The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I made a promise to all of you, and I am willing to keep it this time around.  However, before I do so, I want to set a few ground rules.

1: Do not flame, bash, spam or troll under ANY circumstances.  There is absolutely NO reason for it, and if you do, I'm sure the mods will be more than happy to deal with you.  However, creative critizisim is completely allowed.

2: Do not cirtizie me for length of the chapters.  I have a tendacy to write short chapters.  I set a plot for every chapter and once it's fulfilled, it ends.  This, often times, causes short chapters within my stories.  So just throw that "Not Long Enough" comment out the window and deal with it.

3: Hate speeches are prohibited.  I will be putting EVERY LBT Charcter into this story at one point or another, and I am going to go further in rating than the franchise, so I know I am bound to have hate speeches posted here.  We don't like them and we don't want them, so forget it.

4: Aside from the above rules, comment as you wish.

Okay, with the ground rules out of the way, time to get the legal mumbo-jumbo out of the way.

Disclaimer: This is a fanfiction of the LBT Franchise.  All LBT-related charcters featured in this fic are property of Universal Studios and their related companies.  I hold no relationship to them whatsoever.  This fanfic is not being made for the purpose of a profit but for the purpose of entertainment.  All legal rights reserved.

Well, time to fulfill that promise.

Please enjoy the fic and don't hesitate to give a review. :)

-------

Google Docs Link: Prologue

The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali

Prologue

The desert wind blew sand around the traveling migrating herd of nearly a hundred longnecks total.  The leader of the herd, who was very old with age, braved through the sandstorm as she guided the herd to the next destination.  Within the herd of longnecks, one of the young ones was walking right behind her mother to keep as much sand as possible out of her eyes.  She grunted against the wind and spat out in disgust at any sand that got in her mouth.

She really didn’t like the idea of traveling through a sandstorm.  It was nothing new to her, but the storm was getting rather relentless.  It was near a point where it would be foolish to continue, and the young female seemed to sense this somehow.

“Mother, could you tell the Old One to stop?  I think the ësand wind’ is getting too rough!” She yelled in a pleading tone.

“I’ll try, Ali!” Her mother promised to her.

The adult female walked as fast as she could to catch up with the leader.  It didn’t take her long to reach the Old One.

“Old One!” She yelled, getting the leader’s attention. “Little Ali thinks the wind is getting too rough to continue!  Perhaps we should stop!” She suggested.

The leader known to the herd as Old One started to consider her thought.  She wanted her herd to make it to the next destination quickly, for they were within the area where getting attacked by sharpteeth was highly possible.  Even though the sandstorm was good cover for them, it indeed seemed foolish to continue.

She nodded at the suggestion. “Listen up, everyone!  We’re going to stop until the storm settles!  Rest until then!” She commanded.

The rest of the herd gave a silent sigh of relief and settled down to rest.

“Thank you, Old One!” Ali’s mother sighed, feeling grateful.

“We can’t risk losing the children.  They’re the future of this herd.” She said as she went away to rest herself.

Ali sighed in grateful relief.  While within dangerous areas, the herd would circle around the children when they rested.  This was mainly for the purpose of being protected from predators.  However, it also provided protection from wind and heat.

Ali looked around at the other longneck children within the protective circle.  Some were younger than she was and some were older, but all were strong enough to keep up with the herd.

“Hey, Ali!” A young male voice called to her.

Ali looked in the direction of the voice and smiled when she saw her friend. “Hi, Ret!” She greeted back. “I’m glad we got to rest.  I really hated getting all that sand in my mouth. Ugh!” She complained in disgust.

The leaf green-eyed male laughed at the turquoise-green eyed female. “Yeah, so did I!”

They were about to continue in their conversation when they suddenly started to feel the ground rumble beneath them.  The shaking within the earth and the fear in the two longnecks started to intensify.  The ground started to shake beneath them.

The entire herd was stunned by fear as the earth shook vigorously beneath them.  Cracks started to appear on the ground, ripping it apart with unknown strength.  The cracks came towards the herd of longnecks.

“Everyone, run!” Old One commanded.

