News:

Author Topic: You Just Burst My (Happy) Bubble Don! :-(  (Read 9380 times)

Akiko

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://wahyawolf.deviantart.com
You Just Burst My (Happy) Bubble Don! :-(
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 05:51:17 pm »
I couldn't agree more that this is a real shame; like many others I would've loved to see some of this footage. I'm curious just what was 'too scary' for children and why (okay I admit, Sharptooth did scare me some as a young child (originally saw the movie in 1988 when I was three ;p), but it's suppose to have that effect. That's what made the movie so 'on the edge of your seat' fun. ^^ I always loved the 'darker' feel of many of Bluth's movies, it gives them more emotion and makes the characters all the more real, IMO.

I'm certain we won't get to view this footage now, and for those of us who most especially love the original classic (*raises hand*) that's truly an upset. I always find myself sneaking back to rewatch scenes from the original to catch little things (I pay too much attention to stuff^^;; ) and just...get the feeling of it again, if that makes any sense. I think most of us could agree that the first movie has a very different and unique feel; just...not like the sequels. They just can't compare (no offense to them, the original is always tops for me though). I've often found myself wondering just how the original writers would've managed a sequel. Given the creative freedom that they perhaps didn't have full access to even with the first movie, I think it would've turned out very different. ;)

There is one thing that, if there are any animators among us, we could do. Check this out...
http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs5/f/2004/334/...Sync_Nov_24.mov
I found this very intriguing, and my applause to the artist. They truly did some amazing work here.^^ Anyways, the point? If any of us are knowledgeable
 in animating, perhaps we could 'create' those scenes, given the little information and glimpses we have from various sources. Just add to it.
I know, it's a stretch; the most animation I've managed myself are simple frames (and some gif animations); example: http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/270...y_akikowolf.gif :lol Practice, practice though! Who knows. Just a suggestion.^^ Another, and much easier, form to 'create' such 'footage' is a comic or drawing; a fan fiction even. Not the same effect, but lovely all the same.^^

We have our imaginations no matter what.  :^.^:

Zenoah

• Spike
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 08:04:20 pm »
A shame really...but what can we do, ya know?
I would like to see an anniversery DVD of some sort with a good handfull of Don's movies, includeing LBT.

Kor

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 08:44:06 pm »
To bad they can't put those cut scenes in as an uncut version or something.  But my guess is they destroyed the cut scenes.  It would likely improve the movie even more if they put them on some sort of an uncut dvd version.

Dynamite Maruyama

• Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 07:56:04 pm »
I hope there will be some tribute to the original at least by November. I don't care what Don Bluth says. Throw us anything, at least a "thank you for keepin' it alive" message from anyone involved with the movie's production. So some scenes were cut; that didn't keep the movie from having such a large impact.

I wouldn't mind a new DVD release either, even if it is released a little over the original's 20th Anniversary. Give it some acknowledgement at the very least.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 08:42:39 pm »
yea, but no scripts or "alpha"s?

Kor

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 11:56:25 pm »
It may happen, but it looks like they'll do nothing really special sad to say.

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2008, 01:35:16 am »
Man, what a real let down. :(

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Ducky
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 02:26:16 am »
...Yeah...  It does make one wonder, though, since this was a kids movie...  How successful would The Land Before Time have become today, if those scenes that were cut, would have remained?  (It's easily one of most successful animated franchises of all time...)  That's a question that I've asked before, though not on the web.  ...It really doesn't make too much of a difference to me; The Land Before Time is, as it is.  As it stands, so it is.  It's exactly how we all remember it from our childhoods (or whenever), and that's the most important thing.  It simply is.  Don't take it too hard, guys...  It'll be okay... ;)

Kor

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 02:58:55 am »
Plus they could sell 2 versions, the theatrical version and the director's cut version.  Some folks would buy both, 1 to show to the kids and 1 to watch when the kids are older or when the kids are in bed or away from home visiting or camping.

rosie

• Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2008, 06:32:40 pm »
I would just be happy seeing the rereleased movie. ;)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2008, 02:44:01 am »
Well, its later August 2008. I don't want to be a dreamy crasher, but I think the verdict is finally in. We will not be getting the 20th Anniversary we've been not-so-secretly begging Bluth for for years now.

Better luck for a 25th Edition, though, perhaps?

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 01:16:19 pm »
If anyone has seen the original trailer, there are a few of the missing scenes in it.

Kor

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 06:19:01 pm »
If you mean the original trailer for LBT I had found the original trailer on youtube and put the link in the lbt wiki page for the movie.   But on checking the link it seems it is no longer avaliable

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 06:49:58 pm »
Trust me, the video is still there.

Kor

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 06:52:02 pm »
I researched and found another copy of the same type.  It seems to be the original 80's trailer.  I can't conform it since at the moment the pc has no sound, till I unplug it from the power strip.  

I would post the link, but it seems the link sometimes works and sometimes it does not.

The only thing that seems to work is to go to youtube and look for

80's The Land Before Time TV Trailer Commercial

Even with that all you get is maybe a 50/50 chance it'll work.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2008, 10:56:08 pm »
This looks like the trailer to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FncvmmLAgZo

Kor

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 05:19:22 am »
Yes, that is it.  I didn't post a link since it didn't work for me every time I tried, but only about 50/50.

RFZT

• Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05:35 pm »
"It depends on what the footage is. The scenes from LBT were cut from the final release because it showed footage of the five dinosaurs in great peril, along side with more violent T-Rex encounters. Since this was supposed to be a movie for children, footage like that would leave too much of a dark impact on them."

Yeah, apparently some of the people who produced the movie thought these scenes would cause psychological damage to children. This may sound weird, but now that I'm older and understand so much more about this movie, I have a hard time remembering it's a kid's movie.

But it really is a shame that we're not getting those scenes back. [/extremelylate] I personally would have loved to see those deleted scenes. They went more into Sharptooth encounters and showed why the kids had to travel to the Great Valley without any adults. Since they had to put insomething that showed the lack of adults in most of the movie, the only very violent scene that was kept was Littlefoot's mom fighting Sharptooth.

I read somewhere that a lot of the deleted scenes had adults dying, or something like that. I am very interested in seeing what "great perils" the kids ended up in...

Most of this is rambling, but I, too, am disappointed that we aren't getting those scenes in anniversary releases. Then again, now that I think about it, if I'd seen those deleted scenes when i was younger, maybe I WOULD get psychological damage.  :neutral

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2009, 01:27:25 pm »
Hey guys, I was watching a commercial on youtube about the puppets pizza hut gave away whilst the film was in theatres, and one of the removed scenes is shown. I guess it would have been the final scene in the film origionally.

Zilla

• Ruby
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2009, 01:30:02 pm »
This is the original trailer which has a number of the removed scenes. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nLW_uymCcJs&feature=related