The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Into the Black

Serris · 1584 · 99765

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: bestariana1girl,Jan 28 2014 on  02:41 PM
;)
(OOC - Hey, just so you know, if you want to join, please see this thread and follow the sign up form.)

(The Heights)

Soren smiled as he listened to Tony's plan. "Tony, is it customary for Don Stracci to give gifts to important people? If so, we can hide a tracer inside said gift and follow them. Granted, I still want them dead because I think they're those Purifier goons I met from before but this time, I think they might be more valuable to us alive."

---------

(Purifier Compound)

"Marcus! Please respond!" Aaron shouted into his mask mounted radio. He and his crew were desperately trying to put out the burning transformer. He helped a large Clydesdale position a foam sprayer and aimed it at the base of the fire. White fire retardant foam covered the entire area but there were still some puddles of oil that were still burning.

---------

(Lanthae Fashions)

As Sanjay slithered through the shop, the clerk, a gangly black teen looked at him. "Welcome to LanthaeĆ³"

"Official police business," Sanjay said, cutting off the clerk's spiel. He flashed his Palladia Cybernetics security badge, which looked much like an official Lanthae Police Department badge.

"Uh, what's going on?"

"I need your security footage. We've had a murder in Stephenson Memorial and we have reason to believe that the suspect was in your shop. Failure to turn the tapes over can result in your prosecution for obstructing justice."

The clerk gulped and ejected two large flash drives from underneath the counter. It was then Sanjay was aware of his clothing, sticky with the dried healing gel. He then grabbed some clothing and paid for them with his credit chit.

"A little compensation," he said with a wink.

The Indian Cobra tossed the clothes into the passenger seat as he hauled himself up. "I managed to finagle the security cam footage out of the clerk."

He then grabbed his clothes and slithered into the back to change.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pterano

• The Fabulous Fearsome Flyer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony though a moment and nodded at Soren. "Yes!" he exclaimed. "My father will usually lavish a gift or two upon guests. This could be a good opportunity to find out where they report to and yes... I agree. Even though... they might be my old comrades... I won't stand in the way of your vengeance, Soren." he told the human sincerely. "Do you have a convenient tracking device we can use? If not... I'm sure my dad does." he chuckled.

"So... does that plan work then? If so, I can transfer Lily now, tell my dad the plan, and get him to confirm with Lupis that his goons can spend the night." Tony stated.

(runner up)
(runner up)
---------------------------------------------------

Poster of the Gang of Five's 400,000th post

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Soren put his glass of water aside and templed his hands. "I would prefer using a commercially made tracer but if need be, Axel and I maybe able to whip one up. It'll be shitty but it should do the trick."

Anne was now on her fourth glass of wine. Despite that, she seemed perfectly sober. "One thing," she said. "As someone who's been traced many times – cops, drug dealers, ordinary crooks, etc – we have to assume that Lupis's goons are savvy about tracers. They might do things like 'lose' the gifts, rip them apart looking for bugs when they have a moment or other such things."

Soren nodded. "So tell us about the times you were bugged?"

Anne sighed. "Well, a dealer who became an informant hid tracers inside drug capsules. Turns out, I swallowed it. Fucking cops got to me before I could shit the damn thing out. Now I just cut open every pill I get."

Soren shook his head. "Too obvious. We can't just give them pills."

"The other time was when I picked up a dropped 4000 cred chit...surprise! It was bugged but I couldn't tell because, well let's face it. I'd have to cut the thing open and waste four grand."

Soren smiled. "That might work. Unfortunately, bugs that small and thin are hard to get. On the other hand, Don Stracci could probably procure one for us. But giving money might arouse suspicion."

Anne poured herself another glass of wine. "Tuck the bug behind a frame of a painting and paint over it. They'll never know."

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Did you grab me anything like I asked, or do I have to walk around looking like Nurse Ratched?" Emilena muttered, noting the lack of clothing for herself. Adrian is a much better partner, he actually thinks of me every once in a while... she found herself thinking bitterly.

She pulled out of the cul-de-sac and headed for Pelvanida. "How do you plan on getting into the cybernetics facility anyway? I sure as hell don't have clearance."

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Look in the bag," Sanjay replied.

He then looked at the streetlights that were currently illuminating the elevated highway. "As for the cybernetics facilty, we don't get in. We wait until someone gets out..."

Sanjay then coiled up on the seat. "Of course, we could break in."