The order knocked the herd back to their senses and they started to run, kicking up sand in their wake.  Ali and Ret were in the path of the dust and it got into their eyes and mouth, causing them to cough while rubbing their eyes.  Being temporarily blind, the two longnecks could not see the crack that was headed towards them.

“Ali, Ret, run!” Ali’s mother called out.

However, it was too late.  The ground split beneath the two.  Ali’s mother could only watch helplessly as her only daughter fell into the depths of the earth.

---End Prologue---
-------------

Well, I hope you enjoyed that.

Once again, please review, and I'll see ya all later! B)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, I gotta admit, it was pretty good.  I was wondering if you plan to have Rhette and Littlefoot get into some sort of confrentation in an attempt to win Ali's atttention and admiration.  That'd be interesting.  Anyway, keep up the good work! ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 8 2007 on  02:23 AM
Well, I gotta admit, it was pretty good.  I was wondering if you plan to have Rhette and Littlefoot get into some sort of confrentation in an attempt to win Ali's atttention and admiration.  That'd be interesting.  Anyway, keep up the good work! ;)
I do plan on exploring the love triangle that debuted in the TV Series.  It is the first LBT love triangle I actually have a fondness for within the franchise.  Littlefoot and Ret competing for Ali's heart.  What's a girl to do when she loves them both? :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What's a girl to do when she loves them both?
In that case most of the time one of the guys is going to find a tragic but heroic end giving his blessings to the remaining couple with his last breath. Or else the other guy may have had a hand in the tragic fate of the "one guy too much". Maybe the girl could kill of both of them :lol
I don't think any of these approaches is of much value in an LBT story ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It was a rehtorical question, Malte. :P:

But I'd say that the "one of the guys is going to find a tragic but heroic end giving his blessings to the remaining couple with his last breath" deal would work the best with LBT. :D

Now, as a hint for the next chapter, a guest charcter shall appear.  This charcter only appeared in one LBT movie during the early years of LBT and never appeared in the TV Series.  Can you guess who? ;)

Answer will be revealed 7/15 when the next chapter is posted.

Well, see ya later. :^.^:

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
my best guess is Archie XD I'mma be gone on the fifteenth tho :(

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, here's the next chapter.  So, who is it?

Read and find out. ;)

------

Google Docs Link: Chapter 1: Lost & Broken
Chapter 1: Lost & Broken

Chapter 1

Lost & Broken

Deep within the new chasm, it was extremely dark, hardly showing any light.  Ali’s mother sorrowfully looked down into it and couldn’t see the bottom.

“Ali, dear!  Ali, can you hear me?  Ali!” She called out.

Only her echo called her back.  The brontosaurus started to cry for her loss.  Old One walked up to the tearful mother and rubbed her head along her own in a sign of comfort.  She did this with those that had previously lost someone as her duty to being the leader of the herd.

“It’s going to be okay.  You have to have faith that she is still alive, dear.” She said soothingly.

Ali’s mother sniffed, forced back the tears in her eyes and nodded at her wise leader.

“Everyone, let’s start our search to get to the young ones.  Hopefully they can find a way out and get back to us safely.” She told the herd.

Everyone nodded and the herd began their mission to be reunited with the ones that were recently lost.

Meanwhile inside the chasm, the two young longnecks laid on the ground in mild unconsciousness.  Ret was the first to awaken.  He shook his head to wake himself up as he groaned in pain.

“Ow!  That hurt!” He complained.

He looked up and could not see the top of the area they had fallen into.  He struggled to stand, but was able to do so.  He shook his head again and looked around the new cave.  He noticed the area held multiple paths.  There was no way to tell which direction would be the best to take.

Ret continued to look around the dark cave.  His eyes suddenly fell upon something that brought fear into his heart.  He spotted Ali lying on the ground in a state of unconsciousness.  What really scared him was that the legs looked like they were in an unnatural position.  Hoping she was still alive, Ret rushed up to her.

“Ali?  Ali, are you okay?” He asked worriedly, shaking her.

The shaking caused her to come out of her mild state of unconsciousness.  She groaned and opened her eyes.  Seeing this made Ret inwardly sigh in grateful relief.

“Ow!  What happened, Ret?” Ali questioned.

