The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm sorry this was delayed for so long.  I wanted to actually have it up earlier, but I was working far too much on the next chapter.

Here it is though, THE EDITED CHAPTER 4!!!

()()()()()()()()()()()()

Chapter 4

The Welcomed Good News

Littlefoot looked towards the approaching spikeback and could hardly contain the excitement in the back of his head.  For riding right on top of it was Ali, the very longneck he has had feelings for since the day they met.  Not at all judging the situation, the group of seven rushed up to the spikeback that was approaching.

“Ali!” They all shouted.

“How are you?” “How did you get here?” “Why are you back so soon?” They all started asking at the same time once they reached her.

“Please, please, one at a time!” Ali begged as she started to feel a little overwhelmed.

“Guys!” Cera called out to them, getting their attention. “If we give her some room, I’m sure she can explain why she’s here.”

“Don’t worry!” Another voice said.  The gang looked to see another longneck jumping off the back of the spikeback. “We’ll explain everything.” He said, facing them with a smile on his face.

“Hey Ret!” “Hi, Ret!” “Hi, hi, hi!” “Hello, Ret!” They all greeted at once.

“Hi, everyone!  Listen, it’s great to see you all but right now Ali needs help.”

“Ali needs help?” Littlefoot questioned with concern on his face.

Ret nodded. “Her legs are broken.” He said in a serious but sad tone.

There were then large gasps of shock from the group.

“What?” Chomper asked.

“Oh no!” Ruby said with worry.

“Are you okay, Ali?  Are you?  Huh?” Ducky questioned in worry as she ran up to Ali.

Petrie swooped down, landed in front of Ali and examined her legs. “Hmm.  They not look broken.  They still attached.”

“That’s because they’re broken on the inside, dummy!” Cera said, feeling irritated.

Meanwhile, Littlefoot was very shocked by the news so much that he was speechless.  He wanted to react in a normal manner, but his body wouldn't allow it.

Ret just shook his head. ëHow in the world does Littlefoot put up with friends like that?’ He questioned himself in thought.  He then turned his attention to Littlefoot. “Do you know anyone who can help us mend her legs?”

The question suddenly snapped Littlefoot back to reality. “Oh well, just about every grown-up in the valley, I think.” He concluded.

“In that case, who’s the closest?”

“That would be my Grandma and Grandpa.  Come on, I’ll take ya there!”

It wasn’t too long until they all reached Littlefoot’s nest where the two elders that were his guardians were in the middle of having a conversation with a female grown-up duckbill that happened to be the mother of Ducky.

“Grandma, Grandpa!” Littlefoot called out to them.

“Yes, Littlefoot?” Grandpa Longneck asked, turning to his grandson.

“Um, well, we have a real problem here.”

From there, Littlefoot explained to his grandparents that Ali had returned, but with broken legs.  Seeing the situation, Grandma and Grandpa Longneck had Ducky’s mother get the necessary supplies needed to mend the leg while Ali explained to them all that had happened.  While Ali told the story, Rooter had carefully set her down on the ground and listened as well.  It was a while before Ali finished her story, because she hardly left out any details.  The small things she did leave out were their conversations that were of little importance to the story.  By the time she was done, her legs had been tied around with special plants to help the legs heal faster and put together with mud to really hold it all in place, thus creating a brownish colored cast.

“And well, that’s the whole story.” Ali concluded.

“This is very serious.” Grandpa Longneck said.

“Yes, we must make sure that Ali and Ret get back to their herd.” Grandma Longneck agreed.

“We’ll send out every flyer that is willing to find them.  Hopefully, they will find your herd and lead them here to get you.”

“In that case, how long until my legs are well enough to walk on them again?” Ali asked.

Grandpa Longneck chuckled. “Don’t worry.  They all only have a mild sprain and, thanks to the plants we’ve applied to them, should be good enough to walk on by tomorrow morning.”

Ali sighed in relief. “Well that’s good news.  For a little bit, I thought that I would never be able to walk again.”

Grandma Longneck chuckled. “It takes more than a fall to keep any members of your herd down, including you, Ali.” She said soothingly.

