The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Chomper's Future, no fanon

Chomper98

• Grand Admiral
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I don't know if there's already a topic on this, but I just want to know everyone's thoughts on Chomper's future, and this is possible canon, no fanfiction or non-canon, just plausible theories.

My personal theory is that he leaves the Great Valley as a teenager, links up with his parents, and then learns to hunt. When he is ready, he leaves them, finds his own territory, finds a mate, and then lives out his life normally. What is yours?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Another possibility would be that Chomper leaves or is cast out of the Great Valley, but because of his years-long scavening in the Great Valley he doesn't have the hunting skills other sharpteeth of his age have and he is at a disadvantage, making his life very hard.

But if scavening is the primary way of acquiring food among LBT sharpteeth (a strong possibility, considering the intelligence and organisation of leafeater herds), then the determining factor will not be hunting skills, but persistence in staying near the herds, and Chomper might excel in that.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I'm in doubt whether or not Chomper's parents are still alive at the time of the TV series. There never was any real explanation for Ruby's and Chomper's presence in the Great Valley. All we ever got was a scene in which Chomper seemed to be with Ruby's family just prior to entering the Valley. Of course not mentioning any death of Chomper's parents would be a rather important thing to be left unmentioned, but with nothing really concrete about the reason for Chomper's and Ruby's presence (and their acceptance) in the Great Valley it seems like important things were left unmentioned in any case.
I think that if we assume for Chomper's parents to be dead the matter could be thought a bit further and in case Redclaw had anything to do with it, it might be a basis for the perception of Redclaw as "not just the same kind of Sharptooth encountered in almost every preceeding LBT movie".

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, it appears the TV series has only created a lot of plotholes, as if the films didn't already have enough plotholes :bang.  Had Universal taken their time with the series and focused on the plotholes and loose ends, we probably would know:

*Why Ducky's father has not been seen or heard from, despite having made it to the Great Valley.

*The fates of Cera's mother and sisters, and how her father found a new mate and had another kid without bringing the original relatives up.  What's worse, is why Cera never asked either her father or Tria about what happened.  All we can do is assume :p.

*Why Spike's parents left him behind as an egg?

*What happened to Petrie's father?

*Why it took Littlefoot's father so long to find him.

And the list goes on and on...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Not sure if all of these cases are really deserving to be identified as plotholes.
For example the absence of Spike's parents could relatively easily be explained by them getting killed in the big earthquake or them being otherwise divided from the nest in so hostile a world.
I suppose not knowing and not being explained can sometimes be seen as a chance for fanfiction writers and the many open questions disprove the frequent claims that it was impossible or too difficult to come up with ideas for LBT fanfictions that are not crossed over with humans or all types of other franchises :p
In case of Bron's "explanations" for his absence, I must agree that they were so bad, and so much in conflict with earlier movies that I think it would have been better to leave the question unanswered rather than comming up with really big plotholes in his story.

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 2 2012 on  12:35 PM
Not sure if all of these cases are really deserving to be identified as plotholes.
For example the absence of Spike's parents could relatively easily be explained by them getting killed in the big earthquake or them being otherwise divided from the nest in so hostile a world.
I suppose not knowing and not being explained can sometimes be seen as a chance for fanfiction writers and the many open questions disprove the frequent claims that it was impossible or too difficult to come up with ideas for LBT fanfictions that are not crossed over with humans or all types of other franchises :p
In case of Bron's "explanations" for his absence, I must agree that they were so bad, and so much in conflict with earlier movies that I think it would have been better to leave the question unanswered rather than comming up with really big plotholes in his story.
That's a great point you just made. :DD Anyway there are two paths of what could happen to Chomper. (This is my view on it)

Good Chomper: Chomper grows up just like the rest of the gang. Even know he is feared in the valley he does not eat meat unless there dead. He is used as the main defence of the valley against the sharpteeth that try to enter the valley. He even goes out of the valley to get food sometimes but tries not to be suspect. And at one point he has a family of his own.

There are some parts that would need to be imporved but that one of my ideals.

Bad Chomper: He leaves the valley at a yong age to begain adulthood. He kills to survive. And comes close to killing his own friends. Because he is so hungry he does not even see what he becomes.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Maybe Redclaw will prove that he is worthy for his frame,and catch Chomper.Or he grow up and makes Redclaw his ally.Or he grow up and stays in the valley,and defend it from anything,eating fish or the dead.Or he grow up and stays in the valley,but got mad of starvation and kill somebody just to got killed by one of the gang who is able to take him down(like Littlefoot,or Cera or Spike).Or he just get crushed by a meteor  :lol  Or.......who knows?I see nearly endless possibilities.

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
In my opinion, Chomper will be cast out of the valley because the other inhabitants of  the valley will see Chomper as a threat. You can't simply feed a 8 - 10 ton tyrannosaur on insects for ever... Eventually he would need bigger and bigger prey to satisfy his hunger and eventually when he needs fully grown hadrasaurs (i.e; Ducky), then Chomper can't stay any longer.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There are three GOOD Chomper possibilities (Codename Luke Skywalker (note, don't know where films VII - IX are going, but, assuming from what we've seen so far.)  

1.) He DOES eat Leaf Eaters, but outside the Great Valley, and Littlefoot and the Gang of Five and Ruby and Chomper engage in Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy about what he's eating.