Ret looked up and only came to one conclusion. “It looks like that ëearthshake’ caused us to fall into an underground cave.”

“We’ve got to find a way to get back to our herd.” Ali told him.

She started to try and get up, but the moment she put weight onto her foot, pain rang through her body.

“Ow!” She cried as she collapsed back onto the ground.

“You okay, Ali?” Ret asked in concern.

“I think so.” Ali said as she tried starting with one of her other feet and met the same result. “Ow!” She cried as she fell to the ground again. “No!  I don’t think so!”

Ret leaned closer to her and carefully examined the legs. “I think they might be broken.” He concluded.

“Great!  Just great!  If sharpteeth were around, I’d be nothing more than dinner for them.” She complained.

Ret sighed. “We have to get back to the herd.”

“But I can’t walk like this!” She sighed in sadness.

Ret looked at her in concern.  He had to think of some way to get both him and Ali back to their family.  Suddenly, an idea hit him.  One that seemed a little uncomfortable to him, but one he was willing to go through nonetheless.

Ret turned around and so that his back was facing Ali. “Ali, climb onto my back!  I’ll carry you back to the herd.” He instructed her.

Ali was shocked by this decision he had made. “Are you sure you can carry me?  I mean, I’m not the lightest thing in the world, and carrying someone my size for too long could injure your back.”

“You want to be stuck in this cave forever?”

“Well, no!”

“Then do it!”

She obeyed, crawling up to him and then, using the muscles in her upper body, she hoisted herself onto his back.  Feeling her starting to climb on, Ret braced his body for the great amount of weight it was about to receive.  Ali got on and carefully adjusted her body into the most comfortable position possible that was also easiest for Ret.

“Okay Ret, I’m on!” She told him.

“Then let’s get out of here!” Ret said.

“Do you have the slightest idea of where to go?”

“No!” He simply said in disappointment.

“Just great!” She sighed in equal disappointment.

Hours into the walk and the duo of longnecks were just as hopelessly lost as when they had started.  For all they knew, they could’ve been going in circles the whole time, especially with the fact that there were multiple paths to take within the chasm.  Ali hated being able to do nothing more than just lie on her friend’s back as Ret led the way.

“So, where do you think this cave leads?” She asked, trying to start a conversation to get rid of her boredom.

“Hopefully back to the herd, or at least to somewhere where we can find someone who can mend your broken legs.” He said.

They then came to yet another fork in the path, just like the many others they had come across.  One path was leading up, while the other was leading down.

“Now which way?” Ali questioned.

“This way!” He concluded, taking the path to the right, which led upward.

Ali was a little concerned as to whether or not they were going the right way, but she kept quiet, putting her full trust in her friend.  However, the path they took soon led to the top of a steep hill.  Ret and Ali both looked down and could tell that someone could climb down it, if they were cautious.  However, it was also very easy to slip and the two longnecks knew well that, with Ret carrying Ali, it was not very wise to even try it.

“Guess we’re gonna have to go back.” Ret said.

Ali nodded and Ret turned around, but his back right foot started to slip when he accidentally touched the edge of the steep hill.  This caused his back left foot to slip and as a result, caused the two to suddenly slip down the steep hill.  The two longnecks gasped and screamed in terror as they slid down the hill.

The hill soon led to a small ledge that was completely horizontal.  The velocity the longneck duo was traveling at caused them to go flying off the ledge and into the air.  Gravity soon took over their bodies and caused them to fall to the earth.

The two longnecks soon hit, but it wasn’t the ground they had landed on.  It was something a little soft that had actually cushioned their fall and saved their lives.  Suddenly, what they had landed on started to move and roll over, causing them to hit the ground.  The two looked up at a creature that was obviously old of age due to the many wrinkles they could see.  The thing that gave its species away was the many bumps along the back that led to the tail.

“Oh, sorry for landing on you, sir.” Ali apologized.

“Humph!  And what might you kids be doing here?” The stranger asked.

“Well, we got separated from our herd by a terrible earthshake, and we’ve been looking for them since.”

“Hmm.  Well, I can’t say that I’ve seen any longneck herds around recently.  I’m sorry I can’t help you.”