Ali blushed; feeling a little embarrassed by the compliment. “Um, thanks, I guess!”

Meanwhile, Littlefoot was contemplating a little something in his head.  He wanted to be around his friend as much as possible, knowing that she most likely wouldn’t be around for long.  So, with that thought in mind, he decided to ask her something.

“Ali?” Littlefoot asked.

“Yes, Littlefoot?” She questioned.

“You and Ret are going to be here for a while, right?”

“Well, with how little Ret, Rooter and I traveled, I probably will only be around for a few days.”

Even though his face didn’t show it, Littlefoot felt a bit disappointed.  He really wanted her to stay longer.  He wasn’t being greedy or anything in the wrong manner, just that he wanted to spend a lot of time with her.

“Well, I was just wondering, at least until your herd comes to pick you up, would you and Ret like to stay at my nest?”

Ali was taken aback by the offer she was given.  She was also flattered by the offer Littlefoot had given them. “Well, if you really think it isn’t too much trouble…”

“It won’t be any trouble at all, Ali.” Grandpa Longneck reassured, accepting the offer as well.

“We would love to take care of you while we wait for your herd.” Grandma Longneck insisted.

“I guess, as long as it’s okay with Ret.” Ali answered.

“Why not?  We need a place to stay.” Ret answered.

“In that case, we’d love to.”

“Yes!” Littlefoot shouted in happiness. “Oh, Ali!  I just know we’re going to have so much fun together!”

Ali felt rather flattered by her friend as she let out a slight giggle. “I’ll be looking forward to it, Littlefoot.”

“Well,” Rooter began, getting everyone’s attention. “I’d better go.  After all, I’m a bit of a wonder and there’s still lots to see in this world.  This place is rather beautiful, more than enough to make me want to return some day.” He then left without another word.

“Goodbye, and thank you for bringing them here.” Grandma longneck said.

Rooter only walked a little distance before looking back. “So it was him after all.” He said as he looked at Littlefoot. “I didn’t even get to know his name, though I don’t bother much for that.  It seems that thanks to all the friends he has, he’s been able to move on from the death of his mother.  Though I’m sure he thinks about her everyday, he knows that he can’t dwell on the past and must look forward to the future.  Hopefully, I am right about that.” He then left the valley and continued on his wondering journey.

--End Chapter 4---
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

As you can see, I did add in some reactions and explained a few scenes better.

I really hope you enjoyed that.

The next chapter will definately be up tomorrow.  This one is seriously being worked on.

The only hint I'll give you is that we go back to Ali's herd and they meet an old villian of the gang. ;)

Just know that the next one is definately showing more of a professionalism than what I've given thus far. :)

See ya later! :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I really didn't see the necessity in that, and, other than a few lines added in, I really didn't see that much of a difference. My core issues still remain. Mabey you should just focus on newer and better chapters, hmm?

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
man, your story is realy kickass!!!  :lol: i can't wait for the next chapter

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
what I read of this it pretty neat :) keep up the good work

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Please continue!  I just love this story.  Don't stop until it's over please!!!  I hate stories that people just end for no reason at all. -_-

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you for your comments.

Now, I'll warn you that this next one is a little bit higher in the ratings than what would normally be in LBT.  I warn you now, if you can't handle descriptive violence, leave now.

There is only a small part of it, but it will give you a basic idea of how far I can bring it. :D

I hope you enjoy what can truely come out of my sick and demented mind. :^.^:

()()()()()()()()()()()

Chapter 5

The Close Call

While Ali and Ret were having their little reunion in The Great Valley, their herd was busy trying to find any trace of them.  Though some of the members thought it was pointless to look for the young ones because they believed the fall had killed them, they continued the search.  Old One and Ali’s mother didn’t give up hope, however.  Something inside the two female longnecks told them that Ali and Ret were alive and safe.

They soon stopped for a momentary rest period before moving on.  They were near a vast lake and the only source of vegetation around were the plants in the water, but it provided them with the necessary needs to fuel up and move on.  However, unknown to them, they were not alone.