2.)  He eats Tickle Fuzzies (mammals.  There might be some big ones that will fill him.)  and also eats Egg Stealers.  (Egg Stealers can't be loved in the Great Valley.)  Also, maybe he eats Fast Biters.

3.)  Also, he can eat fish and any bad Leaf Eaters out there.  Perhaps he can eat bad Dome heads.  

(4.) He could eat Yellow Bellies and Rhett.    Just kidding!   :lol   )

There are also some, really frightening, BAD Chomper possibilities  (Codename Anakin Skywalker, the hero who went bad)

1.)  He does get older.  Eventually, out of fear, they cast him out.  He becomes sour, eventually blaming the Gang of Five for not sticking up for him.  As he knows a lot about the Great Valley, including likely its many entrances, where Tree Sweets would be and hence where not to go, and also what points one could sneak around and not get caught, and, for revenge on everyone, blabs to loads of Sharpteeth and they attack in the middle of the night.  Eventually, he and Littlefoot would fight and Chomper would die as the final villain of the series.

2.)  He is broken by Red Claw and tells Red Claw how to get in and bla bla bla.  Eventually, after Red Claw does some harm, he feels tainted and joins Red Claw, feeling that he can't be friends with the Gang of Five anymore.

3.)  It is revealed that, for some sinister reason, pretty much his whole friendship with the Gang of Five and Ruby was a ruse to harm the Great Valley and others.  

4.)  He indeed cannot find enough to eat and tries to eat Littlefoot, perhaps resulting in his death, and maybe Littlefoot, who seems too trusting of him, getting scarred on his body from the encounter.  

5.)  He just leaves the Great Valley and hunts leaf eaters out there, realizing that they won't like him in the Great Valley forever.  In this case, he's only dangerous if he encounters them outside the Great Valley, and if he is feeling mad at them.

6.)  He gets stronger as he gets older and becomes power hungry, deciding to use his strength and above average intelligence and ability to speak Leaf Eater to try and take over dinosaur places in hopes of ruling the dino world with an iron fist, thinking himself to be its rightful ruler because of the gifts he has.

7.)  He would have stayed good, but, after finding a love interest, one who doesn't care for leaf eaters except as food, ends up hunting leaf eaters, if more for her than for himself.

8.)  It turns out that Sharptooth from the first film is a relative of Chomper's.  After Chomper finds out the Gang of Five killed Sharptooth, he begins plotting their ends in order to get revenge for Sharptooth's death.

9.)  He hides in hidden parts of the Great Valley, and uses his knowledge of how leaf eaters operate and stuff, to know their strengths and weaknesses so he can know what to do when  encountering them, and, as such, becomes so dangerous that that part of the Great Valley is considered perilous.

Of course, there is also the heroic sacrifice options too.

1.)  Red Claw is gonna kill the others, so Chomper gives up his life to save the Gang of Five and Ruby.

2.)  An older Chomper leaps in the way of Red Claw or some other Sharptooth and is impaled, but this gives Littlefoot the chance to live and beat Red Claw or whoever the attacker was and avenge Chomper.

3.)  Chomper does go after them, feeling hungry, but, knowing they are friends, ends up letting himself die in an Earthshake or fall into a volcano so that his friends can live.

Also, there is this possibility, though it would be a huge sacrifice on the part of the Gang of Five and Ruby.

1.)  Chomper is kicked out, or, fearing he'll harm the Great Valley, leaves on his own.  The Gang of Five and Ruby leave the Great Valley, never to return (or rarely to return) so that they can be with their friend, willing to risk even their own deaths.   :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry

However, the scenario which seems the best movie wise would be, that things get set in motion as he and the Gang of Five near adulthood and his loyalty is unknown, seeming to shake back and forth, but, at the climatic moment, he joins the heroes and defeats the bad guys and is allowed to stay in the Great Valley for life.   This one would be the best of both worlds, seeing a tension between him and the Gang of Five that we've never seen before while at the same time avoiding permanent enmity or even Chomper's death.  Or, if he doesn't want to live in the Great Valley, can live somewhere he can live nearby, perhaps with other Sharpteeth, including a family of his own, and he will eat Egg Stealers or whatnot and not Leaf Eaters and try and teach Sharpteeth to be nicer, and also he'd visit the Great Valley often.

Anyway, cross dietary friendships are quite prevalent in other films, including another one done by Don Bluth.

1.) Fieval and Tiger
2.)  Simba and Timon and Pumba
3.)  Luis and Naveen and Tiana
4.)  Diego and Manny
5.)  Alex and Marty

True, we could see something similar to what happened with Alex and Marty, but, hopefully, that's as far as it will go.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
i think there is hope for him besides insects.  He can get fish easily in the Great Valley and I doubt they would mind.  However, the more likely scenario is that Red Claw is driven out or even killed and Chomper goes back home and grows up.   However, as we'd all like to see what becomes of him, we'd all want him to come back anyway.

As for what he can eat, there's the fish thing.  There is also

No, not them, specifically, but you get my drift.  

Also, there are other things that he could eat and that the Great Valley wouldn't want around either:  for instance:

And, there is also Fast Biters.  That sounds reasonable.    And there is something else too, something actually not too far from the Great Valley.  Something the Great Valley wouldn't be that fond of either.  They might not hate them, but they probably don't love them that much either.

And, of course, there's these two goons too:  

Chomper is smart enough to find creative ways to solve the "How do I avoid eating Flatteeth ?" problem.