“Maybe you can.” Ret said, approaching the unknown dinosaur. “Do you know of a safe place where we can go?  My friend’s leg got broken during the earthshake and we need to find someone who can mend it.”

“Hmm.  I think I might know a place.” He said, smiling at the kids. “Climb on!” He said and the two obeyed, grateful they could find somewhere safe to go.

“By the way, I’m Ali, and this is my friend, Ret.” Ali told him.

“I’m Rooter!” He greeted.  The trio then began their trek. “You know, Ali, you seem to remind me of someone I once ran into.” He began, getting a conversation going.

---End Chapter 1---
--------

What?  You don't remember Rooter from the original LBT?  For those who don't know, he was the old guy Littlefoot ran into after loosing his mother.  Let the old spikeback be praised for helping Littlefoot move on. :^.^:

Well, what did you think of that one?  Please Review. B)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice and entertaining to say the least. :) Why don't you go put this on fanfiction.net?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
This really is an entertaining story!!! I can't wait to read more....and now to end my review with a quote:

Why don't you go put this on fanfiction.net?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will post this on fanfiction.net, BUT only AFTER this month when I'm done presenting it here.

Remember that after this month, I'll be taking a break from this fic, so I want to get up as much as possible here first before I go and post it at other places through August.

Putting it up on fanfiction.net won't be a problem.  It's another place that is my only concern.  I've written tons of fanfiction for other franchises outside LBT.  Most have gone to the place I am concerned about first to be judged by others.  The place at hand holds special rules when it comes to making a fanfiction.  Let's just say that the people there tend to take writting a story a bit more seriously than others would.

What I really mean by this is that they really come after you when you make common beginning author mistakes. (spelling, grammer, puncuation, proper paragraphing, description, etc.) So it comes to understand that this will eventually be edited into a more professional quality throughout August.  After which, I shall then present it there and hope for the best.

So, in short, it WILL be presented at fanfiction.net, but I want to get some more chapters out of the way first before doing so. :)

Now, as a spoiler for the next chapter...

Red Claw and his thugs make an appearance.  Can the trio make it to the point of safety before becoming sharptooth food?

Find out next chapter.

Coming July 22.  Only at The Gang of Five Forum.

Well, I gotta go now!  See ya later! :^.^:

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hahahah! This is so awesome, man! Now this is how Ali should've really returned! I absolutely love it! I'm assuming this is the same Ret from the series, but you handled him way better. He's actually more of a friend then the way he acted in the series. Ali also appeares more smarter which I admire from you. Also, I wasn't expecting Rooter to make an apperance in the story, so that was pretty cool. I can only think of one other author that had Rooter show up, and that was none other than myself. Anyways, this is an awesome start! This is definitely gonna be one of my favorite LBT fanfics considering it looks very promising.

I'm glad to hear you'll post it on fanfiction.net eventually. You know it's a shame, not many of us authors strive to make a story look professional. If you ever seen other stories, you'd notice that most of the writers usually write horribly written story which contain Mary Sues, and the way people write them it looks like something you'd see when you're talking on AIM with words like: LOL or OMG etc. Also, have you noticed that almost all the stories I've seen are usually about relationships? Don't get me wrong, I look forward to see a relationship develop between Littlefoot and Ali, but most people don't write about plot. And the choices of stories are also the same. Most people write stories about...I don't know if I can say it here, but it begins with a Y and ends with I. It's really hard to find a story as good as this one, so I'm glad I saw it. Since it's a story about Ali, you can definatly expect me to pop my head in to read it. XD

Congrats on a fine chapter. The story is great, and I look forward to the future chapters.   :yes

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: KingdomKey23,Jul 16 2007 on  03:31 PM
Hahahah! This is so awesome, man! Now this is how Ali should've really returned! I absolutely love it! I'm assuming this is the same Ret from the series, but you handled him way better. He's actually more of a friend then the way he acted in the series. Ali also appeares more smarter which I admire from you. Also, I wasn't expecting Rooter to make an apperance in the story, so that was pretty cool. I can only think of one other author that had Rooter show up, and that was none other than myself. Anyways, this is an awesome start! This is definitely gonna be one of my favorite LBT fanfics considering it looks very promising.

