News:

Author Topic: Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier  (Read 78807 times)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Re: Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier
« Reply #4720 on: March 11, 2019, 05:00:45 am »
Hailey grinned. "Thought you'd never ask. Those assholes are as good as dead— er, captured." She shook Chong's hand and looked into the locker room. Her gym clothes were soaking wet, but they were good enough to get back to her apartment and change into more combat-ready clothes.

"Spare a bolt for the poor, dearie?" the charity worker asked again as Hailey marched by.

Hailey snarled and turned to her. "Was it not clear enough when I ignored you the first time?"

"I believe in second chances." The worker flashed her a big plastic smile. "We are so fortunate, fortunate to live in houses with food in our cupboards. You could make a difference to those with so little."

Hailey regarded her with disgust. "You claim you care so much about the poor. Tell me, if given the chance, would you choose to help those unfortunate souls over yourself? Would you really care about them if it came down to you vs them?"

"Of course I would!" the worker gasped. "What are you implying?"

Hailey whipped out her wallet, filled out a check, and handed it to her. "There. 400 million 50 thousand bolts. It's everything in my bank account."

The worker paled. "Oh my god. This is...I can't believe it. I...hey wait, ma'am!" she gasped, as Hailey started to walk away. "You forgot to put the recipient!"

"Oh, could you do it for me?" Hailey tossed her pen over her shoulder. "Just pen in the charity." She smirked. "Of course, nothing's stopping you from writing your own name, other than the knowledge that you didn't care about the poor as much as you thought."

Hailey didn't give the woman or her money another thought as she rounded the corner, deciding to forgo her room and cut straight to commandeering a starship. The money would have only jeopardized her work anyway; financial security bred complacency. As she hunted these targets, she needed the primal drive that came with an empty bank account. This wasn't a pleasure errand, this was now survival.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:42:06 pm by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

Nick22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: March 16, 2019, 09:00:38 pm »
the charity worker slowly walked away, staring repeatedly down at the check, flabbergasted a that someone would give her 400 million bolts, just like that. ' under charity rules  she wasnt allowed to take any of the donated money for herself, hopefully her organization would give her a commission for such a large donation, but that was on a case by case basis.
-
 as the spire moved back towards meridian city scooby relaxed at the winterville grill ' enjoying the last few hours of rekaxation before everything went back to ' work settingg
 agumon and gabumon had roped him into judging which of the two digi-leaders could eat more chuicken drumsticks.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: March 17, 2019, 03:21:21 pm »
"Hey Sima," Kiara suggested, "How about we go meet up with my brother now? He's probably wondering where we are at the moment," the royal lioness suggested. She pat the Mawashiian native in the belly gently.

Carmelita stared up at the roof of her cell. "I'm gonna put all these monsters behind bars where they belong!" Inspector Fox was grinding her teeth in silent rage.

Nick22

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: March 18, 2019, 09:15:15 am »
sure' Sima said as she headed into the middle of town. Plux Elida and eris were flying along and cheerfully chatting ahead of Laval and skylar, both the lynx and lion looked tan from soaking up the sun on pIktaru. Vitami and li ella wre walking together claw in claw, stopping when they behind the other two lioness ' Ah, there you are kiara" vitani said ' " kopa is waiting for you near the beach, hes out on patrol. ' told me to send you his way if I ran into you."
-
wendy and flurrie were3 walking along with dixie, chatting amicably. dixie had ben having thoughts of joining the kart races' problem is, theres only enough  spots for two kongs in the league. if i fill in for diddy its only going to be temporary.
_
 as  fdlash and mnona approached snhneed, the bear slowly stirred, and got  up from where he had falleb asleep ' this uisbt my room . must have been sleepwalking again ' The bear sighed ' he then he noticed the 4 kids ' ah its you lot, dont mind me.'  he said sretching. and stepping to the side so tgfthey could go up the stairs.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
« Reply #4724 on: March 24, 2019, 06:04:06 pm »
(OOC: If you haven't read it, this post directly segues from my recent short story. You should read it :P )

Hailey wasted no time in binding Aimee and Lucia before they could recover from being stunned by her phaser. "So, Aimee, who's the little one?" she sneered, pressing her face very close to the younger vixen and provoking a nervous squeal. "Is she your daughter? Were you getting busy with someone while hunting me through the universe?"

"She's not my daughter, get your head out of the gutter." Aimee had regained enough control over her body to roll her eyes.

Hailey shrugged and set her phaser to kill. "Okay, then." She stuck the gun against Lucia's forehead.

"Wait!" Aimee shouted, eyes widening. "She's...my sister! My younger sister!"

Hailey stopped. "You didn't have a sister. Not when I knew you."

"Have you been home to Springwood in 15 years?" Aimee challenged. "We're not kids anymore. Time's moved on while you and I were chasing each other through the stars."

Hailey grinned. "Well, thank god that chase is finally over, and I won." She finally reholstered her phaser and moved to the controls. "Oh, I can hardly wait to have fun with you when we get back to Chong's, but for the moment I'll need to store you in the brig. Don't worry..." She titled the ship backwards, sending both of her prisoners sliding down to the far end, where a police shield lowered and isolated them in the prisoner transport section, "...you won't be lonely for long."

Hitting the accelerator, she sped off for Meridian City.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:22:50 pm by aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) »

brekclub85

• Member+
    • View Profile
« Reply #4725 on: March 24, 2019, 06:08:03 pm »
"Sure thing, we'll head his way," Kiara nodded, "Wanna go make craters on the beach, Sima?" she laughed friendly, patting her fat friend's back. "Let's go find my brother."

Oliver and Ollie waved to Sneed as he got out of their way. "Now we can get back to the rooms," Oliver smiled, "Let's play some video games." The cats ran ahead of the wolves and opened the door to the hotel room their families stayed in.

A thought occurred to Jing. "Should we try to change up our voices or talk like we normally do?" she asked Tigress. 'As an extra layer of providing cover."