The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ali is back!!! I thought this day would never come

Noname · 79 · 14094

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
I noticed it, but there is another possible thing, she could be hanging around the valley and they not seeing her around for a few of them and then she appears in another episode or two, I just don't really know what they playing at. But I seen something like this happen a few times in other series, where a old long lost friend stays at the end then not there in the next.

Another idea is they gone to play and the next episode based a few days or weeks afterwards or the episodes are not in sequel at all. It could be that Ali wil make another appence :) who knows what happens.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
In My mind they should just have added her into the group. That would bring it to 8 by my calculations. Ruby really hasn't established herself as "one of the gang' yet to me...Chomper goes way back with the gang, so I could see him in there. Bringing Ali in would allow her to flesh out her backstory-what happened s\after LBT4- how she met rhette.. etc..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
But that would put two Sauropods in the group, three if Rhett is included. That seems to be unbalanced.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rhette would not be included, just Ali... Besides, having in her would bring it to an even number, and it would make the number of boys and girls even at 4 apiece
Boys: Littlefoot, Petrie, Chomper Spike
 Girls: Ali, Cera, Duckie, Ruby
 Currently there are more boys than girls.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I would have loved to have Ali in the gang. It was one of my dreams to have Ali and Littlefoot in the same gang in the TV series. Maybe when Chomper and Ruby leave the Great Valley Ali will become the sixth member of the group. What I can dream can't I?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chomper and Ruby aren't going to leave the valley though, they seem anchored in as members of the 'gang'...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I was excited too, I hope it's not the last time, this wasn't the greatest, but it was at least her return :D but i certainly hope they have her again, I prefer the old voice though

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ali sucked in this ep. Universal sure hates us, don't they? It's like they knew how much we were looking forward to seeing her again and completely trashed her...  <_<

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't think they made her this way because they "hate the LBT fans". My guess it was a completely new set of writers and it had been so long, so they weren't sure how to portray her.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yes, it always sucks having new writers. Have any of you seen "Suburgatory"? Season 1 was great, but season 2 mostly stinks, and my mom theorizes it's because of the new writers. I hope they fire them for season 3 :exactly

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't think it always sucks to have new writers. And I definitely don't want anyone to get fired over something like this. :neutral Perhaps just hope that they will learn to get a better handle on writing the characters instead.  

On a slightly interesting note, when I was a kid I really wanted Ali to make her return, but as the sequels went on she never showed up and that kinda annoyed me. Then by the time the writers actually put her in an episode of the show I had completely lost interest in seeing her.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Mar 27 2012 on  08:56 AM
I don't think they made her this way because they "hate the LBT fans". My guess it was a completely new set of writers and it had been so long, so they weren't sure how to portray her.
Me too but did you know that Ali appeared on the film of Land Before Time 4: Journey Through The Mists?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Befo...rough_the_Mists
She is Littlefoot's cousin, part of Littlefoot's family. :DD  :smile  :lol  :p
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah when I first saw this episode I was like what the heck did they do to her? She was once a decent character now she is a god awful character.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 14 2013 on  06:52 PM
Yeah when I first saw this episode I was like what the heck did they do to her? She was once a decent character now she is a god awful character.
I know that Ali's mother was with the herd. When Grandpa Longneck was sick, Old One needed to cure him from his illness.
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
First I'm happy they brought Ali back but the way they brought her back is a complete fail if you ask me. The ep was more about Rhett than about Ali :(
It seems there isn't any chance for Ali fans like me for another return since LBT studios seems to be closed  :cry
The ep itself was good somehow  :blink:
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thought the episode wasn't good at all. I thought some parts where okay others made me wanna shut my T.V. off back than but didn't I stuck through the 30 minutes of pain. Ali in movie four was awesome at first she was a bit racist and mean towards Little Foot's Friends because they where different from her but she managed to not be racist and accept all the different kinds of dinosaurs. In the episode god help me. She was totally different and to em was very annoying.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I hated how gullible they made Ali in the TV series, and now I wish they had never made her return. When it said at the end of the fourth movie that the gang would meet Ali again, I was hoping for her return, but this disappointed me. It wasn't really centred around Ali's return at all, but she just seemed to be a mere plot device for Rhett, who is just a complete... ugh.

The lack of excitement from the rest of the gang also surprised me. My mum just texted me saying that she had just met my old school teacher in the pub, and I nearly screamed with happiness! I don't get why the rest of the gang went straight into plotting against Rhett rather than showing some happiness about Ali's return, or even going to greet her.

I didn't hate this episode, but I didn't like it much, either. There was so much more that could have been done with the story. They could have focused a bit more into Ali actually reuniting with the whole gang, and personally, I would have liked to see a little bit of interaction between the Old One and Littlefoot's Grandparents, too. Well, it seems that the grown ups never really played much of a big role in the TV series anyway.

Another complaint about Ali's character... she went from not accepting different kinds of dinosaurs at all to accepting them too quickly. I agree with a lot of members here who have said that she should have been more reluctant to be friends with Chomper especially. I think this would have made the story more interesting and may have made more sense with Ali's character.

That's about all I have to say on the matter for now. Overall, not a great episode in my opinion. And BOY are Ali's eyes blue?! :blink:

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I guess they could have done it so much better at all in the Tv- series... The ep should have been a whole movie... maybe someone can write a fanfiction about that... I would, but... uhm... that'd be too much work atm  :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'd love to see that as well. And if you do i'd read it and support it. The episode could have been a lot better but wasn't.