The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 87116

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
The roar took place again. Pterano gasped. It can't be... He knew that roar every where. Red Claw...

As if on cue, two giant green legs stepped in front of the cave opening. "It is," he muttered out loud but only for Devon could hear, for he was right behind him. Two fast biters entered the opening, lunging straight for the dinosaurs. Normally, his first reaction would be to dash behind Redback or Joe and pretend he wasn't there. But as he looked around to see everyone's frightened face, he knew he couldn't just let them die. He was their leader...and a real leader wouldn't coward out like this.

Pterano stood up straight and spreaded his wings to shield Devon and whoever was behind him. "If you want to hurt them, you'd have to get through me."

Just like nothing, Screech and Thud passed him, lunging for Joe, knowing that the old spiketail would make a lovely main course. Pterano puffed out his chest and lunged for the fast biter, landing on his back and wrapping his arms tightly around his neck. "No you don't!"
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Tero saw the three sharpteeth coming, and his mind raced on what to do. But as son as he saw that the 2 in front were fast biters, his eyes widened in terror and he took to the sky, flying to the top of the mountain and staying there.

Redback, meanwhile, rubbed the lump on his head from when he banged it on the cave ceiling as he heard Redclaw's roar. As he saw the sillouhettes of the chaos in the caves, he hurried to his feet and leapt into the fray.

He stood inbetween the fast-biters and Joe, bearing his massive teeth, slashing at them with his claws and roaring, "BACK OFF!". Finally, a real fight! He was in his element.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Harper frowned at the roar that sounded out, and turned to the cave entrance just as Petrie answered the question of who it might be. "Redclaw..." he backed up, fear written on his face.

"How do you know it's him just off the roar?" Harper asked as Fury moved in front of them, "It could be any sharptooth". Then the green sharptooth became visible and Screech and Thud rushed in at them. "Ok, it is them...". She flinched as the fast biters rushed at them, but then they kept on and over towards Mr. Joe. Harper and Petrie both gasped, especially as Pterano leapt onto one of them.

Harper turned to her brother and friend, "Petrie, Chomper, quick, how did you all deal with Redclaw and the fast biters before? I know you did it all the time, I just don't recall how".

"Um..." Petrie tried to think, "Well we run most times". That was little help here. Another roar sounded and the two hatchlings turned, but this roar was a good thing as Redback rushed in to help.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano held on as tight as he could onto Thud's neck as the fast biter shook violently. The red flyer let out a scream, as he noticed he was losing grip. He tried to tighten his arms, but before he could, Thud gave one last fearful shake of the head, sending Pterano back into the air. The red flyer tried his best to get his flight back, but he ended up crashing into the wall before landing on the floor in deep pain.

"DAAAADD!!!!!" Devon shouted as a great ball of rage hit him. He lunged at Thud, letting out a scream as he did so. But before he could do anything to the fast biter, Thud dodged his blow and scratched at the blue flyer's chest and thus, throwing him into the air as he landed right next to Pterano.

Pterano however had seen what happened to Devon and as if a fatherly instinct kicked in, he stood up on his feet, despite the pain. "Nobody hurts my baby boy!" He lunged at the velociraptor, slashing at him, sending him backwards. Pterano got into a fighting stance as Thud began to circle him.
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Chomper was just staying back so far in the fight. Even if he was a sharptooth with really sharp teeth, he was still pretty little, and wouldn't stand much of a chance. Even against Screech or Thud.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
At Pterano's cry, both hatchlings turned. "Uncle!" Petrie called in worry as he saw Thud fling him off. It was chaos, with Devon and Pterano both seemingly trying to charge at the fast biters but not having much success. Even with Redback's assistance, Harper wasn't sure how much longer this could go before someone got hurt.

Petrie was already making to flap forward as Pterano circled Thud, when Harper stopped him. "Come on Petrie, think, we need a plan" she encouraged, glancing from him to Chomper, "What's worked against them before?".

