The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flyers of the Mysterious Beyond

Jrd89 · 820 · 85462

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
In keeping her vigil, Harper noticed Fury shiver and then stop. She moved over to place a wing on the gilder's forehead again and gasped, stepping back. "Petrie; we might have a problem..." she said.

"Yeah" Petrie was now glancing about the cave, "me think we get left alone" he glanced about for any other adult flyer left in the cave now.

"Well, we can take of ourselves" Harper distractedly moved past this, "But...Fury...Uh, well...".

Turning, Petrie noticed that his sister looked very freaked out and perhaps on the verge of tears. "What?" he stepped forward. Harper could only point, still looking distressed.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
**Whew! Slow down a little for me with the posts, guys. :) I don't want to fall behind! **

Jared landed back at the cave with Artie and Pterano.

Suddenly, he noticed Fury looking MUCH worse than he was before Jared had left with Artie.

The tan rhamphorhynchus went wide-eyed, :blink: and ran up to Fury.

"OH NOOO! FURY! FURY!" Then, he turned to Artie and Pterano and called over to them.

"Hey Pterano, Artie! You guys need to come over here! Fury's fever is much worse than before! We've gotta save him before it's too late!" said Jared, looking very worried.

Jared knew that if they didn't do something soon, Fury would be a goner for sure!  :blink:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Luke yelled, clinging on for dear life as Redback's fists whistled over his head. He wanted nothing more than to get off, but with Redback flailing around he dared not even move an inch. "C'mon, calm down! For me?!" He raised his head a little - and was instantly batted in the side of the face. He cartwheeled through the air and landed on his rear. "Ow," he said simply, looking dazed.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano's eyes went as wide as treestars when he heard that Fury's fever is getting worse as he and Artie landed in the cave enterance. He passed the treestars to Artie. "Quickly, you go aid Devon, and I'll take care of Fury. Cool?"

"Of course, Pterano," she moved to Devon, who groaned in pain as he felt her lift him up by the back. "Now, hold still, Devon." She told him as she placed the treestars on his chest.

Pterano rushed to Fury's side, taking the young glider in his arms and held the plant in front of him. "Here, eat this. It might not be the best tasting, but it should help with the sickness."
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
The moment Pterano picked Fury up, a fire was lit in his hear, and this feeling spread through the gliders body. As the leaf was dangled in front of Furys' face, the glider opened his eyes, and his sight was clear, his hearing was sharper than before, and as he opened his beak, the child took a deep, gasping breath of air, and began to cough as he struggled to breath and talk. "I... I'm..... a-alive... a-awake and alive..." before breaking down into another fit of coughing.

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Harper breathed a huge sigh of relief as the others came back to help with the situation. She only hoped they would be able to. Frowning, she stepped forward as she caught Fury's words. "O-of course you are, Fury" she said, "a-and you should be just fine now". It was really over-optimistic of a statement.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Try as the others might, Redback would not be contained. He threw Roger and Luke off every time they tried to grab him or land on him.

But the distraction was all Tero needed. He had needed to do this before several times, but always needed someone to help him. Diving down at his friend, he held his fist out in front of him and zoomed straight into the back of Redback's skull, right in the soft spot.
The punch to his head froze Redback for a moment, before he collapsed to the ground. Out like a candle.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Staring at both the unconcious Redback and Tero standing over him, Luke frowned. "Would it have killed you to do that sooner?" he asked incredulously, nursing the right side of his face where he now sported a nasty black eye. "Well, at least you got the job done..." Picking himself up, he walked over and joined Tero at Redback's side. He prodded the sharptooth with his foot. "Does anyone know what got into him?"

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"What sort of spell was that?" Roger asked as he walked closer, rubbing his beak. He went wide eyed for a second before quickly correcting himself. "Move I meant, what sort of move was that?" he chuckled nervously before stopping, looking more serious again as he looked to Tero.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Jared turned to Harper, gave a small smile. and helped her keep calm.

"Awwh, it's ok, Harper. Fury's going to be all right. Those treestars your uncle gave to him will help him feel better."

said Jared, nodding to Pterano as he comforted Harper.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After taking a moment to get his breathing under control, Fury glanced at the plant Pterano held in front of him and with a quickness that surprised even himself, and snatched the plant out of Pterano's hands and chewed on it vigorously not caring about the taste at all. As he finished the plant he glanced around talking a momentary roll call in his mind. His eyes then settled on Pterano as he asked his voice still coarse "D-do you... have any more?"

Mama's Girl

• Spike
    • View Profile
Harper smiled up at Jared as he tried to comfort her, "Oh, yeah...I know" she sighed. It was still hard, everything being so touch and go.

"Yeah Harper, no worry, Uncle Pterano know what he doing" Petrie added with a smile of confidence. One that grew as he saw Fury come around.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Pterano smiled as he heard Petrie's confidence in him as he stared down at the little glider in his arms. "Yes Fury, but not now. For one your size, it is best that you eat one plant a day. I know it's not the fastest treatment, but its better than eating too much of these plants where you'll end up getting worse." Pterano dared not to go "there" as he knew, you eat too much of these plants, you'll be as dead as dust in a matter of days. He laid Fury down, hovering over him. "Now, just get some rest, okay?" He even gave the young glider a kiss to the forehead as it was like a goodnight kiss, except it was daytime.

(DAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!! Pterano really knows how to be fatherly, now doesn't he? :wub  :wub Guess who he has to thank for that.  :p )
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Tero landed by the prone form of Redback, He had missed the spot slightly, and bashed his fist on part of Redbac's skull. Shaking his smarting hand, he knelt down by his friend's head and poked Redback in the snout a few times.

The sharptooth stirred and groaned slightly. His snout twitched and one of his arms batted Tero's arm out of the way.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well, well. Rise and shine, Redback," Luke said as he saw the larger dinosaur stirring. Keeping his distance while still rubbing his eye, he continued; ""Are you gonna keep pounding us to pieces, or have you calmed down enough to tell us what's the matter?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Fury for the first time in his young life felt no fear, no shame, or cowardice at being coddled. As he looked up to the older flyer and listened to his words, the younger glider began to grin and then turned into a full fledged smile as he felt Pterano place him back on the ground, and still all he felt was joy, and acceptance. He yawned a moment later not realizing how tired he still was. However it was the gently fatherly kiss on his head that brought his joy and bliss to the forefront of his mind as he slowly with that still bright, ear to ear smile across his beak drifted back into a joyful sleep. Just before he gave over to his bodies' demand for sleep however, Fury managed to speak. "Thank you. You've reminded me.... that a family doesn't need to be... related to care."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
"Yeah mate, thorn in you foot? What's got you all angry?" Roger said rather confidently walking up to the Sharptooth as he waited for an aswer.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Tero put his hands under the massive form of Redack and helpd the sharptooth sit up straight.

Redback shook his head and looked about for a moment, very confused.

"Hmph...huh? How'd I get out here? Last thing I remember I was watchin those sharptooth legging it... Was I sleepwalking again?"

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Sharpteeth?" Luke edged closer to the others and tried to glance around casually. "I don't know anything about them. When me and Roger got back, everyone was gone and you were running off into the Mysterious Beyond. We stopped you... eventually." He crossed his arms.  "Sleepwalking? You nearly killed us when we caught up to you."

Redtooth101

• Spike
    • View Profile
Roger chuckled "Sleep fighting, sleep running even. Ya friend there gave you quite the whack in the head to....wake you up" he with a nod before looking at Redback seriously. "Just what is wrong with you, mate?"