The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Insane Cafe 4: The Insane Frontier

Nick22 · 5633 · 290744

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
(Pottermore - Grimingtin)

Grimingtin was a remote town located on the peat marshes of northern Pottermore. It was was supposed to be Unplottable and was protected by Muggle Repelling Charms but thanks to a cursebreaker on Pinkstone's team, the charm had been dispelled. And now, in a coordinated protest, Muggles and Wizards alike swarmed the streets of the majority Pure-Blood town, marching and demanding that Pinkstone be freed and the Statute of Secrecy abolished.

-------------------------------------

(Hogwarts)

Captain Carson heard a small popping noise as a crumpled up ball of paper materialized out of thin air and fell onto her plate. She carefully unfolded the paper, now sticky with raspberry jam. She narrowed her eyes.

On the paper was a single word: Pinkstone. The ink then rearranged itself to read "5th floor, gargoyle, Fizzing Whizzbees"

She then showed it to the rest of her group. Of course, that only lasted a few seconds before the paper crumbled to dust in her hand.

(Myaardi)

Kire threw one of his solar spears, melting a sizable hole in one of the automated driller rigs. He turned to Ratchet, Clank and Angela. "Go!" he exclaimed, pointing to a cliff overhead that led to another tunnel as he took to the air, avoiding a blast from a mining laser from another drilling rig that sheared off a portion of rock overhead. "I'll meet you there in a little bit."

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tarrsx frowned as he looked at the note, which burned into ashes shortly after being read." Be on your guard Captain if you go. The Ministry is going after anyone who is linked to this Pinkstone, no matter how tenuously. There have been thousands of arrests so far, and as off worlders we would not be given any benefit of the doubt if they connected us to her." With all due respect, Tarrax, we can't just stay here and do nothing." Agumina said." I agree with Agumina Gabumon said." Chong is somewhere onnPottermore and we need to find him. I doubt he's here for the scenery or food." We should check out that location on the note. See if they can help us find him ." Spyro W said. Emanu stood up."Well, I'm going to check out the gargoyle. Who's coming with me?" I will Agumina said." Boss mon, you coming?" She said to Agumon ." Yes, I'm coming. Rings at the ready folks, just in case."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gungrave

• Reppin' my town; when you see me you know everything's black and yellow.
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Solutions Oriented
    • View Profile
[ P O T T E R M O R E ]

"Hmm." Threed mostly hummed to himself, but audibly enough for those in his party to spur him to share his thoughts.

With a sigh, Kit, as usual, took the bait. "Go on, Threed."

"This . . . place. It showed strong anomalous signatures when we first arrived in the Waverider, yet the signals are growing faint. Are we not closer to the source? This was where the waypoint lead us."

Kit could only shrug.

"Wait a second . . ." Just then, a waypoint pinged on Threed's scanner, pointing in the general direction of a large castle in the distance, looking almost ominous in this overcast weather. "There!" he exclaimed, dramatically jerking his finger toward it. Then, he noticed his scanner would show several pings, all in rapid succession, and then would go silent for a few moments. Then again pings, then again, silence.

Kit snatched Threed's arm when he took a step and nearly fell backwards onto her. "I'm all for trying to find the most important people and getting them to aid us, like we usually do, but maybe we should take it cautiously this time. We don't know if this is one of the timelines allied with Negos. We still don't even know if Chong's escape was orchestrated by Negos or if the two are working together." All fair points. Last Threed knew, the Chrononauts had taken over the monitoring of both Negos and Chong when they were defeated and captured. That they should break out at approximately the same time, with currently unknown whereabouts, spelled nothing good for the fate of spacetime, or at the very least several timelines. Intel was needed for these particular foes.

". . . Intel we'd only collect once we meet those in charge, reader."

"Huh? 'Reader'? Who are you talking to, Threed?"

"Wha-" Threed sputtered in disbelief. "The readers. The people who come across the forum and--"

"I don't care. Let's at least go stake out the castle and see what's what. If anything looks hostile or fishy, or any sign of collusion with Chong or Negos, and we let the Chrononauts handle it."

"B-But Kit. If they show up there won't be any fun for us."

The foxgirl folded her arms. "And?" But before Threed could reply, she was off, heading for the castle in distance that, to everyone but this intrepid duo, was known as Hogwarts, with her Triforian companion behind her.
T h e   Y e l l o w    M e n a c e

C H A R A C T E R S

Life. It's easier when one spends less time obsessing over the problem and more time focusing on their solutions.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the gates of hogwarts towered over the  duo. given that school was in session, the gates were locked for security purposes. there was however a magical version of an intercom on the left side of the gates. 'someone wishing to gain admittance would have to  write a message to the headmaster and put the message into a modified floo fire that burned in a small pit. the message would appear in Dumbledores office and if he granted entry the door would open. a note on the door read ' please wait 10 minutes for headmaster response."
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"So what's your name," Friedrich asked the stranger.

