nests." he explained softly.

(runner up)
(runner up)

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"I guess we'll see tomorrow then." Mr. Threehorn said to the old longneck.

He turned to his little one next. "Come on home to the nest, Cera! It's getting late, and we'll need a lot of sleep for the meeting tomorrow." He started to walk off, expecting Cera to follow him.
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
(Sorry for always having a long post length)

As her father and Grandpa Longneck discussed Pterano's return, Cera was able to do little but just listen, having nothing to really add. Part of her wanted to speak up for his being Petrie's uncle and thus having that much going for him to be treated somewhat nice, if nothing for Petrie's sake, but she sort of understood how that didn't really extend too far.

In all the time she'd known Littlefoot's grandfather, here at the the Valley, though she'd hardly ever seen him hate anyone. Never actually. Made her wonder, just what had Pterano been like and what else had he done that he got this sort of reaction from both her father and someone like Grandpa Longneck?

She nodded as her father said to come on home. "Uh, thanks again...Grandpa Longneck" she this time gave his full title he seemed to like to go by with the kids as she turned to him before walking off behind her father. She knew he knew what she was saying thanks for and so she didn't have to say it.

~~~~

As Pterano went into this one story, but admitted this one would be true, even if he did mutter it, Harper caught the words but didn't say much. She grinned though. She'd known it! All along she'd had more than a sinking suspicion that the kind of stuff Pterano described was far-fetched at best. Not that she'd let that get in the way of a good story.

So she listened this time as well as she had any other time, turning as Pterano paused at the familiar voice she turned to at about the same time anyway. Harper was just about to call out and dart over to her mother, forming some sort of apology and explanation for their being out so late, when she noticed the tense atmosphere between Pterano and her mother and so she stayed put.

For her part, Pterano's sister listened as her brother went on. She could hardly blame him the faltering, this was such a tense moment for varying reason for them both. She felt herself stiffen as well at his words, not from anger or anything, but from the hope not sure if it should come or not at claims of reform hidden in Pterano's words on his having planned to return the children to their nests before coming to see her.

Claims he couldn't prove, seen as she'd interrupted that plan, but...she wanted to believe it had been what he was about. Something in the way he said this was so...different.

Now, though, she had to say something, and not just because the children were all standing there as witness.

"I see...well, that's noble of you" it was unsure from her tone whether or not she believed his words, but next breath she sighed, relaxing. She could speak plain, she knew nothing she felt would surprise Pterano and like he could hardly hide his shenanigans or schemes from her, she could hardly hide how she felt from him anyway.

"You know you'll have to prove any claims of yours before I'll just believe them, after everything..." she broke off. He knew. Also she'd nagged enough just with that sentence.

"But I would feel bad if I wasn't the first of the committee who will not doubt find you by tomorrow to say...Welcome back" now she let the guarded hope show in a small smile.

Snapping back to recalling the children though, she turned to them, "But you all really should be back at your nests at this time of night shouldn't you? Well I already noticed Cera's made her way inside the Valley so come on I'll help my brother with that mission, unless he'd like to face Littlefoot's grandfather on his own" she went on with a small smile as she turned.

Harper grinned, had her mother just made a slight joke? Well it proved what she'd said before, of knowing that deep down her mother had been worried over Pterano too.

(Whew, I wasn't going to have her notice about Cera, but it seemed to be the best way to sort of close that left open end without anyone knowing maybe just yet WHY Cera was gone. We can get to that later if we wanted her to be questioned by the others or not I guess :))

vonboy

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As Mr. Threehorn made it back to the threehorn nest, he laid down.

"It's already time for bed, Cera" The old threehorn began. "...but, there's something I have to talk about with you. Something important."

He paused for a moment before continuing. "Could I ask, Cera; what do you think about that old flyer? About Pterano?"
---------------------

---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Cera had already been headed over to the nest to curl in with Tricia, when her father speaking paused her. She turned back to him and looked uncertain at the question. How did she feel about Pterano...

Was this like a test, and if she didn't agree with her father she'd be in trouble? No, he wouldn't do that so much. Still, the conflicting loyalties to both her father and also Petrie wared within her once more as she tried to pin this down.