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"Well... we might not need to give them pills to get them to swallow a tracer," Axel said hesitantly. "Tony, couldn't your dad get another dinner ready for them, and then we slip the tracer into their food?" He looked around, unsure. "I mean, it's not like they'd be looking through every dish that gets brought to them, right?"

-------------------------

Marcus groaned, willing his body to move. Little by little, he began to get some feeling back in his limbs. After a few more minutes, he was able to clumsily pull himself upright, gripping tightly to the railing. There was a flash of pain, and he brought his attention down to his hand. He'd landed on his thumb as he fell, dislocating it. With a grunt, he snapped it back into place, then turned his attention back to Aaron's voice, which was crackling from the radio he'd thrown away.

Staggering inside the watchtower, he snatched up the radio. "Aaron, what's the situation?! Did they get away?!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"You're the plan guy, you figure it out," Emilena shot back. "Since you and Lupis both think I'm an idiot or something and can't come up with my own plans!"

But she had come up with her own plan. She just wasn't ready to tell it to Sanjay yet.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
marita dragged out a computer from a nearby desk and was typing away. ' the latest bugs are thin and look like the stick tac you find on kids posters in schools. we;'ll have to pass it off as something to hang the painting on the wall with. problem is that kind of stuff isnt cheap. 500 dollars an once, believe it or not.' she saidto the others.. ' how much do you think we'll need.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony nodded now. "OK... well I think the food could work... and it'd have to be of the type that it wouldn't be.. voided easily." he said here, grimacing. "My dad's got some pretty small ones I think, about what Marita described. I think I saw a movie once where someone basically forced a bug down an unconscious guy's throat without him knowing and he wasn't able to get rid of it initially. Anyway, I'm gonna go and move Lily now. You guys think of a good way to bug our quarry, and I'll be back." he said, moving back into the infirmary now.

He cleared his throat as he stood over her now, and looked at her with concern. "Um... Lily? It's Tony. We're gonna... well I'm gonna move you to somewhere secure for tonight, OK?" he corrected himself. "The others agreed. We're trying to trap Lupis, or at least learn more about your condition. Are you OK enough for me to move your bed?" he asked, noting that fortunately, it was on wheels, like all the beds in his infirmary.

(runner up)
(runner up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Lily was drenched in sweat, the blood-stained sheets were clinging to her skin like a straitjacket.

She nodded weakly, not making eye contact or uncurling from the fetal position she had assumed. Her new tail dangled off the side of the bed, in the way of one of the wheels.

------------------------------

Emilena parked the Ambulance just out of sight of Pelvanida. "There's the place," she said. "They close to the public in thirty minutes. Someone will be leaving the faculties at that time I wager."

Done driving, she changed into the outfit Sanjay had picked out; appropriate rugged hiking clothes. Probably the best outfit she could ask for given the circumstances.

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony felt terrible for Lily, looking at how much pain she was in, and how she barely registered his presence. "I'm gonna have to move your tail first..." he said, noting it hadn't been there before. He gingerly picked it up, and laid it down behind her on the bed. "Try to keep it there... OK?" he asked, beginning to wheel her bed forward now. "Dok, you'll come with me to this location to monitor her, OK?" he informed the Doktor.

Wheeling her bed out into the hallway, he began pushing it towards a particular hall. The ferret only wished there was something further he could do, as she looked absolutely in shock over what was occurring, not to mention in pain. He reached down, beginning to rub her shoulder now. "It's all right... we'll find out what's happening to you... I promise." he said softly. "We're not giving up on you.. we're not." he reassured her. He'd need to call his dad once they reached the particular hallway he was thinking of. "I'm taking you to a place my family uses... it's soundproofed and hidden rather well, so... you should be safe for the night. Nobody can access it but us."

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(The Heights)

"Yeah but if they bite down wrong and find electronics...We're fucked," Anne said.

Soren listened to Marita's response. "Perfect! Those flexible circuit bugs. Expensive – 5,000 creds for one – and short lived but almost impossible to detect."

Anne's eyes lit up. "I heard about them. They come with everything inside a small stick of putty. If we can find a gift, we can simply wedge it into into an appropriate hollow and paint over it. Failing that, we can carefully smash it flat and paint over it."

"Good thinking," Soren said to Marita.

Anne looked at Kojuuro. "We can't use anything that might entail drilling or cutting into a gift. And if we implant tracers on them, we run the risk of them noticing – or worse, catching us in the act."

--------

(Purifier Compound)

"They got away. We nearly drowned after the fuckers set fire to a transformer and the tunnels flooded. We're currently trying to put out said transformer," Aaron said.

