Important Announcements > Announcements

Emote reorganization

(1/6) > >>

Mumbling:
As mentioned in several topics, we have a bunch of emotes all over the place. We should decide on a few things:

* Which emotes to move to a separate pop-up [more] underneath the other emotes
* How to organize the emotes
This poll is created to decide on how to organize the emotes. We will need to discuss which emotes to move to the separate pop-up as well. Feel free to do so here.

Stardisk:
I've voted for the first variant (by creator). But I think it is not good idea to hide a part of emoticons in the separate window, because the hidden emoticons will not be used often.
To prevent the excessive height of emoticon panel, I would like to offer fixed height + vertical scroll for it.
Or move ALL the emoticons to the separate window.
 :littlefoot

Mumbling:

--- Quote from: Stardisk on October 12, 2020, 03:06:52 AM ---I've voted for the first variant (by creator). But I think it is not good idea to hide a part of emoticons in the separate window, because the hidden emoticons will not be used often.
To prevent the excessive height of emoticon panel, I would like to offer fixed height + vertical scroll for it.
Or move ALL the emoticons to the separate window.
 :littlefoot

--- End quote ---
Yes, that is something that might happen. I was also thinking of moving all emotes to make sure people don't miss out on any, but that makes adding emotes to a post even more a pain in the butt (especially on mobile) ;)

Fixed height could be an option, though again we would have to consider how that would look and work on mobile.

Stardisk:

--- Quote from: Mumbling on October 12, 2020, 03:11:50 AM ---Fixed height could be an option, though again we would have to consider how that would look and work on mobile.

--- End quote ---

Didn't see any problem :littlefoot

For this example I chose max-height 300px. Probably we can reduce the size of emoticons in the panel for mobiles.

Mumbling:
Cool! Will definitely consider that as an option then! @The Chronicler would that work for you too?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version