"Well..." Petrie struggled to think up something, "There..." as he glanced about, he noticed a hole in the back of the cave that might lead further on, "there time we make talk back to confuse them" Petrie whispered to Harper and even Chomper, glancing to his friend to see what he thought of this. "But we have to go through itty bitty hole into who know what..." he went on with a nervous frown. There might not been be a useable cavern beyond.

"Well...we gotta try something" Harper glanced to the fray once more.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano watched closely as Thud circled him and then lung full speed at him, giving out a roar. The red flyer dodged the blow and slashed his claws at the velociraptor. "Is that all you got?" he challenged, baring his teeth. "I've seen better."

As if the fast biter understood Pterano's rather rude comment, he charged at the flyer as Pterano shot himself into the air. "That's right, big guy! Right this way!" he shouted, leading the fast biter away from the hurt cearadactylus but having absolutely no idea that he drifting towards the cave opening, and thus into Red Claw's mouth.

"PTERANO!!! LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!!" Artie shouted at the top of her lungs. But it was too late. Before Pterano could realize what the blue pteranodon was babbling about, Red Claw snapped his jaws shut, grabbing Pterano's leg, and pulling him outside.

"PTEERAAAANOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Artie screamed as she flew out after him.

As for Thud, you could see a small smirk form across his lips, before he turned to the unconscious Devon. He lunged at him, letting out yet another roar...

Only to get rammed into by Joe. "No, you don't!" he shouted.

Red Claw brought Pterano to the skies, tossing him out of his mouth into the air. But as he did, Pterano immediately took flight. "Well, well, well, look what we've got here," the red flyer taunted.

The green tyrannosaurus snapped his jaws at Pterano a few times, only getting air instead of meat. "My my, Red Claw, someone needs to brush their teeth!" He chuckled. He was having too much fun with this.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Fury at this moment acting strictly on impulse and not willing to let his friends worry about him, he turned to where Harper and Petrie had mentioned using the talk back from deeper inside the cave and chuckled. "Well there's only one way to find out if it works." he commented with a wide grin. He rushed over to the hole, and after a moment's hesitation he forced his way though and laughed. "Hey Petrie! I owe you a treestar!" he shouted back the way he'd came as he stared up into a larger cavern.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Redback's eyes glazed over, becoming fully red. The bloodlust took him and with a roar, he charged right into the sharpteeth, heading right for Thud
The fast-biter gnashed at him, one of his teeth catching him in the side, but the gash was minimal. It only added to his rage.
Redback didn't even bother with claws or teeth. He simply went in like a boxer, grabbing him in a headlock with one arm, and pummelling him in the head over and over again with the other.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Why you owe me tree sweet?" he wondered as he followed Fury over towards the hole he'd climbed through and peered through.

Harper laughed, "Petrie, it works, his talk back is all...big. Come on" she started to crawl through herself now. Petrie hesitated and then followed as well. "Wow...yeah this could work" she smiled over to her brother "good job. I guess you are good for more than just being annoying".

"Me just remember what others do" Petrie shrugged, then frowned as he caught that last part.

"Hello!" Harper gave a test yell and it bounced around and then back to her. She giggled.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
After Jared saw and heard Pterano taunt Red Claw with the "brush your teeth" thing...

he laughed.  :DD

"Ha haa haahhh!! OHHH YEAH!! THAT'S tellin' him who's BOSS, Pterano!!!! You ROCK!! "

"You don't mess around with the FLYERS !!!" Jared said, encouraging Pterano some more.  :)

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano heard what Jared said and he smirked. "You heard him, Dumb Claw...YOU MUST DIE!!!!!!" the red flyer took a vine but before he could do anything, a strange yell could be heard. "What the..." Did I miss something? Or did that scream sound like my nephew? :blink:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fury now knowing their plan could work, flapped his wings twice and listened to the sound reverberate off the walls loudly and smiled. He then after a few moments of consideration looked to Petrie and Harper before speaking. "You two might want to cover your ears." he said as he stepped forward and cleared his throat. The glider then inhaled as much as his body would allow and then he gave a loud, almost primal and horrid roar throughout the cave.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Redback was still oblivious to all going on around him, his vision glazed into shades of red, his entire being focused on the fast biter in front of him. Screech was reeling from the flurry of punches, and Redback grabbed him round the throat and threw him back towards the cave entrance.