I'm glad to hear you'll post it on fanfiction.net eventually. You know it's a shame, not many of us authors strive to make a story look professional. If you ever seen other stories, you'd notice that most of the writers usually write horribly written story which contain Mary Sues, and the way people write them it looks like something you'd see when you're talking on AIM with words like: LOL or OMG etc. Also, have you noticed that almost all the stories I've seen are usually about relationships? Don't get me wrong, I look forward to see a relationship develop between Littlefoot and Ali, but most people don't write about plot. And the choices of stories are also the same. Most people write stories about...I don't know if I can say it here, but it begins with a Y and ends with I. It's really hard to find a story as good as this one, so I'm glad I saw it. Since it's a story about Ali, you can definatly expect me to pop my head in to read it. XD

Congrats on a fine chapter. The story is great, and I look forward to the future chapters.   :yes
In my honest opinion, I feel that Ret only acted in such a way to get Ali's attention and become her friend because he has a crush on her.  So, yes, this is the same Ret, but only AFTER the episode he was presented in.  I also feel that being taught a lesson about lying had changed him for the better.  To me, by the end of the episode, he was willing to start over and do things right this time around.

His feelings for her still exist and I'm willing to explore them to make the story really have a plot.  The plot will really start to kick off when they make it to The Great Valley.

Oh, and if you think Rooter is going to be the only surprise guest in this, just wait.  I've got more to come.  After all, I did say I'm going to put ALL LBT charcters into the story.  So get ready for even more surprises. :) (Just wait until you see the plans I have for Swooper and Pat. ;))

Now, I hear ya with what you say about the way people tend to write a story.  It seems that there's hardly anyone who is willing to put some real effort into their story.  The place I was taught on how to present a story, that I plan to eventually post this at, has ZERO tolerance for mediorce writing.  They taught me quite well from the start and I shall always respect them for that.

Oh, and I think the word you can't say is sex related, right? ;)

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh, and I think the word you can't say is sex related, right?

Yes. (Shivers)  :x

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just wanted to butt in here and say that this is the best LBT fanfic I've ever read.  I'm gonna get mad if you stop writing before it's done.  It will drive me completely insane.  Please don't do that!

Love the paragraph organization.  Most people just slop it all together.  It makes it very unpleasant to read.  Keep up the good work.  Update soon!

Most people write stories about...I don't know if I can say it here, but it begins with a Y and ends with I

Call me dumb, but I haven't the faintest idea what that word could possibly be.  I'm not up to date on all the sex slang.  That's something I try to avoid. :rolleyes:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 17 2007 on  02:57 AM
Most people write stories about...I don't know if I can say it here, but it begins with a Y and ends with I

Call me dumb, but I haven't the faintest idea what that word could possibly be.  I'm not up to date on all the sex slang.  That's something I try to avoid. :rolleyes:
Trust me, you're better off not knowing.  However, if you must know, I guess a more apporpriate word we could use is homosexual/lesbian. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm sorry if this causes an inconvinence to anyone, but there is NO way I am getting the latest chapter today.  I promise though that I'll have it up as soon as I can.

In the meantime, here's an upcoming scene to enjoy and comment on:

(Note: Those of you who will beat me up for this scene, please do so with as harmless objects as possible.)

“Well then I would like to talk to the little lad and see how he’s doing.  I especially wonder if he ever got over his mother’s death.”

Ali smiled. “I’m pretty sure he-“

“Could you two keep it down?  I’m trying to get some rest!” Ret complained, interrupting Ali. “I’m exhausted from having to carry you around, Ali!” He then turned his back to her and tried to get back to sleep.

“I’m sorry, Ret, but I warned you that I wasn’t the lightest thing in the world.”

“Yeah, well… I didn’t want to leave you in that cave so you could end up as food to a sharptooth!”

“It’s very sweet what you’ve been doing for me, Ret.”

“Well, you’d do the same for me.  We’re best friends, right?”

“Sounds like you two are more than just friends.” Rooter joked.

The old spikeback didn’t need to look to tell that his two passengers were blushing.

“Just shut up and let me rest, okay?” Ret yelled furiously and tried to get back to sleep.