Deep within the water, several big-mouthed belly draggers, scientific term being crocodiles, lied in wait.  This was their home, where they would patiently wait for any unsuspecting prey to come within reach and feast upon the flesh.  They were surprised today to find a herd of longnecks having a drink and feasting upon the underwater plants.  Just one of the adult longnecks would feed them all.  However, getting one of those would be tricky.  One of the young ones would be more than enough for one of them, but every one of them hadn’t eaten for months.  It had been a long time since something tasty to them came their way.

The big-mouthed belly draggers sneakily swam to the shore opposite of the longnecks.  Once they all arrived, they started to formulate a plan.

“So, any one of you have a plan to get one of those older longnecks?” One of the crocodiles asked.

“It won’t be easy to get them.” One particular crocodile said, which happened to have a tiny scar across his right eye. “They are all members of a migrating herd, thus meaning they are stronger than most that come to our home.”

“One of their feet could easily break our heads apart.  There’s only one surefire way to kill a longneck.” Said the one with a missing eye.

“We have to bite off the neck!” Said the one that had no eyes whatsoever.

The many crocodiles looked at the one who was their leader.  This guy was well known by them to be able to hunt and win battle rights without the need of sight.  No one dared to oppose him because of his great skill.  Many who didn’t know when to back down paid a terrible price, as his lunch.

“Leader, do you know of any way we can get close enough without killing ourselves?” Asked the one with the scar across his right eye.

“Leader, Sargent, I think I have an idea.” One particular crocodile said in a more feminine tone than the others did.

“Well, if it isn’t Dil, the renegade female that abandoned us because of a sharp-beak.” Sargent retorted.

“I’m not with him!  Not anymore since he left me to die by that longneck sharptooth!  I would’ve been its meal if that thing didn’t get tired out!”

“I’m sorry to hear you two broke up, female!” The one with the missing eye insulted.

“Me and Ichy we’re never friends.  I don’t miss him one bit!”

“So anyways, what’s the plan?” Leader questioned.

“It’s simple.  We’ll just wait until one is deep enough.  We then lure them deeper with a plant.  And right when they’re about to get the plant, we go for the neck!” She informed them.

Sargent laughed. “It’s so brilliant that it just might work!”

“Now we just have to decide who gets to do what.” Leader said.

On the opposite side of the shore, Old One had eaten and drank her fill and was now watching the rest of the herd, looking carefully for any predators.  Little did she know that a group of them were lurking in the water, with their plan about to be put into motion.

Ali’s mother was busy eating her fill.  She could hardly tell if she was hungry or full though, due to her deep depression from losing her only child.  The memories of her time with her daughter were constantly flowing through her mind at a rapid pace.  She unknowingly stepped deeper into the water.  She wanted to keep her mind off the memories for a bit and spotted a small plant sticking out of the water.  It was swaying in the wind in a motion that seemed as if it was calling to her.  She walked closer to the plant, not knowing of the danger lurking within the water.

She bent her neck down and was about to bite into the plant when suddenly one of the big-mouthed belly draggers launched the attack.  Ali’s mother saw the predator just in the nick of time and brought her neck up far enough for the carnivore to miss it by only half an inch.  She then hit the crocodile that tried to bite off her neck with her tail, and in the process also hit another crocodile that was holding the plant all along in it’s snout.  Ali’s mother noticed this and figured that it was a trap that she nearly fell for.  She clenched evilly at them with unforgiving eyes.  She was now willing to show these predators no mercy.

“Uh-oh!  Let’s get out of here!” One of the crocodiles said and all of them listened and swam away as fast as they could.

ëWhere do you think you’re going?’ Ali’s mother thought to herself and started hunting them instead.

Ali’s mother gave chase and then caught one with her mighty foot by the tail.  The one that was unfortunately caught was Dil.  Ali’s mother then proceeded to stomp onto the head, making the skull emit a horrible cracking sound.  By then, the head had hit the underwater muddy floor, making the lungs slowly be filled with water.  Ali’s mother continued to do damage by digging her foot into the head, causing fragments of the skull to pierce the brain.