It was kind of easier her father asking her this than Petrie, though, since she knew the answer really.

"I...I don't know" she sighed, "Petrie's tried to ask the same sometimes, but I don't really answer him" she shifted her feet "I...guess 'cause I don't really like him much either, he caused all that trouble you guys said and all".

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Pterano paused as his sister replied. She stated it was rather noble of him, but then went on to mention that she really couldn't believe him without proof, and what proof did she have? He lowered his gaze, and nodded sadly. "Of course... I know that." he said, a little crestfallen by her words. So it seemed that not even his sister could fully trust him with this.

But her next words caused him to lift his head again, and a small smile crept across his features. He gave her a nod with his eyes closed, as if saying "Thank you, sis". Yes... the committee would most likely want to see him tomorrow, and he would have to face them before being officially welcomed back, even if he wasn't sure it was needed.

"Wait... Cera's already ahead of us?" Littlefoot asked, unsure why she had simply abandoned the gang like that. Was anything wrong?

Pterano nodded though at his sister's words, and couldn't help but crack a bigger smile this time as she got off a small joke. "No... of course not. And yes, children, I'd say it's high time to be back in your nests. If I recall correctly, Littlefoot lives closest, so perhaps we could..."

"Oh that's OK, Pterano. I can get home on my own." the longneck cut in, giving the two adult flyers a smile. "It's not that far, like you said. I'll be OK. Honest." he gave them both a nod, and began trotting off in the direction of his grandparents' nest.

Pterano nodded as well, and watched the longneck go. "Well then, Ducky, Spike, would you like me to take you back to your nest? I remember where it is, and I'm sure Devon would be happy to come along as well. Petrie, go along with your mother. I'll be there in a few moments." the flyer suggested, and looked over at his sister to make sure this arrangement was OK with her.

"Oh and forgive me!" he said, shaking his head in a forgetful manner. "This is my sister, Devon." he motioned between the two flyers. "Devon is... a very good friend of mine. I found him out in the Mysterious Beyond, and took him in." he explained to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gandpa Longneck gave Cera a nod, and mouthed the words "Of course" to her as she started to follow after her father into the night. "Now then..." he shifted his gaze back to Tero. "You're welcome to perch in any of the trees around our nest tonight, if you like. We're always willing to welcome farwalkers into our valley, and if you don't have a place to stay for the night, you may feel free to do so right here." he offered to the young flyer.

(runner up)
(runner up)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
"Hi there!" Devon said, bowing next to the lady. "Please to make yer aquaintance, miss!"

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Tero watched as the threehorns headed off towards the inside of the Valley, leaving just he and the old longneck. Tero looked up at the dinosaur from his seated position on the floor. He must have some position of authority here, he thought. Could be useful.
Tero decided that until everyone was fast asleep, he'd stay close to the old longneck. Though he was still winded, he fluttered up and perched on the back of the old fellow, nodding in reply to his offer.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Yeah, same here, but then I've been able to get my own self home for a while now" Ridge said before heading off.

"See you tomorrow probably" Harper waved. She wasn't sure, everything probably was going to be hectic with Uncle Pterano announcing himself back, but she was sure she would see him.

"Good bye Littlefoot, oh and you too Ridge" Ducky waved. The older spiketail nodded then then gave Spike a smile of his own, being partial to the young one as he was a young spiketail, before walking off.

At Pterano's offer, Ducky smiled, "Of course, and I know momma will be very happy knowing someone is helping walk us home instead of us just going there ourselves like we do" she said. "Come on Spike, we will follow Pterano home" she told her brother.

"Ok, see you in a bit, Uncle Pterano" Harper gave him another smile before flapping over to her mother. She noticed her mother was just watching all this as Pterano laid out his plan of what should probably work best.

Harper had never seen the smile that was on her mother's face. It was a soft smile, stunned, but in a good way. The adult flyer had never heard her brother so sincerly responsible, atleast in words.

She gave a small nod to Pterno asking if all the arrangements were good, "that sounds fine".

She next nodded to Devon as he was introduced, "Nice to meet you too, Devon". She shook her head as Pterano said he took him in. "Of course everything you do has to be big..." she muttered, but was still smiling.

"Well the others are asleep even now so try not to wake them when you come in" she told her brother, "Come on Harper, Petrie" she said as she got them headed back towards the nest.