Rooter just chuckled and continued on their journey.

Just a little scene that popped into my head while I was writing it that I couldn't resist putting in.  Remember, in this story, Ali has feelings for both Littlefoot AND Ret.  This is the kind of stuff that makes a love triangle more appealing to me.  Which might explain why I like the main love triangle in "Fruits Basket" so much. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, here it is after a two-day delay.

The newest chapter is now finished.  Please Enjoy! :)

--------------

Google Docs Link: Chapter 2: The Fight to Safety

Chapter 2

The Fight to Safety

As the trio traveled through the barren wasteland, the new comer Rooter was telling his passengers a little tale of his.

“One day I was resting and this little longneck fell on me.  I’m not sure who he was, but when I saw him crying, I wondered what his problem was.  He told me that he had just lost his mother from a sharptooth and blamed all of his pain on his mother.  I then told him that it was nobody’s fault.  That it was part of The Great Circle of Life.  Also that he would always have a part of her in his heart.  I can only hope that I made things better for the young lad.”

“So, you don’t know who he was at all?” Ali asked Rooter after hearing his tale.

“Not the slightest clue.”

Ali thought about the story for a bit.  Somehow, it triggered a memory from her past.  It was back to when it was her first visit to a place called, “The Great Valley”.

She and her newly made friend, Littlefoot, a longneck just like her but male, were traveling through a desert back to the place where Ali lived before her herd had to migrate everywhere.  They were traveling there to find a special flower that could cure the illness that Littlefoot’s grandfather had gotten.  Ali decided to start up a conversation while they were traveling.

“So you live with your grandparents, huh?” Ali asked.

“Yeah!  It’s great living with them!” Littlefoot answered her.

“What about your mom and dad?  Don’t you have one?”

At this point, Littlefoot’s smile turned into a very sad frown and his eyes started to swell with tears.

“Is something wrong?” She questioned when she saw her friend’s sudden facial change.

“It’s just that, I’m not sure what happened to my dad, but my mother was killed right in front of me.”

“What?  How?” She asked, being rather shocked.

“It was a sharptooth.  Cera and me were playing together when he came.  We ran for a thorn bush and thought we were safe.  However, this sharptooth was smarter than we expected.  He started to crawl through an opening that was just big enough for him.  We were saved by a one of the thorny vines.  When it seemed like he had stopped, we took our chance to get out.  I tried to lead Cera away, but she took the wrong path and I went after her.  The sharptooth nearly got us and I got caught in some vines.  I was able to get out and when we were clear of the thorn bush, the sharptooth jumped and nearly landed on us.  That’s when my mother showed up and attacked him.  Through the fight, it looked like my mother was going to win.  However, things suddenly took a turn for the worst when the sharptooth jumped and landed on her back.  He then proceeded to bite and slash at my mother.  I had never seen such a more horrible sight.  All that blood!  Ugh!” He shivered in disgust at remembering such a thing.  He then continued his story.

“Anyways, after that, a terrible earthshake happened.  It was the worst one I had ever been through in my life.  It had changed the land completely and split families apart.  It even separated my friends from their families and split me from my grandparents.  During the earthshake, Cera and me had ended up near the sharptooth.  If I hadn’t called out to my mother, I think we’d be dead by now.  My mother knocked the sharptooth off a cliff and led me to safety while Cera left to find her family.  Somehow, my mother and me also got temporarily separated near the end of the earthshake.  When it was finally over, I searched for my mother.  I eventually found her and could tell that she was very weak.  She asked me if I remembered the way to The Great Valley.  I was so worried about whether or not she would be okay that The Great Valley was the last thing on my mind.  In her last words, she told me that she would always be with me.  She then died right in front of me.”

Ali now regretted ever asking him. “I’m… I’m so sorry, Littlefoot.” She apologized with her face being slightly pale from hearing such a detailed sad story.

“It’s okay, Ali.” He reassured her.

“Do you miss her?”

“Every day!”

“Must be hard for you to live with that awful memory.”

“It’s okay!  My friends help me feel better whenever I’m unhappy.”

“They must be great friends to do that for you.”

“The best!  They’d be to you too if you just gave them the chance.”