Old One saw this and decided to stop her before she actually killed the poor creature.  She stepped into the water and approached the female adult that was proceeding to due harm to her victim by having her foot break the back.  Old One stopped the oncoming foot from meeting with her tail.

“That’s enough, child!” She said in a calm and stern voice.

Ali’s mother looked at her and her eyes and face turned soft and sorry.  She removed the foot that was upon the head as well as the one on the tail and left the scene with Old One.

As soon as they reached shore, Old One looked at the rest of the herd, who had also seen everything. “Everyone, we leave now!  It is far too dangerous to stay!” She said.

The herd listened and left the scene.  As for Dil, who was now floating upside down on her back, she was still alive, but barely.  Her breathing and movement had become labored due to her brain being badly damaged, making it difficult to do anything.

“Well, we might as well not let ëfood’ go to waste.” Said Sargent.

Dil then saw the other crocodiles approaching with a look of hunger in their eyes.  She closed her own as she awaited her deadly fate.  Before she was decapitated, her memories flooded her mind.  The last thought being that of the time she spent with Ichy.

---End Chapter 5---
()()()()()()()()()()

Poor Dil!  Why did I do that to her? :(

Hope you enjoyed that! :^.^:

Next one won't be until November, sadly, as I have other things to work on.

Oh, and if any of you were upset that Littlefoot didn't show how worried he was for Ali, Chapter 6 WILL make up for that.

After that, you guys will recieve a VERY nice present.  Chapter 7 is where I'll bring the relationship we know and love to a whole new level. ;)

So, come November, get ready those of you who are Ali&Littlefoot shippers!  The relationship we know and love will intesify. :^.^:

Well, I'll see ya later! :D

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
That really presented the real world like it was, something that's almost unheard of in the LBT series. Well, that's one villian off of the list. Now, for Red Claw.... :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Yeah!  Kill them bloody predators! :D I never liked Dill anyway.  In fact, I hated her.  I agree with Manny on this one.  How's about redclaw next? :lol:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Red Claw won't appear again for a bit, but he will be the main villian for the story when I finally get quite a number of the charcters out of the way.  I promised you guys I'd do EVERYONE, and I'll find a way to do them all, even if I have to make them as cameos. :^.^:

BTW, when the great battle with Red Claw comes, expect Bron, Pat, Doc and a number of others all to make an appearance by then.  I've got alot of work ahead of me! :D

I also have the ending planned already, and I'll tell you now that it isn't a pretty one. -_-

This is definately going to be a big one, but for now, I'll see ya later! :^.^:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Oct 7 2007 on  01:21 AM
I also have the ending planned already, and I'll tell you now that it isn't a pretty one. -_-
Oh, oh, oh, oh. Sounds interesting! I have to keep reading! :D

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes, you will look forward to the ending, but it's not for quite a number of chapters.

Anyways, here I am with a brand new chapter.  Not much, but at least I'm trying to show off some Longneckshipping! (Yes, that is the official name I'm giving Littlefoot&Ali.) However, that really won't come full circle until the next chapter.

For now, enjoy the newest one. :)

-----------

Chapter 6

Over-caring

By now, nighttime had fallen around The Great Valley.  Many residents were returning to their nests by now, ready to get some sleep.  Cera had especially started to return home.  She was very happy upon the news that Ali would have to stay in the valley until her herd came to pick her up.  Cera was pretty close to Ali.  She was mainly such good friends with her because Ali had saved her life from Dil quite some time ago.  Cera was forever in Ali’s debt, and the least the little threehorn could do was to be her friend.

Remembering those old times, Cera had returned home.  Her dad, known as Topsy, was patiently waiting for her to return home.  He was mainly upset because Cera had been up past her curfew.  He really did not enjoy punishing his daughter, no parent does.  Topsy only hoped that she had a good reason for it.  He didn’t have to wait too much longer though, as he saw Cera coming home as fast as she could.

“What were you doing up past your bedtime, Cera?” Topsy demanded firmly.

“I’m sorry, Daddy!” Cera apologized. “A friend had returned to the valley and I lost track of time.”

“Oh?  Who was it?” He asked as he watched his daughter walk straight to her nesting spot.