He then put the hose down. "Luckily, the fire's almost out – but the power's gonna be down for a bit. They got the main transformer."

--------

(Pelvanida Cybernetics)

Sanjay got out of the vehicle and slithered towards the main entrance to the building. An armed guard stopped him. "Sorry, sir but Pelvanida's closing in half an hour."

Sanjay flashed his badge. "I'm with the Lanthae PD and I need toĆ³"

He was interrupted by a Human exiting the building. He slithered after the man.

"Excuse me sir!" he exclaimed.

The man turned around. "Yes?"

"Lanthae PD," he said flashing his badge. "I need to ask you some questions."

"Look Officer, I have to get home to my kids. Am I free to go?"

"Not until you answer my questions."

The man sighed. "Fine."

"Name?"

"James Altyn."

"Occupation?"

"Cybernetics researcher at Pelvanida Cybernetics. Specializing in replacement organs."

Sanjay tapped a hand against his chin. "Now, do you know anyone named Soren Almaya?"

James nodded. "Yeah, he works on my hands." He showed Sanjay his hands, including the extremely fine fingertips.

Sanjay nodded. "Now, Mr. Altyn, did Mr. Almaya mention anything about the Purifiers?"

James nodded. "Yeah, he wanted to know if they're the ones who destroyed my hands. I told him the truth – they were."

"When did you meet him?"

"A day or so ago in the parking lot. Anyways, am I free to leave?"

"Yes you are." Sanjay slithered back to the ambulance and into the passenger's seat. James took off running to his Tesla Roadster and sped off.

"Well, it looks like one of the workers, a certain James Altyn,did in fact meet Almaya yesterday. Says the Purifiers mutilated his prosthetic hands," Sanjay said. "Now all we gotta do is find him."

(OOC - one credit = $0.10)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Emilena, however, was no longer in the vehicle.

-------------------------------------------------

Lily could barely concentrate on what Tony was saying. One of the wheels on the cart was a sliver unbalanced with the others, not even to the extent a normal human could even register. But it was enough to send jolts up her spinal cord with its every revolution.

All she could tell was that he was taking her somewhere hidden, where the others wouldn't know where she was. She didn't have the strength to protest or agree, but all she could think was, Will anyone know if I die there...?

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"OK... here we are." Tony said softly, and pushed one of the wooden panels in the wall that basically looked like every other panel on the wall. A security panel then opened up. Tony bent down for a retinal scan of his right eye while he took his phone out of his pocket and dialed his father. He then placed his paw on the paw reader, which read his data and confirmed who he was. He then entered in the nine digit security code in the keypad. "Dad." Tony said as his father picked up. "I need you to activate the safe room from your floor. I'm moving one of our guests down there now... before you panic... just... listen..." he said, outlining exactly what was going on over the phone as he waited for his father to activate the safe room access point from one of the other hidden security panels in the manor.

His father heard him out, then sighed. "I don't like this. Lupis is a good contact... are you really sure you know what you're doing, son?"

"Dad... I don't really have any other choice. Lupis would attack this place regardless of what we did if he found out Lily was with us." Tony said as the wall suddenly slid back and then down to reveal a large elevator. Their safe room was designed to only be accessible if two family members activated it at roughly the same time. He wheeled Lily's bed in and hit the down button. The elevator would take her to a room deep under the cliff. No one outside of Tony's immediate family even knew this room existed. The guards, consigliere, capos, all were in the dark about it, making interrogating them a pointless task.

"Well all the same... if he did that... he wouldn't do that. He's not stupid." his father pointed out. "He knows how easily I could retaliate. Anyway, you want me to call him and invite his... thugs over?" Don Stracci asked now.

"Sure... do it. Nothing will link back to you... I promise." Tony said.

"Nothing will... don't you worry about that." the don said.

The elevator arrived now, and Tony pushed the bed into a rather sumptuous room. This one was slightly more Turkish in its furnishings, and was large as well, comprising a kitchen, a bathroom, several bedrooms, and a living room. "OK... here you are." he patted her shoulder again. "Listen... you need anything..." Tony fidgeted with a remote control type thing in his paws now that had originally been on a table down here. "You push this red button, OK?" he asked, holding the remote directly in front of her face for her to see. "It'll notify my phone that you need help. I'm gonna leave this with you." he said, placing the device on the bed next to her. "Hey... you watch her, OK?" Tony asked the Doktor now.

====================

Don Stracci dialed Lupis's number after he got off the phone with his son.