Ali contemplated this thought of making friends with different species.  She started to wonder if it was actually a good thing.  The memory ended there.

As the memory faded from her, Ali turned her attention back to the spikeback that was carrying them. “You know, I actually have this friend that’s my age that had also lost his mother from a sharptooth.  He could probably be the same one you met.”

Hearing this had made Rooter chuckle at her. “Young one, there are many children that have lost a member of their family by means of a sharptooth.  It’s more than likely a coincidence.” He pointed out.

“But what if it’s not?  What if we both know the same longneck?”

“Well then I would like to talk to the little lad and see how he’s doing.  I especially wonder if he ever got over his mother’s death.”

Ali smiled. “I’m pretty sure he-“

“Could you two keep it down?  I’m trying to get some rest!” Ret complained, interrupting Ali. “I’m exhausted from having to carry you around, Ali!” He then turned his back to her and tried to get back to sleep.

“I’m sorry, Ret, but I warned you that I wasn’t the lightest thing in the world.”

“Yeah, well… I didn’t want to leave you in that cave so you could end up as food to a sharptooth!”

“It’s very sweet what you’ve been doing for me, Ret.”

“Well, you’d do the same for me.  We’re best friends, right?”

“Sounds like you two are more than just friends.” Rooter joked.

The old spikeback didn’t need to look to tell that his two passengers were blushing.

“Just shut up and let me rest, okay?” Ret yelled furiously and tried to get back to sleep.

Rooter just chuckled and continued on their journey.

High upon a cliff, which was over a pool of deep water, within a dark cave, a raptor looked around the area as a lookout.  The Utahraptor scanned the vast wasteland for any potential prey.  He heard his stomach growl with want.  Hunting was never easy for a predator in this place where vegetation never grew.  His keen cat-like eyes suddenly spotted something down below.  Stopping to get a drink inside the pool of water was a spikeback.  The raptor studied the new prey to oblige how to attack.  He concluded that he would need help, considering that it looked old, but tough.

Before he decided to leave to get his clan, he spotted something.  On top of the spikeback, two longnecks were resting, probably tired from a long journey.  He smiled with glee.  It seemed that there would be a respectable appetizer before going on to the main course.  Seeing this, he rushed to get his clan.

Back down near the pool, Rooter was resting and enjoying a much-welcomed drink.  Ali looked down at the pool of water.  Her mouth was dry from the earlier sandstorm she had to travel through before getting separated from her herd.

“Thirsty, young ones?” Rooter asked.

“Yes!  Very!” Ali said with a grateful smile.

“I’m pretty thirsty myself.” Ret said as he got down from the spikeback.

While Ret jumped down and walked up to the pool of water, Ali dragged herself off Rooter and over to the pool of water.  She then completely submerged her head into the liquid and began to greedily drink it in huge gulps.  It wasn’t long before her lungs reminded her of needing oxygen and she had to come up for air.  She surfaced and started to breathe heavily as Ret and Rooter laughed at her.

“Gee, what were you planning to do, drink it all?” Ret joked.

Ali giggled. “I guess!”

Suddenly, the three heard a thunderous roar, which made them gasp in a mixture of shock and fear.  They looked up the rocky wall next to the pool to see a Tyrannosaurus Rex at the top of the cliff, looking down at them.

Ali gasped again. “A sharptooth!”

“It’ll come for us if we don’t hurry!” Rooter said. “Climb on, kids!”

The two longnecks got back onto the old spikeback.

“Hang on!  We’re gonna make a run for it!”

Rooter started to run towards their destination.  However, it wasn’t long before they were stopped by two raptors jumping in front of them.  One was gray while the other was green.  The gray Utahraptor hissed at them, while the green one dug his flexible toe claws into the ground for better traction.

Rooter started to back up, when he heard a growl and looked behind him to spot the same Tyrannosaurus Rex they had seen at the top of the cliff.  Upon closer examination, they could see that he was light green colored and had yellow cat-like eyes.  However, the one thing that made him stand out from all other members of his species was a long scar that extended from his eye, which was blood red, and down to his middle claw.