"Major Frank Anderson USAF. and yours," Frank asked Friedrich.

"Lieutenant Friedrich Donitz Luftwaffe." 

"Judging by the uniform I can make a fair guess when you're from."

"Last I heard the American air force was part of their army."

"It was but it's not anymore." The two men holstered their pistols.

"Dammed if I know. We're on a ship of some kind." The two stood up looking around.

"I think we should stick together. better than splitting up," Frank suggested.

"Agreed, plus we stand a better chance at whoever may be here," Friedrich agreed. The two men started walking down one of the hallways.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 A number of Spirian workers walked past the two military men without a second glance, they were so used to having a wide assortments of guests onboard they didnt pay the newcomers  any mind. there was a sign hung from the ceiling which read ' 2 miles to winterville- straight ahead", now and then the lights in the hallway changed color.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gungrave

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Solutions Oriented
    • View Profile
[ P O T T E R M O R E ]
Outside Hogwarts (Main Gate)

Threed darted behind a boulder and peered over its top. "Hmm," was all he muttered before revealing a pair of binoculars from his coat and putting them to his face.

Kit's eyes rolled so hard one would think them in danger of being stuck. "What are you doing now?"

"Be careful rolling your eyes like that," Threed replied. "They may get stuck." He returned to the binoculars. Scouting the area beyond the gate, he noticed a few wizards going about, holding their wands or carrying broomsticks, but otherwise the campus seemed fairly light in activity. "Looks like they have a sentry on the left . . . and one on the right." Kit opened her mouth to say something, but Threed jerked her behind the boulder and to his side. "They're armed with five-five-sixers and pineapples."

". . . What?"

"Well, I can't just knock on the door and ask them to let us in." Threed continued almost forgetting Kit was there.

In response to this, Kit stood up and walked over to the floo fire, revealing a pen and paper, and began to write.

"Kit? What are you doing? Get back here and help me conduct reconnaissance."

She ignored Threed and continued writing.

To Whom It May Concern,

I'm Kit ibn Kit, and me and my partner, Threed Fourson, have come from far away.
We are . . . detectives trying to apprehend fugitives, and believe Hogwarts may be in danger.
Even us telling you this may potentially put you in the crosshairs of some very bad, very
powerful people.
Time is of the essence, and we would appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,
- Kit

"Done." She casually threw the note in the fire and leaned against the gate. "You can come out of hiding now, Bravo Six. All we had to do was write a missive and drop it in this fire."

Threed slowly stood up from his hiding place. "Hmm? O-Oh! I knew that! I was only testing your stealth skills and luckily for you, you've passed. Marginally, though. So we'll have to have you train in recon and intelligence before you enter into the big leagues."

"Right. Now hush for once and wait. The person in charge has ten minutes to get back to us. Not complicated at all."

"I'm going to keep gathering intel from my vantage point, just in case."

"You do that."

And so, the duo waited for a response . . .

C H A R A C T E R S

Life. It's easier when one spends less time obsessing over the problem and more time focusing on their solutions.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the floo fire suddenly burned a bright blue and the gate swung open ' please meet professor McGonagal in the main hall. anything involving magical security is in her department. she will be awaiting your arrival. please try to be punctual' dumbledores voices echoed from the loudspeaker' Welcome to Hogwarts detectives." a path wound up the hill through a rich and dense forest to the castle above. 
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Hey Friedrich I have a question," Frank asked.

"Yes?"

"Are the two legged walking animals normal where you're from?"

"I take it they aren't where you're from?"

"Nope."

"Well, you'll get used to it." Friedrich paused to look at the sign. "Guess we're going to Winterville."

"Guess so," Frank replied. The two continued walking down the path to Winterville "Any idea what we'll find there?"