(runner up)
(runner up)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sanjay's hood involuntarily flared out, a sign that he was afraid. He unholstered his pistol and closed his eyes, allowing his cybernetic "third eye" to take over. All he saw were the lights beginning to cool down as they were shut down and the hot glow of the factory's exhaust pipes.

"Emilena, I got the info!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
This time, Lupis picked up immediately. "Now there's the number I'm used to seeing from this address. I figure you're calling about your son?"

-------------------------------

Emilena was sprinting through the woods outside Pelvanida, as she had been since Sanjay left the ambulance.

Those cock-sure strategists, both of them... she thought bitterly, thinking they can boss me around and that I can't tell they both secretly look down on me...I am not a jarhead to be ferried around gunning for others! I'll capture Lily myself!

She had done some research when left alone. While Sanjay was in the clothing store, she had gone to the phone company across the street and obtained the call history of the only number she knew from her old team; Adrian's. A quick search on the police database showed that the last number dialed directed to Stracci manor, the crime lord's. She could regain the trail from there, if they'd even left.

Suddenly she and her thoughts went reeling as something in the shadows tripped her. Picking herself out of the dirt, she discovered a weathered backpack containing bottled water and protein bars. Helping herself (she'd forgotten when she last ate), she quickly continued on her exodus.

--------------------------------

Lily whimpered. The pain was lessening (not saying much, considering what it had been), and her mind was wrapping it's head around the feeling from when Tony had picked up her tail. Her brain was having a hard time comprehending the  feeling of nerves from a body part that hadn't existed yesterday. And even something as simple as grasping the bloodstained sheets for comfort had become awkward with the extra finger.

"Am I...am I a monster?" she tried to ask the empty chamber, but all that her vocal cords could create was a hoarse growl. She'd lost the ability to speak.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
"So we bug the gifts?" Axel nodded. "Alright, I can get on board with that... I mean, as long as we're careful and hide them properly." He thought about it some more then nodded eagerly, glad they now had a plan could work. "Yeah, let's go with that!"

He looked to the side as Tony approached. "Is... is she okay? She's safe?" Axel asked restlessly, standing up straight.

-----------------------------------------

Marcus swore. He put a hand to his neck and pulled out the small dart, dropping it to the floor and swinging around to scan the watchtower. But, of course, Lupis was nowhere to be seen. Son of a bitch... Marcus crushed the dark underfoot with disgust.

He raised the radio and growled into it. "I'm on my way."

Pterano

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Tony couldn't even understand what was being asked of him... it just sounded like a growl. A growl that sounded nothing like Lily. He closed his eyes on the ride up, exiting the elevator after a bit, and walking back to where he'd left everyone. Axel was the first to ask how she was doing.

"She's safe but... she's not OK." Tony said heavily, his face fallen. "She's changed a lot... she doesn't... even look human anymore. And I don't... even know if she can talk. She let out this growl in response to me that... sounded more animal than English." he stated sadly. "I don't.... honestly know if she's going to be OK. But I left her with a way to contact me if anything changes. The Doktor is watching her and well... she's safe at least." He informed the rat, knowing it probably wasn't what Axel wanted to hear.

"Yes, I am." Don Stracci replied. "He told me about some of your people needing a place to stay. Let me be clear Lupis... I'm in the middle of some very important business, and my fellow associates might not like seeing government pukes walking around my house. Might make them uneasy... catch my drift?" he asked. "They don't stay longer than a night, and they confine themselves to the area I confine them to, no protests. Any violation of this agreement and well... make sure they understand the consequences of failing to abide by my rules before coming here. And also as usual, they'll have to check any weapons they have with them." he informed the wolf.

(runner up)
(runner up)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
"Believe me, it was not my intention for you or your family to get involved," Lupis replied quickly. "I'm honestly not sure how Tony became immersed with this group. But I have reason to believe they are harboring an individual who jeopardizes our national security. A woman named Lily North has proven to be an incredible danger to both herself and those around her, and I've been trying to apprehend her for over a week now." Lupis paused. "The rewards would be substantial to anyone who played a part in her recapture. I'm not even talking money at this point." Lupis trusted that the don would understand the political benefits of assisting the government in a capture of this nature. "You know I'm a man of my word, Don. With your cooperation, my men wouldn't have to stay longer than five minutes."

-----------------------

Emilena continued her sprint. She was near the edge of the forest, halfway to the manor. Every police officer knew the manor's address by heart, considering it was the hub of organized crime in the city...