The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Pokemon, then Ponies, now Dinosaurs

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is just as lovely as all of your stuff :smile I didn't really notice the change in shading to be honest :D

Scene and movie? Well, I've already told you my (correct) guess so I won't spoil the others ^^

I'm, somtimes, really having trouble to believe that I can improve in fields of art other than drawing LBT characters... For example, I can't draw hair  <_< And, frankly, failures aren't exactly encouraging :angel Nor is knowing that you have a busied schedule... I believe in myself though... if only I could spent more time on practising, y'know?
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks. :)

Changed shading...it's not the way I use it, it's the way it's drawn. I tried to get it as clean and smooth as possible, reducing white spots as much as possible.

If one can see it or not (someone told me you can clearly see a difference), I paid more attention to that, and I'm going to keep it that way.

Failure and busy schedule...why do I know this so well? :D
About hair...try to simple it down. Forget about hair structure - that is a pain, I know. xD
Just go for outlines and maybe one or two lines inside to underline the way it's flowing, and you're good. ;)
But I guess that's easy to say. I got some practices from drawing MLP:FIM characters, since almost all of them have manes and tails.

I just noticed that there's a song that kind of describes my attitude towards drawing. I feel incredibly lazy now. xD
Klick&#33;
Klick!

"The bare necessities of life will come to you
They'll come to you"

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Is it from that scene in the first film were Ducky gets catapulted into the air and casually goes "Whooo!........Whooooo..." XD

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Dalek: Yep, that's it. :D
Also the parts I completely drew myself are both legs and a part of her left hand. ;)

And now have some colors.
[align=center]Forgot my parachute, oh no no no! - Digicolored

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

I made the download version a bit bigger this time. ;)

Also I don't think I'll be able to make anything new for about 11 days from now on. Maybe some preworks, but that would be it.

So...hope you like it, and until next time, whenever that may be. :)

RockingScorpion.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll try that out, thanks :)

Looks even nicer wit colour... like almost all sorts of art :yes

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Woah. More than one month and no new stuff? Well this has to be changed now, right? :D

Credit for the outlines goes to Ducky123 (his art thread is right behind this link, so go click it).
Thanks for the permission, you did a really good job with them. ;)

Now onward to it:
[align=center]Prince Chomper - Digicolored

Source

Also, thanks to Dalekdino, Cera's eye rings have the right colors. This'll be a running gag soon if I keep forgetting these. xD

That's it for now. I'm sure there will be more stuff soon.
Also if anyone is interested in the full version of my new avatar (that dragon is complicated to get right), it's on my DA page. ;)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Like I told you already, this looks very, very awesome! :lol Maybe we should consider working together (collab) occasionally? ^^

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
"Chomper this is your ant Cera"
I love this. I need to do a human version of this sequence some time soon.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123: Thanks, and yeah, why not? :)

Rhombus: Thanks. :)

Dalekdino:
Thank you, also...
ant Cera
*cough*
It had to be done. :D

So..last night I felt like drawing. What happened then...well...it's not LBT related but since I have no LBT OC yet - this. (LBT stuff coming, no worries)

(Haven't used my Pony OC in a long time xD)

Buuut now to the update. Though it's not handdrawn...but I have an idea for those, that'll need some more preparations this time and might be a cool thing when I get it done right.

Until then have some dots thrown together to make a picture:

[align=center]Ducky - Pixel Art

Source

You almost can't see it on the dark background here, but she throws a transparent shadow. ;)

Sadly she is unshaded - but that will come. I would've shaded her right away but a busy weekend awaits me and I'd like to get some sleep before that. :D
I guess I'll finish her on Sunday still. And if that won't work, Monday. ;)

Soo..I guess that's it then.
Hope you like it. :)

RockingScorpion.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ant Cera...  :lol

Ducky!!! Aww, she's so cute :wub:

Well, I do have a couple LBT OC's but I never managed to draw them. There's so much I wanna draw anyway so that won't happen anytime soon :p BTW: Guess I'm gonna add a pencil 'n paper version of your pixel Ducky to my "to-do list" if you don't mind ^^

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: RockingScorpion,Aug 23 2014 on  12:27 AM

ant Cera
*cough*
It had to be done. :D

ANT Cera.... Oh ha ha ha... :rolleyes

What about ant Ducky?

Anyway love your pixel Ducky.

She's such a cutie- saur :)

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Impressive stuff!  I especially like how you did the shadowing on all sketches.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky123: PencilPaper? Sure, go ahead. ;)

Dalekdino: Better be careful with your wishes. :p

To all of you: Thanks :)

And the shaded version of Pixel Ducky is done. :D

[align=center]Ducky - Pixel Art Shaded

Source

Not much to say here (expect I made the shadow she throws a bit more transparent - looks better on brighter backgrounds ;)

Hope you like it. ;)

RockingScorpion

Oh - the idea I have will take some more time due to reasons. For example bad weather and no sunshine all the time.^^

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Ants of five... Oh Ha ha  :rolleyes  Looks like they,ve been in  that machine from the fly.

Anyway love your shaded pixel Ducky looks super cute.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ducky and Dalek: Thanks. :)
Also @Dalek: Now we know what LBT14 would've been. LBT The Fly. :D
(Don't worry, I won't sketch that one xD)

Onward to Update!

[align=center]Nervicited

Source

Ducky sure knows how to give Pinkie Pie some competition when it comes to grinning. :D
(Pinkie is from MLP and pretty much always smiling like that. :D )

Again, I tried my best with the outlines and the shading, hoping that always going 100% and more will improve my drawing slowly. :D

Well, there's one week in Egypt coming to me, so obviously no drawings in the near future, because I'll be busy stalking fish in the Red Sea. :D
It's been a while since I've been there and also a while since I was at the sea in general (which I LOVE so much that I wouldn't mind living close to it.)

But I'll make this one colored before I go there. ;)

I also want to thank everyone who already has and will vote for my stuff in the awards. Even after quite some time I'm surprised that people like what I do for pure fun and when I need to goof off a bit. I don't think that you'll ever get used to that, probably not even after years.^^

So...yeah. I don't know what to add, so..hope you like it. :)

RS.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't wanna be nerdy or something but I so know what scene you took this from :lol This is Ducky during the Adventuring song saying "Oh yes! Please, please, pleaaaaase!" at the end of the song in LBT 10 (I had to :angel)

This looks very accurate. Well done! :smile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This looks excellent, as always.  :smile When I see that scene I always imagine Ducky with a sugar rush for some reason.   :lol

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Good one. Although I can't help but think the teeth look a little funny.
BTW did you get the idea for this off the screenshot I posted in the Caption this page?