"Nope."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
stripetail magicked back into the room stepping out of the fire. ' don;t forget everyone. Po and Jing's wedding is at 11 am sharp. dont be late, everyone.' there are 5 gods that will give a magic blessing on the couple ,  that will make their days carefree , their burdens light and their home peaceful. " i dont really have a formal dress ' Gabuna admitted. '  I'll create one for you Gabuna. same with Angel, she needs something to highlight her tentacles on her head. "Stripetail said
 tried a row of scrunchies things. didnt work ' Angel said with a sigh. mesa have to wear tux the whole time ?' stitch asked ' its a very formal occasion, Stitch so yes. ' do i have to dres up too boss?' Nimona asked the wizard ' yes, Nimona, wear something that you think will be some  mix of modern yet in good taste.  sir ballister?' I'll just wear the armor sir.' the knight said.
-
 Po was fast asleep at this point, and dreams came easily to him ' walking with jing down a tropical beach. putting up picture frames in the mansion. boyh his dad and hers making not very subtle suggestions about names of grandsons and granddaughters.  jings face reflected in the moonlight. Over several dates Po had come to know JIng, and liked her. really liked her. she was extremely openly affectionate, but PO had gotten used to it. in fact on their last date, he and jing had made out for nearly an hour straight.. and po had inadvertently gotten to second base wiuth her. Jing had giggled as his face had turned red ' Now , Now, no sneak peeks, my big strong dragon warrior. the real fun will happen in the honeymoon suite, and also  on the beach.. and well anywhere i darn well feel like it ' Jing had said laughing mirthfully. " I'm going to be MR Dragon Warrior.. and have Mrs Dragon Warrior as well ' Po said to himself as he roused briefly ' you know what? ' I[m ready for this."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 10:38:58 PM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
(Wedding)
  stripetail peered over the lectern as the last minute preparations were put into poace. Viper, tigeress of the moon, mantis and furious Five %Tigeress were all setting up chairs for both sides of the aisle. everyone was dressed for the occasion. Kopa and Kovu ere dressed regally , while kiara and Vitani wore tiaras benefitting their status. '  Remind me again, Kiara? Which row are we in,,?' Vitani asked as Sima helped set up the red carpet, which was wide and huge to accommodate the big girths of the bride and groom.  " row 4, towards the middle. stripetail put little name tags on each seat, kovu dear, let me straighten your flower just a little bit . Hold Still ' Kiara said moving the corsage slightly to the left, and tightening the tie Kovu wore ever so slightly. Vushu  Emanu and Utsa were placing  programs on each seat, while Dragon was trying her claws at playing the piano . ' shes wasnt bad, a missed key here and there, but nothing too serious.   30 minutes to the ceremony everyone ' Plux flew around the room.' 30 minutes. ' Skylar was trying to get a  armband bouquet over Arm, with little success, next to her Kay was dressed in his warrior attire, while Su Ling was doing some last minute eyelash trimming . Eris, Elida and Biyomon were flying around getting  an aerial view of the approaching ceremony. ' nothing  but clear skies ' Eris radioed stripetail. ' Good work your highness.' Stripetail radioe back. ' behind him one of mawashii shrines had been ' borrowed for the occasion.  Po and his fathers, both mr pIng and Li Shan were the first of the party to arrive.  Po was dressed ion his dragon wrrior colors, with a tioe with symbols of his flame ball control moving around. '  Li Shan straightened his tie ' Chin up son. this is the biggest day of your life, the day you truly become a man, ' Li shan said '; I wish your mother was here tio seee this. Knowing her, she would be weaping tears of joy.'
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mr. Ping of course was also one of many restaurateurs who had contributed food for the ceremony. Simply put, even if it had only been the bride and groom eating, a literal TON of gourmet delights would be required. Noodles, dumplings, cakes, and various baked goods had been prepared.

"I'm so proud of you, my daughter," the Panda King smiled warmly to Jing. "Today is the first day of the next chapter in your life. I know Po will make you the happiest you've ever been, and I hope one day your mother will see you the way you are now."

"Thank you father," Jing nodded respectfully. "I've dreamed of this day since I first met Po."

A special section was reserved for divines. Oliver, Tiger, Panty, and Ozai were among the ones who got these special seats.

"Wow......there really are tons of benefits to being a god," Tiger grinned, this being the first event he was invited to as a divine.

"You'll get used to it," Ozai nodded.

Gungrave

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Solutions Oriented
    • View Profile
[ P O T T E R M O R E ]
Outside Hogwarts (Main Gate) -> Entrance Path -> Main Hall

Kit strode up the path, while Threed emerged from his hiding spot to follow. He fumbled with his coat, likely looking for another gadget. When he couldn't produce it, he sighed woefully. "Four-dimensional geospatial technology and I can never find the right thing when I need it."

Kit hummed in response. "So, here's the plan. I'll speak with Professor McGonagal and bring her up to speed on what's going on beyond Hogwarts and why we're here."

"Excellent, Kit! What's my role in this?"