“Ali!  You know, that longneck girl that helped me and my friends save Littlefoot’s Grandpa?”

“Oh, her!  I didn’t realize that longneck herd was back so soon!” He said in a rather grim and angry tone.  He always did have a thing about longnecks.

“Actually Daddy, she and her friend Ret got separated from their herd by an earthshake.  They’re staying at Littlefoot’s until their herd comes to pick them up.”

“Ah, I see!”

“Yeah!  We’re going to have a lot of fun!” Cera let out a slight chuckle. “Oh, and Daddy, I was wondering if I could bring Tricia along tomorrow?”

“Why, Cera?”

“Well, I just want Ali to meet her, that’s all!”

“Oh!  Well, as long as you ask Tria and keep an eye on her, I think it will be okay!”

“Thanks, Daddy!”

“Now, go to sleep, Cera!”

“Okay.  Goodnight, Daddy!”

Cera then went to her little nesting spot and went to sleep, dreaming about all the fun she would have tomorrow with her friend.

Ducky and Spike were returning late as well.  In fact, they were so late, that Ducky’s mother, along with all her siblings, was already asleep.  The two of them quietly tiptoed to their own nesting spot, which they shared.  Worst of all, it was right next to the huge female that took care of them.  They were so quiet that Ducky thought they would make it.

Suddenly, Spike accidentally stepped on a twig, which made a loud snap as it broke in two.  The two froze at the sound of the wood breaking, and Ducky mentally scolded at Spike for giving them away.  The female moaned in her sleep.  Luckily for them though, she just shifted a little and went back to sleep.

The two of them mentally sighed in relief.  Feeling safe, the two of them went closer and then settled down.  Ducky let out another sigh, thinking that the two of them had pulled it off without getting caught.  Spike just immediately went to sleep.

“Hello dears.” A soft, gentle voice greeted them.

Ducky looked to her side and saw that her mother was actually awake. “Oh, hi Mama! Hi, hi, hi!” She greeted back.

“Why are you both home so late?  I was getting worried.”

Ducky sighed in defeat. “Well, you see, Mama, a friend had returned to the valley and we had lost track of time just talking to her.” She explained.

“Oh!  Who was it?”

“Ali!  You know, the longneck that helped in saving Littlefoot’s Grandpa?”

“Really?  So the herd she is with is back too?”

“No, no, no!” She shook her head in disappointment. “She and her friend Ret got separated from their herd in a terrible earthshake.  They did!  They’re staying with Littlefoot, they are!”

“Well, I’m sure you’ll have plenty of fun tomorrow.  Good night, Ducky!”

“Good night, Mama!”

Ducky then went to sleep, happily dreaming about the fun she would have tomorrow.

Petrie was flying back home as fast as he could.  He knew that he was late and that he was in trouble for doing so.  He soon made it to his nest that was on top of a cliff.  He silently landed and saw that his mother and siblings were asleep.  Petrie smiled, believing he could get to bed without waking everyone.  However, there was one slight problem.  The place where he usually slept, he shared with an old gray flyer named Swooper.

Swooper was a friend of his that he had saved from The Mysterious Beyond.  The only thing about this flyer was that he was blind.  However, the old flyer had been able to heighten his other scenes and so that he didn’t need his sight to tell what was around him.  This sort of thing made it quite a problem for Petrie to sneak into bed without getting caught, as Swooper had a very good sense of hearing.

Petrie silently walked up to the old flyer and saw that he was snoring quietly.  Petrie settled down next to the flyer and saw that he was still asleep.  Petrie gave out a silent sigh of relief.  He then started to settle in for the night.

“Hello, Petrie!” A voice said.

Petrie shot right up.  He then turned around and screamed when he saw a pair of pale gray eyes look right at him.  However, he soon recovered and noticed who it was. “Oh, uh… Hi, Swooper.” He greeted nervously. “How you know it me?” He asked curiously.

“I know your voice very well.” The old flyer answered.

“Oh!”

“Why were you out so late?  Your mother was worrying.” He questioned.

“Oh, Petrie talk with old friend.  Me no know it late.” He explained in his own little way.

