Beyond the Mysterious Beyond > The Fridge

The 2010s: The Land Before the 2020s

<< < (2/2)

StardustSoldier:
I graduated from high school in 2007 and then spent the next couple of years working around at various odd jobs, before I decided to return to school, so much of my 2010s was dedicated to my post-secondary. I spent a good seven years at college. I took General Studies in my first year, as I didn’t really know what area specifically I wanted to focus on. After that, it was my father’s idea for me to enter into Multimedia Production, which took up my focus from my second year and onward. Multimedia Production was only a two-year program in itself, but due to the high work load, my dad and I felt it would be best to extend it to three years for me, reducing a bit of the course load per semester. Then I picked up another part-time job in the meantime, so I decided to extend it further to four years.

It was in my fourth year of Multimedia Production (and fifth year of college overall) that I ended up failing one of my courses. So thus, I ended up doing one more year and had to re-do that course; thankfully that time I did pass it, and I finished off the rest of the program and got my diploma! After that, I went back to college for one final year, taking General Studies again. At that point it was largely just for the fun of it. I did consider doing more courses after that, but by that point I was burnt out on college and wanted to turn my attention to other things.

I used to post on forums quite a lot from 2007 to 2009, but I had numerous unpleasant experiences there, so it was a pastime I eventually drifted away from. Similar to Owls, I have a long list of mistakes and regrets which are buried behind old usernames. :p Thus, I didn’t really have a big online presence throughout much of the 2010s, as I was disillusioned from all my bad experiences. I have been a regular visitor to TV Tropes since 2011, which has a set of forums of its own, but even there it was mostly the wiki and editing side of the website where I was active. It wasn’t until this forum itself when I began to re-discover the fun of online communities.

My one-year anniversary with the Gang of Five is coming up before too long here (on March 29th), so I’ll save the rest of my thoughts for when I do my anniversary post. But I can say without a doubt that this is the best online community I’ve ever been involved in. I’m so happy I found this place, and I hope to be a regular here for a long time still to come.
:^^spike

Petrie:
My post will be pretty short, but I know my interest in LBT had been waning for a while and it certainly pretty much disappeared save for the amazing qualities of the first film.  So in the 2010s, I can't say LBT had any real impact on me as I was working full time, trying to keep my head in the game, and exploring other things more deeply than I had previously (namely the furry fandom, which I had been quasi in since 2003).  The original LBT will always have a spot in my heart.  :)petrie

StardustSoldier:

--- Quote from: StardustSoldier on February 14, 2020, 06:32:04 PM ---My one-year anniversary with the Gang of Five is coming up before too long here (on March 29th), so I’ll save the rest of my thoughts for when I do my anniversary post.

--- End quote ---

Ah, I never did get around to doing up my anniversary post. Oh well, I may still do a belated anniversary post sometime.

Silver the Pterosaur:
I'm very late, but.....

Ahh, the 2010s was quite an adventure. I wonder what the 2020s will hol............
*2020, Coronavirus/George Floyd international protests*
 :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH :GuidoAAAAAHHHHHH

(Just so you know, I am for the protests to end systemic racism, but so much violence was involved.)

Compsognathus:
The start of 2010s was very bad for me, I suffered a lot in years 2010-2012 with my mental illness. After that it slowly became better, I finished High school in 2014, and even though I did not succeed at studying university, my life started to get more normal in 2014. I had a lot, lot of good time by playing chess whole decade. I also started running regularly in 2016. In 2018 I started to work part-time as a security guard, after that a post office worker, and then I returned to the same place as security guard in 2019, where I am until now.
Since 2015 I started to watch again LBT, and since 2016 I started to make more effort to learn languages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version