The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Super Smash Brothers (all)

Tails_155 · 396 · 26506

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Well Pit only appeared in one game too back in 1986 and he still made it in.  So I'm not surprised.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chikara,Dec 14 2007 on  04:07 AM
Speaking of "playing differently", am I the only one who hopes the unlockable characters won't have cloned move-sets this time?
Nope. ;)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Meh, I just realised I'm going to have to change preferred character again since Marth probably won't be there this time.
I'm more then likely going to have to switch characteres as well because Falco was a clone of Fox, oh well, a lot of the new characters look promising so im not too worryied.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I like the new idea of the Mario Kart themed stage. :) However, the mass amounts of Shy Guy drivers seems not quite like the original games, but, then again, I guess this is to avoid Mario crashing into Mario (or, mabey worse, Luigi crashing inti Mario :lol ). It seems that there was a Mario Kart game where a Shy Guy driver made a special appearance, but I can't quite remember which one. It was one of the portable ones, I think....

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It was for the DS, on single card download play, the person without the game would play as Shy Guy.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember seeing the Mario Kart stage in an earlier stage. I'm glad they decided to include it for the final version. ^^ I always loved the Mario Kart series.

About the clones, I have a feeling they won't be in the game this time. I think Sakurai mentioned all the movesets would be different.

It also appears that Waluigi will be making an apperance as an AT. I remember people complaining about this at the Vglan fourms because they wanted him as a playable character, but I have to strong disagree on that. He would not make a good playable character. He's better off an AT IMO.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't have a Wii, and my parents won't let me get a job, but I will take money out of my iPhone bank account (I'm saving up to get an iPhone) to get the Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. My first game was Super Smash Brothers, my first GameCube game was Super Smash Brothers Melee. I will continue the pattern.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Favorite Characters for SSB: Kirby, Samus, Fox, Link, Pikachu

Favorite Characters for SSBM: Marth, Link, Kirby, Falco, Zelda

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Sigh, it looks like SSBB is going to continue the trend of big Nintendo titles. According to a magazine here:

US release: February. UK release: "not before July".

:cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I just love SSB. It is an awesome 4-player fighting game.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i was just looking on the smash bros site, and i decided to look at the japanese site, and i found this:

The box art for the game! At least, an early version of it.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Chikara,Jan 8 2008 on  11:41 AM
Sigh, it looks like SSBB is going to continue the trend of big Nintendo titles. According to a magazine here:

US release: February. UK release: "not before July".

:cry  :cry  :cry  :cry  :cry
That's not what I've heard! Apparently, I've heard wind that SSMB is due out in the UK between 25th Jan and Feb 1st. Most online websites are quoting these two weeks but they are obviously subject to alteration. Got my fingers crossed for these 2 weeks.  :D

Also, does anyone happen to know what Solid Snake's Final Smash is?!  :unsure: I was thinking maybe he'd jump into a Metal Gear machine of some sort and blast the screen to obvilion, but both Rex and Ray are the environmental hazards of Snake's home stage (Shadow Moses Island) so I'm sorta obliged to think that this won't be his final smash attack. Anyone know of it?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
i don't know, he might get in the Shagohad (a tank capable of launching intercontinental ballistic missiles), the metal gear that was in the 3rd game, and it would control the same way as Fox's Landmaster. It will be interesting to see what it will actually be.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Jan 8 2008 on  08:45 PM
i don't know, he might get in the Shagohad (a tank capable of launching intercontinental ballistic missiles), the metal gear that was in the 3rd game, and it would control the same way as Fox's Landmaster.
Ah! I thought that too but there's a flaw there that makes me think otherwise. The Snake in MGS3: Snake Eater was NOT Solid Snake you play as in MGS 1 and 2. MGS3 takes place a good 30ish years before MGS1, so it wouldn't technically tie in with Solid Snake's mission history (coz it wasn't him who fought the Shagohad).

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
ah i guess that makes sense. I don't know that much about the games. I've only seen my brother go through the 3rd game and heard things about the first 2.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
One of my only complaints about the series is that the fighter's abilities and strengths are scaled up or down in an unnatural way from the real games, as in cheapening some characters like Samus (Let's face, it, though, letting her on a battlefield would be condemning everyone else to their deaths, except mabey a few select others.), elevating some characters like Mario (Fireballs all of the time? No fire flower? Really!?), and just plain changing others around (I didn't know Fox could do those fancy fire jumps like that! That sure would have come in handy in Star Fox Adventures!), etc. Of course, I can't really blame the makers for doing this, since the game wouldn't even be a real contest because some of the characters would never have a chance, and it just wouldn't be balanced.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Uh.... :blink:

In my opinion, though, they would have been better off not putting him in the game, not like this, anyway. As I understand it, the Captain is about the height of a United States quarter. However, that wouldn't make for a good game, so they inflated and blew into him until he grew many times his original size. It makes him playable as a main character, but it ruins the dynamics of the "Marioverse". I think they should have left him out, made a way for him to grow easily in combat or otherwise be useful, or gave him a more minor role. I don't think this was the way to do it, even if I am a Pikmin fan and have both games.

TheNumberOneShmuck

• Spike
    • View Profile
Every time you take Smash Bros too seriously, Masahiro Sakurai cries. Please don't make him sad :(

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I hope that Captain Falcon appears in SSBB. I will be sorely upset if he isn't.