“Ah, I see!  I’ll try my best to explain to your mother when she wakes up tomorrow.  Now, go to sleep.”

Petrie simply nodded to the old flyer that had been a guest in their home since he arrived in The Great Valley and went to sleep, thinking he was the only one who got off lucky.

There were a couple of others who got off lucky.  Ruby and Chomper had also stayed up late talking to Ali and Ret.  They headed to the caves they were staying in the moment they noticed it was so late.  Ruby went to sleep immediately, but Chomper was unable to get any rest.  He was contemplating in his mind what Ali actually thought of him.  He was a sharptooth after all, the main type of creature that would rather eat her then be her friend.  Then again, he was able to make friends with six completely different types of dinosaurs, all of which would normally be part of his diet.

He sighed at one thing though.  With Ali being in a migrating herd, they were probably attacked by many different kinds of predators.  She had probably been running from meat-eaters all her life.  He knew it would be very difficult to make friends with someone like that.  He knew Ali was afraid of him when they first met.  However, she probably felt safe with all of her other friends around.

He started to wonder if the two of them would ever become friends.  The only friends he had now were rather easy.  Littlefoot took care of the little sharptooth after he hatched.  From there, Littlefoot had pretty much encouraged everyone.  All but Cera!  Cera felt rather indifferent about Chomper.  She didn’t want anything to do with him or his friendship.  However, once Chomper’s parents had protected them and showed that they could be trusted, Cera had pretty much given Chomper her friendship.

And then, there was Ruby.  He looked over at the fast-runner that was sleeping peacefully near him.  She was being rather brave with all she was doing.  She had promised Chomper’s parents that she would look after their only son.  She was also trying to find a way to defeat Red Claw and so that both the valley and The Mysterious Beyond were safe once again.  In all that time, Chomper was able to become friends with Ruby.  He looked up at the moon, and at that point, he made a promise to himself, that before Ali left, he would find a way to become her friend.

Back at Littlefoot’s nest, Littlefoot, his Grandparents, Ali and Ret were all enjoying one final meal before going to bed for the night.  Since Ali couldn’t walk until her leg was better, Littlefoot had put it upon himself to bring food and water to her.

At this moment, Littlefoot was carrying as many tree-stars as he could in his mouth to Ali.  He dropped the star-shaped leaves in front of Ali for her to enjoy.

“Thanks, Littlefoot!” Ali said.

“You’re welcome, Ali!” He said as he headed back to get another batch for her.

He bent his long slender neck down and picked up about a dozen more tree-stars in his mouth.  He then started to head back to Ali.  By the time he returned he was so surprised by what he saw that he dropped all the leaves he was carrying.  Ali had finished eating all the tree-stars Littlefoot had given her.

“Ali, did you eat them all already?” He asked in shock.

“Yeah, I’m actually quite hungry.” She admitted, feeling slightly embarrassed at the moment.

This revelation had peeked Littlefoot’s curiosity. “When was the last time you ate?”

Ali started to feel a little nervous revealing the truth to Littlefoot. “Me and my herd haven’t had anything to eat since we came to The Great Valley.  Many times, we eat only plants that are underwater that are not very filling.  Even then there’s not enough to go around.  We make sure everyone gets a fair share though, and that those who really need the food get the most.  It’s a rather hard life for us out there.”

Littlefoot was quite surprised to find out that Ali hadn’t been eating well most of her life.  In all truth, it kind of scared him. “Has it really been that tough all your life?” He questioned with even greater concern then before.

“Since we had to leave ëThe Land of Mists’.  It only got harder when Ret and his herd joined us since we had more to look after.” She then put on a fake smile. “But you really don’t have to worry about it Littlefoot, we’ll be just fine.”

“Well… okay!  I… if you say so!” He then walked away without saying another word.

However, he was very concerned for her now.  He hardly ever thought of the kind of life she was living.  Now, more than ever, he really hoped she would stay in the valley.  That way, she could have a better and safer life.  However, he knew that he couldn’t deprive her of being with the family she cares about.  He knew the only thing he could do now was to make sure she had as much fun as possible before she left.  At this point, he was determined to make sure that her stay in the valley would be the best time of her life.

