The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky's voice from 7 onwards

Guest · 3 · 903

Bruton the Iguanodon

I really liked how starting with 7 Ducky has a more mature, confident sounding voice rather then the babyish voice she had the first 6 films Don't get me wrong, I loved Judith Barsi as Ducky---her story is so sad  :cry ---but after a while Ducky wet from being cute and lovable to annoying and predictable. By 6 she felt practiacally inconsequential to the series.

But 7 was her big comeback appearence, I thought. With her cange in voice, Ducky was suddenly loveable again, seeming mature while at the same time vulnerable, which went very well together. And whenever she was frustrated, you could actually hear the frustration in her voice, whereas before...before she never really got frustrated as much.Not since movie 1 had she been this interesting, and it was the most loveable she had been since 4.

I just really like her voice in the later films. It helped to make her suddenly likeable again, and I feel like with 7 she shed her "babyish side" and grew up a bit. That's good---she needed to. It was fine in 1, but by 6? Yeah, she needed to change.

On the otherside,  thought it was by this time that Petrie had become too annoying to really like anymore.

But these are just my opinions. What about yours?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ Actually Ducky has been voiced by the same voice actor, Aria Noelle Curzon, ever since the fifth movie. There has been no change of voice actor after the sixth movie. Perhaps her voice changed about the age of 13 (which would have been her age by the time the seventh movie was made).

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yes, I knew that. Aria's voice wasn't much to begin with---she doesn't sound great on "Always There", a little too hoarse for my liking, although I have a funny feeling it may have been cause Ducky was crying. But by 7 she was doing great!

I can only imagine how good Judith would have been if she had lived to adolescence  :cry I mean, the original Cera voice actor returned, so it's entirely possible that Judith could have.

Anyways I don't want to end this post on a depressing note so I'll just say, Ducky's voice starting with 7 is great and a tremendous relief, seeing as she was becoming bland, Comparing the Ducky of 1-6 to the one of 7-13 is like comparing "The Rescuers" and "The Resucuers Down Under". They're the same thing, sort of, but the second is, from what I've heard, so much more interesting and likeable then the original. I know this might sound like a weird comparision, but like I said, her voice in 7 marked a huge improvment on her character---it's this that helped her become #2 on my list of favorite characters.  :)