But he collapsed in pain as Fury's roar echoed through the caves. It was the loudest thing he had ever heard. It tore him right out of his Red Wrath, he felt like his ears might explode!

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
As Harper continued just testing out noises, Petrie slowly started to think that maybe this could work. Mainly because he had successfully scared Redclaw with it before, or him, Chomper and their friends had. That made him wonder if they would really fall for it a second time, but it was the best plan he had at the moment.

Harper had already been flying low, and Petrie flapped down to join her as they both heard what Fury said. Both flyers covered their ears and then caught, on a level they could take, the glider's cry. "Wow, yeah that should chase them off" Harper said. Petrie smiled, this could quite possibly go better than when he and the others tried it before.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
The two fast biters, having absolutely no idea where those mysterious screams came fled the cave. As for Red Claw, he watched as they ran out and at first, he called them back to get their dinner, but he too heard Fury's scream, and fled as well.

Pterano perched himself at the top of the cave, watching as the sharpteeth cowardly ran for their lives. "Yeah, that's right!" The pteranodon shouted after them. "You'd better run, cowards! Oh, and next time you mess with my friends like that...IT'S GOING TO BE ALOT WORSE!!!!!"

He then landed at the cave opening, checking on his...uh..."herd". "Is everyone alright?" He turned his looks on everyone. No one seemed to be hurt bad...except for a certain blue flyer by the name of...

Pterano gasped, as his eyes spotted his son. "Devon!" he rushed to the blue flyer's side, immediately taking him in his arms. "Devon?! Devon?!? Can you hear me?" He checked his pulse...and sighed in relief. Devon was still alive after all. Pterano pulled the blue flyer close until his cheek was directly over the pteranodon's beating heart.

Artie watched the scene between Pterano and Devon. At first, it appeared to her that Devon was dead, but seeing Pterano sigh in relief corrected her. "I'll go get treestars for the wound." She offered, spreading her wings.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fury waited diligently for the echo of his voice to quietly end and afterwards smiled. "Well, that worked out nicely." he said with a light chuckle as he stepped over to Harper and Petrie before asking, "Are you two alright? I know my screams can be.... a little annoying. Especially in a place like this."

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Both hatchlings had covered their ears tighter, just to be sure, as Fury's echoes continued bouncing about the cavern. Harper shook her head, but smiled as Fury landed nearby and she removed her wings. "I won't say it wasn't loud than anything I'ver ever heard, but yeah, I'm good". She glanced to Petrie for his verdict.

The other hatchling blinked, but otherwise did seem fine as well, "Yeah, and me sure glad you on our side" Petrie gave a small smile, "Let go see if others know it you who save us all" he went on, turning towards the cavern entrance.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared took off... he wanted to go help Artie get tree stars to help heal Devon.

"Hey Artie! Wait for me! Let me come with you and help you get treestars. :) "     said the tan rhamphorhynchus, as he caught up with Artie.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Artie stopped in mid air when she saw Jared coming after her, offering to help. "Alright, boy, if you wanna help, fallow me." she told him, flying downwards.

Pterano continued to sit there in the cave, continuing to hold his son close to his chest. "Oh, please hang in there, Devon..." he drifted off. How Devon was still even breathing was beyond Pterano, but he didn't care. He was just happy that his son was still alive.

The blue flyer opened his eyes about half way and stared up at his worried father. "Mmm...Dad?"