The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 100279

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Are you really sure you're up for that?" Tony asked, looking him over, before it clicked in his mind. "Wait... she was the one... wasn't she? The one you said you wanted to protect? Well... provided you feel up for it..." Tony said, tailing off. "I'll assist you. Oh!" A sudden thought clicked in the ferret's mind now. "Hey! Dad! Um... can we maybe pick her up in the..." his voice shrank here considerably. "Daimler?" he almost squeaked. "Please? It would look really cool!" Tony said, giving his father a nervous smile. "And... it would just be down the driveway... you know? Oh and Adrian can't walk that far! Not in his condition!" the ferret pointed out.

His father thought a moment, but Tony's pleading look with those big, round eyes and that enthusiasm that was just ready to burst at a single good word from his father was too much. Don Stracci relented, giving off a warm smile that he quickly suppressed after a few seconds. "All right... but be very, very careful!" the don said warily.

Tony almost exploded with excitement that he actually jumped a tad in place. "Sure thing, dad!" He turned to look at Adrian now, a wide grin on his face. "So uh yeah... you good to move?"

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(The Heights)

Soren raised his hands defensively. "Hey, I didn't say we had to kill her! But in the event that she does become dangerous, what else can we do? Leave her somewhere in Lanthae?"

The Human's eye twitched as he heard the name Emilena. He said nothing but his tense muscles betrayed the anger and hatred he felt for the Vulpine.

Anne was reclining in a sealskin sofa and sipping some water.

---------

(Pelvanida Parking lot)

Sanjay hastily slithered towards the flare-illuminated Rhino.

"What does Agent Lupis want?" he demanded.

He shot one last infrared glance at the forests surrounding the factory – nothing.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily, meanwhile, had slipped into a fitful and twitchy sleep.

---------------------------------------

"Agent Exstasis," the Rhino introduced himself. "We've received evidence that the Stracci crime family might either possess Lily North or know something about her current whereabouts. Under the guise of government agents who need a place to stay for the night, you and Officer Echo are to visit Anthony Stracci's manor and attempt to secure as much information as you can. Can you do this?"

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony assisted Adrian up to the garage, ensuring they took the public elevator directly into that location to avoid Adrian having to wrestle with using his crutches on the stairs. Walking down the row of glinting cars, Tony stopped at a particularly large silver and maroon convertible. Measuring almost 22 feet from bumper to bumper, the 1951 Daimler DE36 boasted a straight eight engine, and was the epitome of luxury for Britain in the early 50s.

Letting Adrian take one of the back seats in the limousine (he wasn't letting someone he didn't trust into the back seat after all), Tony slid behind the right side driver's wheel, and turned the ignition, letting the big car grumble into life and feeling a sense of glee as he listened to the big motor turn. Carefully pulling out into the center lane and accelerating slowly towards the garage's exit, he waited for the door to lift up before he drove the car out onto the driveway, snapping on the headlights as he rolled down the somewhat snaking drive to the main gate.

Emelina would've seen this heading towards her in the night. By now she had been ushered through the foot gate and was standing behind the main barrier, and Tony turned the big car around in the driveway and braked so the passenger side door was adjacent to Emelina. Reaching over, Tony opened the left-hand door, and motioned for her to enter. "Ms. Emelina Echo... I'm Anthony Stracci Jr. I believe you already know Adrian. Welcome to the Heights. Might I ask your business here?" he inquired, starting to drive back up to the house.

(runner up)
(runner up)

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian smiled slightly, looking at Emilena from the window.
"Hey Emi..."
He said gently...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
Once Adrian and Tony had left, Axel breathed out slowly and leaned back on the wall. He crossed his arms over his chest, taking the lull in conversation to try and clear his mind. After a while, he sighed and swung his gaze to the others. Soren didn't look pleased at the news they'd just received. I guess him and Emilena aren't exactly the best of friends...

"So, uh... you said you wanted to act like a maid? They won't tip you with weed, you know..." Axel gave Anne a small grin, trying to lighten the mood.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Even Emilena was impressed when the vintage model rolled up. Certainly not the reception she was expecting, she gingerly opened the side door and smiled at Adrain, though her expression turned serene when she saw his appearance. "What on Earth have you been doing while I was gone?" she exclaimed, noting his crutches and wounds. "I've been tortured by Purifiers and I look better than you do!"