---End Chapter 6---
-----------------

Well, I hope you enjoyed that one.

I'll hopefully have the next one up by the end of the month.

For now, please review. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good writing, I've enjoyed all that I have read so far.   :DD

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Pop quiz: How many characters appeared in the latest chapter that will make no further appearances or earn no further mentions?

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
When did Rooter or Red Claw appear in the latest chapter!? :blink:

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This had a lot of potential at the beginning.
That has dropped somewhat. :(
Archie should make a reappearance, and should stay until he makes a major impact on the plot.
Bron should also make a reappearance. As well as Doc. But good job with Sue.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Great Valley Guardian,Nov 14 2007 on  05:09 PM
Sorry bout that.....misread the question!!!!!! :slap
No apology necessary. :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, here's the newest chapter.

Now, I will apologize for one little thing.  I know I promised you guys quite some Littlefoot&Ali action, but that sadly won't happen until the next chapter.

However, we do get a little moment. :D

Anyways, here we go!

Oh, and someone is finally going to get a major role.  Try to figure out who! ;)

---------------

Chapter 7

The Meeting of Finding

The sun rose above the valley, presenting a new day.  At sunrise was when the adults awoke, while the young ones would usually sleep a little longer.  Many times, there was no reason for the adults to wake up so early, but today had a different occasion.  With two lost ones being in the valley now, it was the adult’s mission to gather everyone and start a search party to look for the herd while the rest stayed behind to look after them.

Grandma and Grandpa Longneck were the first to awaken, and they started gathering those that they could.  Topsy, along with Ducky’s mother soon awoke and they started to gather all they could.  Petrie’s mother soon awoke, but she had no knowledge of yesterday’s event, so she hardly knew of the surprise meeting that would soon take place.  However, Swooper heard her awake and the gray flier got up as well.  He then approached the female.

“Good morning, miss!” He greeted kindly.

“Oh!  Good morning, Swooper!” She greeted back. “I’m glad to see that my little Petrie came home safe and sound.  I worry about him so!”

“He told me that he was late because he was spending time with an old friend of his and lost track of time.”

“Ah, I see!” She said, continuing to look at the little brown flier.  She sighed. “It is so hard for him to make friends with his little speech problem and all.  A lot of the kids in the valley see it as an annoyance and want nothing to do with him.  He doesn’t understand just how lucky he is to have the friends he does now.”

The old flier nods at her. “I understand.  Others turn away from me because I’m blind.  However, you young miss took me in without a second thought, and for that I’m grateful.”

Petrie’s mother then decided to change the subject. “Well, since someone is visiting the valley now, I guess there will be a meeting of some kind to greet them properly.  I’ll hopefully be back by the time the kids wake up.  Keep an ëeye’ on the kids in case they wake up.” She half-joked.

Swooper let out a small chuckle. “Oh, I couldn’t do that if I tried!” He joked back.

The two fliers shared another laugh before Petrie’s mother took off to the area where the residents of the valley usually meet for these sort of things.

It wasn’t too long before all of the adults were nearing the area where they usually meet for special reasons.  At this point, Grandma Longneck decided to wake up the guests that were still fast asleep at the nest.  As she approached the young longnecks she noticed something that just made her smile in awe.

Littlefoot, Ali and Ret were all sleeping up against one another, which probably kept them warm throughout the cold night.  What really made her smile was that Littlefoot’s head was resting on top of Ali’s.  It was so adorably cute that it seemed to be a sin to interrupt such a thing.  Sadly, the old female knew what had to be done.

She gave a gentle tap with her head at Littlefoot’s side to wake him. “Littlefoot!  Time to wake up, little one!” She said soothingly.

Littlefoot started to stir as he was being awoken from his dream.  As he stirred, Littlefoot started to feel that his head was not lying on the cool blades of grass or on cold and hard ground, but on something soothingly warm and somewhat comfortable.  He lazily got up and immediately shook himself awake when he noticed that he had his head on top of Ali’s through the night.  He blushed a deep shade of red in embarrassment.