"You're going to be less . . . you."

Threed blinked. "That's not nice. Not very nice at all."

That earned a tiny smirk from Kit. The two eventually reached the entrance to the main hall. A large, wooden door stood before them.

Kit put a hand on the door and paused, turning to Threed. "Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained."

"Come what may, we are ready my young protege!"

Threed's hand went on the other door half, and the two pushed them open. What greeted them was . . .

C H A R A C T E R S

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
 The main Hall towered in front of them. candles floated in the air. far above them the ceiling was enchanted to resemble a clear night sky. " Welcome to the Great Hall. I am Professor McGonagal." Said a middle aged witch in bright green robes, in the front of the hall. "  The headmaster mentioned something about  magical security and that I am to be the liaison between you and Hogwarts.  please, have a seat ' she motioned to a pair of open chairs. "So , what  can I do for you, detectives? she asked.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 01:32:56 AM by Nick22 »
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Friedrich and Frank continued down the path until they approached a portal. Above the portal was the name Winterville.

"Well here we are."

"Yep." Frank sighed.

"Let's get going then." The two walked into the portal unsure of what they would find.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
winterville was a large town- for lack of a better word- inside The spire ' the place was filled with shops and  stores and the rich aroma of freshly baked goods  filled the air.  the Winterville inn advertised  ' rooms for rent' and the Winterville cafe  was showcaseing a  ' 3 cent sodas amnd 5 cent burgers' special. here and there residents of the towns walked about, some in armor, others not.  digimon, fongoids, and residents from Pony Planet, Skylands and Chima all were making the rounds. ' hey there fellas!" a jolly portly  pony said to Frank and freidrich from behind a stall. ' care to try my new double glazed doughnut?  The First one is free!"
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Um, sure." Frank said walking over.

""That sounds good." Friedrich said. The two walked over to the stall.

"You got any coffee as well?" Frank asked.

"I haven't had coffee in... God knows how long."

Frank looked around taking in the sights. "What can you tell us about this place?"

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Winterville? its the main hub of the ship. you have ship staff, people who've hired on to pay for seeing the cosmos, and tourists.  theres a  park area if you like to hike, a pond area if you like to fish and a beach area if you like swimming. the main city area is designed to feel like a big city on any developed planet. Make folks feel more at ease you know? anyway, you want coffee, i have 15 different flavors! they are on the board up there..  Whoops! sorry! forgot to hang it up today! Hold on " the  pony said, as he reached behind him and hung up a white billboard listing the coffee flavors he offered. ' Just choose which flavor you like! I'm got Lion Regal, Wizards magic, Pepper breath, Blue Blaster, Lombax special, Dragon's Delight and a few pony planet based flavors.  First cup is free gents!' he said cheerfully.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Gungrave

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Solutions Oriented
    • View Profile
[ P O T T E R M O R E ]
Hogwarts Castle (Great Hall)

As the two took their seats, Threed decided to start before Kit could cut in. "It's not a case of how you can help us, Professor. It is a case of how we can help you avoid total destr--ow!" Kit pinched Threed's elbow before he could tank the meeting with Professor McGonagal before it even fully began.

"Real sutble, Threed. Just drop everything on her like that."

"Wha--but this is literally how I was instructed at the Academy."

"Okay, and? We're clearly not on Triforia, are we?" Before Professor McGonagal decided this was a pair of clowns and kicked them out, Kit got in there with some damage control. "Apologies, ma'am. My friend here is special. Anyway, we're detectives chasing some very bad--"

"And powerful," Threed cut in."Don't forget powerful."

"Very bad and powerful fugitives."

Seeing his chance, Threed shot to his feet. "This is where I come in!" He cleared his throat and began. "We tracked an anomalous disturbance that led here, to this very timeline, to this very place. At first, I had concerns, you see. Concerns that our big bads had gotten their mitts on you and your world. I am beyond relieved to learn such is not the case. But--ah, allow me to make this simple before I continue. Does the name Chong mean anything to you, Professor? Or perhaps Negos? Might be using the moniker Mr. Negativity."

C H A R A C T E R S

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"I think I'll try the Lion Regal," Fredrich said. scratching the back of his neck.

"Aw hell, I'll take the dragon delight," Frank said.

"Know of any places to get clothes or take a shower?"

"I definitely could use one. You won't believe how much how much these flight suits start to smell after long hours of flying."

"A lot I bet Frank."

"And we can talk about things while we drink our coffee."

"Yeah," Friedrich sighed. He knew both him and frank had a lot of questions to ask the other.