She turned to Tony. "These are my allies. I was captured recently, but I've managed to escape. And I have very, very important information about someone traveling with us. She'll want to hear it as soon as possible."

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Adrian smirked a little, then paled a little.
"You were...they tortured you?!"
He said, suddenly concerned as he pulled her into the car...

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pelvanida Parking Lot)

Sanjay bobbed his head. "Unfortunately, I do not actually live here, nor am I law enforcement, so I know nothing about the crime families in this area."

He then flicked his tongue. "But...as long as it helps me keep my augments, I'll do it."

----------

(The Heights)

Anne shrugged. "Alcohol will do for now until I can get some of the good stuff later on."

Soren drained his glass of mineral water. "Excuse me," he said coldly. "But I do not want to be near that cunt."

He got up and left the living room.

(OOC - Soren knows Emilena's name from when he caught her hiding in his car and recognized her as the cop who beat him up at his house.)

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony completed the turn after Emeline got in, and began driving back up to the house. He listened to what she had to say, and glanced occasionally at her in profile, nodding. "Well... I can say that we've been hearing... interesting information as well." he said cryptically. "First off, I'm glad you escaped. Second, I was present at the factory earlier tonight, and well... Adrian and his friends helped me out... got me back here from a bad situation I'd found myself in. The one you're referring to..." Tony paused here. He could take an educated guess about whom Emelina meant.

"She might not be in any condition to hear anything at the moment... what's the information?" he asked, figuring it couldn't be so important that she couldn't tell it in front of Adrian. He purposely avoided any direct talk as to Lily or her present whereabouts, but once he determined Emelina's trustworthiness, he might be a little more forthcoming with details.

(runner up)
(runner up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena pulled her sleeves up, revealing the charred flesh around her wrists. "They were pretty extensive, but I proved to have a high pain tolerance. I'd like to talk to you personally about that tonight..." she winked suggestively at Adrian.

She turned to Tony. "I'll save the details for when the rest of my friends are present, but the gist is...while in the Purifier camp, I learned what's causing Lily's mutations. I also know how we can make her normal again."

---------------------------

Exstasis nodded. "You really have no other choice in the matter. Where is Officer Echo? Can you ensure she will agree to follow this plan? We don't want her making a bad impression on the Straccis; our relationship with them is rather...political."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony couldn't help but smirk a little at Emelina's suggestion to Adrian, but he shifted back into deadpan as she turned to look at him to deliver her news. He pursed his lips at this announcement, but kept his eyes on the road as they approached the house. "Fascinating. Well, if you want to save the details, that's fine. I myself don't know too much about the situation but I saw a few things... and I just hope there's still time." he said grimly as he pulled the Daimler into the garage now.

He drove slowly down the row of cars, the fancy and classic models passing on the left and right as he moved to the Daimler's spot, going past it a little bit before braking. "OK... here we go." he muttered, turning around in his seat now to try and back the big boat up. Shifting into reverse, he carefully began backing into the spot, turning the wheel in order to shift the large car parallel with the two flanking it. "Come on... come on..." he whispered, easing the Daimler back further and further and finally getting it right. "Whew!" he exclaimed aloud. "Glad that went well!"

Killing the engine, Tony remained behind the wheel just a second or two more, feeling rather proud of himself over what he'd been able to accomplish. He hadn't driven the Daimler before except to move it around the garage, so this was a step he was rather pleased with. He'd ridden in it plenty of times of course growing up, but had never driven it that distance.

Opening his door now, he exited the car. "On behalf of Don Anthony Stracci, welcome." he told Emelina, smiling slightly now. "This way." he led the way out of the garage, depositing the Daimler's keys in the workshop and ensuring Adrian had some assistance before taking them down the elevator to the basement where Axel and well... only Anne and his father now it seemed were still present. Soren had since slipped away.

"Look what the ferret dragged in!" Tony declared as he headed down the hall towards the group now.

"Not a scratch on that car?" his father asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Not one, sir!" Tony replied back with a grin. "Oh yes! This is my father, Don Stracci." he introduced Emelina to the head of the family.

"How do you do?" the don asked, giving her a brief nod.

(runner up)
(runner up)

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Uh... hey. I'm glad you're alright..." Axel said hesitantly, raising his hand in a wave. Though he barely knew Emilena, he was happy to see that that she'd escaped from whoever had taken her. And it looks like they put her through hell... he thought, noting Emilena's disheveled appearance.