Ali gulped.  She remembered that Littlefoot had warned her on her previous visit about this sharptooth that was in the Mysterious Beyond.  He was known around the world as Red Claw.

They were so afraid that they had almost forgotten how to breathe.  Rooter knew he couldn’t make any attempt to attack because it would put Ali and Ret into great danger.  A part of him thought this was would be where he would meet the end of his long life.

The raptors charged towards them and were about to pounce when a large tail hit the two raptors and sent them flying.  The next thing they noticed, a very tall longneck came by and rammed its head into Red Claw’s stomach.  This caused the T-Rex to fall to his knees and start to breathe heavily for air.

The stranger bent it’s neck around and went to eye level with that of Ali and Ret.  They could tell that this longneck was rather young and had a more feminine look.

“You okay?” The longneck asked in a calm sweet tone.

“Yeah!  Thanks!” Ali said.

“I’ll take care of this big brute!”

“But…”

“Don’t worry, I can handle these sharpteeth!  Now, go!”

Rooter didn’t object and started to run for safety as fast as his legs could carry him.  It seemed like they would get away when the two same raptors jumped in front of them causing Rooter to come to a sliding halt.  However, the sudden stop caused Ali slip off.  Ret noticed this and quickly reacted, grabbing her tail with his mouth.  Ali gasped when she felt her tail being clamped upon.

“Hang on, Ali!” Ret muffled while pulling her up.

Seeing, easy prey now, the raptors approached.  The two were aiming for Ali and were about to pounce when another large tail hit them.  Ali looked up to see an even taller longneck.  In fact, it was the tallest one she had ever seen in her entire life.  She had no idea that longnecks could grow to be that tall.  She was finally pulled onto the safety of Rooter’s back and continued to look at the tall longneck in amazement.

“You okay, little lady?” The longneck asked in a deep male voice at their eye level.

“Yes!  Thank you!” Ali said.

The taller male longneck then turned to the tall but shorter than him female longneck. “Sue, how about we send these sharpteeth home with empty stomachs?”

“Gladly!” She said.

Sue reared up her tail and landed it at Red Claw’s feet, causing him to trip and fall face first to the ground.  The taller male longneck launched his own tail at the two raptors while they were starting to get up.  This caused them to fly through the air and land sharply on Red Claw’s back.  The two raptors got off so Red Claw could get up.  Red Claw stared angrily at the longneck couple.

“Want more?” Sue seriously questioned.

Red Claw let out a roar and retreated, knowing he was beat in this situation.  The raptors let out a roar of defeat as they retreated as well.

Sue turned to the three she just saved. “Well, I’d say that takes care of those bullies.” She said.

“Thanks for saving us again.” Ali said.

“Glad to do it.  After all, what’s the point of having a tail like mine if you can’t beat up bad-guys with it once in a while?”

Ali knew that was a joke and started to giggle.

“Well, time we headed back home to our little ones.” The taller male longneck said to Sue, giving her an affectionate rub.  That’s all Ali needed to hear and see to know they were a couple with children.

“Yes, dear!” She said to him, accepting the rubbing.  She then turned to the trio below. “Goodbye!”

Ali, Ret and Rooter said their good-byes and thanks as the proud mother and father left.

Once the two longnecks that saved them were a good distance away, Rooter spoke. “Well, let’s go!” He said and headed towards their destination.

It was smooth sailing from there and it wasn’t long before they finally arrived at where Rooter was taking them.

“Well, here we are!” He said.

Ali and Ret looked.  They were shocked at what they saw.  Below them was a vast valley of green that had trees that seemed to stretch on forever.  Traveling through the valley was a stream that seemed to have water that was cleaner than any other source of water in the world.  The stream continued, making multiple waterfalls along the way.  A chain of mountains that seemed to never end surrounded the valley.  One look and they could tell exactly where they were.

“We’re… we’re in The Great Valley!” Ali said, completely shocked by this discovery.

---End Chapter 2---
-----------

Well, hope you enjoyed that one.

Please review. :^.^:

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I enjoyed this chapter very much, and I look forward to the next one as well!

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome job, man! This chapter was great. I look forward to the rest of it.  :yes

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
All of the characters, eh? I better keep reading this! :yes