-----------------------------------------

Marcus stomped his way outside, approaching the group of Purifiers who were attending to the ruined transformer. He spotted Aaron. "How many casualties-" he started to demand... then spotted the three bodies sprawled around. All dead from single bullet wounds. Sniped.

"Fuck!" he snarled, his head pounding as the drug wore off. "I knew we shouldn't trust Lupis!" Marcus whirled around, teeth bared with rage as he started to storm back inside the compound.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena treated Don Stracci with more respect than any person since this whole ordeal had started; she knew just how many shallow graves were incapable of being traced back to this man. Also, as a child she'd first established connections with the police department by working as the bait in pedophile stings, so she knew how to make a good impression on older men. "It is an honor to accept your hospitality," she curtsied. "Apologies for my appearance; I was making the acquaintance of a couple Purifier interrogators earlier this evening." She intentionally had not returned her sleeves to their normal position, allowing the others to see her charred wrists and other wounds.

She plastered a smile on her face when she saw Axel; the only other member of the party who appeared to be present except the loathsome pony. "It's so great to see you all again!" She hugged him for added camaraderie. "Where is Lily? I need to speak with her."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Pelvanida Parking Lot)

"I can try but I'm not sure where Emilena is. She just ditched me while I was interrogating a Mr. Altyn." Sanjay sighed as he yawned, exposing his metallic fangs.

He then looked at the ambulance. "Also, I have no means of transportation but if you were to get me to the Straccis' I may be able to help you there."

------------

(The Heights)

Soren was in a small study off from the living room. He was reading a newspaper but also listening into Emilena's conversation.

------------

Anne sipped some mineral water as she watched Emilena. Out of habit, she gently ran a few fingers over her horn.

------------

(Purifier Compound)

Aaron put down the firehose and followed Marcus into the dingy building. "Should we retrieve our captives or engage in some 'operations'?"

At the same time, he had to wonder – was the government onto him?

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Don Stracci had to admit, he was surprised by the... good mannered woman standing in front of him. He blinked a few times. "Well... er... I'm glad you... managed to extricate yourself from that situation." the don replied, noticing the burned flesh on her arms. It certainly seemed like she'd been through more than just the wringer.

Tony noted the affection Emelina seemed to show for Axel. He'd have to get the rat's perspective on that.

Tony stepped forward now, his face heavy. "Lily... has taken a turn for the worse, I'm afraid." he said softly, bowing his head a bit here. "For her own safety... we had to move her to an undisclosed, secure location. What have you to tell her? I have to admit, I was intrigued when you said you knew what was causing her mutation, and how to stop it. Is there anything we..." he motioned to the others around him. "can do to help her?"

(runner up)
(runner up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Sorry Adrian, this needs to happen sooner rather than later," Emilena replied. She turned to the group at large. "While escaping the Purifier camp, I heard them discussing Lily. They want her. What's more, they seemed to understand what's caused her mutation."

She looked at her feet. "I'm sorry, but I'm not comfortable telling all of you what I've learned. I don't know who truly has Lily's best interest at heart." She looked at Axel. "I've noticed that you and Lily share a bond. I think she'd trust you. I'm leaving it up to you to decide who can hear what I've found out."

--------------------------------

"We've been unable to contact her as well," mused Exstasis. "I fear we must consider her away without leave until she provides reason for us to assume otherwise. I will be accompanying you to Stracci manor."

He began the walk back to his transport. "I'm not...the best with words. Lupis doesn't trust me to do the talking. That'll be your job."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony could hardly believe that with government agents on the verge of showing up on their doorstep, and Lily practically turning into a monster of some sort, that that was what Adrian had on his mind now? He was glad at least that this Emelina was more practical. That was a point for her in Tony trusting her but...

The ferret folded his arms across his chest, and gave Emelina a more serious look now. "Sorry but... I could say the same of you. You show up out of the blue asking to see someone who's been going downhill ever since the factory and... expect us to trust you? But sure!" he said, throwing his arms up now and motioning to Axel. "Let Axel decide. He can do it." Tony nodded at the rat. "He's seen enough, I think. He knows what little time we have."

Tony was tempted to walk out of the room to clear his head, and maybe find where Soren had gone too, but he figured that was pointless. Axel would decide in their favor of course, and they'd get this information one way or the other. Of course... he hoped his father wouldn't resort to the more brutal methods of extracting that information but... Tony doubted it would come to that. Axel would be reasonable, after all.

(runner up)
(runner up)