He then heard Grandma Longneck chuckle and turned to her while still feeling embarrassed. “Don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone!” She promised.

He sighed in relief. “Thanks, Grandma!” He said.

“Now, wake them up, Littlefoot.  They have a special meeting to get to.”

Littlefoot let out a yawn and stretched his stiff body.  Once he was done, he proceeded to wake up Ali and Ret.

He started by shaking both of them. “Come on, guys!  It’s time to get up!” He said.

Ali was the first to awaken.  She lazily opened her eyes and let out a yawn of her own.  She then absentmindedly stood up and stretched her stiff body as well.  It was then that she suddenly noticed that she was standing up and that her legs didn’t hurt one little bit.  The special leaves had healed her legs overnight.

Littlefoot was surprised and had a look of happiness upon his face when he saw his friend get up on all four of her legs and move them around freely.  Ali was quite surprised herself and started jumping around in happiness, having being able to walk again.  While she was jumping around, she accidentally stepped on Ret’s tail.  Ret screamed in pain as his tail was crushed under some sort of weight, which immediately woke him up.

“Hey!  You didn’t have to step on my tail to wake me up!” He complained.

“Oh, sorry Ret!” Ali apologized.

Ret mentally accepted her apology and stretched himself.  He then turned to Ali. “I see that your legs are better.” He said in a much kinder tone.

“Yeah!  Those plants really did the trick!” She said happily.

“It’s great that you’re walking around again, Ali!” Littlefoot said, being very happy for her.  However, his face became a little serious. “But now we have to go to the meeting the grown-ups have set up.  You two will definitely need to be there.  Both of you are the only ones who can provide us the information we need to find your herd.” He explained.

“Then let’s get going!  The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can start playing, and I have a lot of fun ideas for us!” Ali said as the trio of longnecks headed to the meeting place.

It wasn’t too long before every grown-up in the valley had gathered at the meeting place, which was secluded at a fairly sizable, naturally carved half-dome shaped structure.  Only the adults were allowed to meet in this area, with the exception of the children having important pieces of information to give that was related to the reason they were there.  This was the main reason that Ali and Ret were allowed to come to the meeting as well.

The two young longnecks looked around at the many adults that had come to the meeting.  They became nervous at the sight of all the different species of dinosaurs that were there.  There were longnecks, threehorns, swimmers, fliers, fastrunners, spiketails, clubtails, rainbowfaces and even one elderly dinosaur known as a thicknose.

Ali turned to Ret. “You nervous?” She whispered to him.

Ret nodded. “Yeah!  You?”

“Very!”

Grandma Longneck bent herself down to their level. “Now don’t worry, you two!  All you need to do is provide us with the information we need and you can then go and play with your friends.” She said in a comforting tone, which made the two longnecks feel a little better.

Ali looked behind her and spotted her friends waiting patiently for her and Ret.  She smiled and started to feel a lot less nervous.  There was hardly any in her at this point, though she still had a tiny bit inside her.

Grandpa Longneck was the first to start the meeting. “Now that we can begin, I shall explain the reason we are all here.” He bent his neck down to Ali and Ret.  He then gestured them to step into the front of the crowd so they could be seen.  The two young longnecks hesitantly obliged. “This is Ali and Ret.  These young ones got separated from their herd and got lost.  We need to find their herd and bring them here to pick them up.  Is there anyone willing to find the ones they belong with?”

“And how do you propose we find this herd of theirs?” One of the clubtails asked.

“Ali and Ret have agreed to give you all the information you need with the path their herd takes.” Grandma Longneck answered.

ëWe have to give away our secret path?’ Ali asked herself in shock. ëWell, if it’s the only way to find our herd…’

“Now then, who’s willing to go?” Grandpa Longneck asked.

It was a little later that Ali and Ret were able to provide everyone with the information they needed.  It all showed that the path was rather complicated and quite long.  Ali also pointed out the area where they got separated from their herd and told them of an alternate path they could take to get back on track.  However, it led to a place that was heavily populated by sharpteeth, so it was quite dangerous, even for the small herd that was venturing out.  Ali informed them that it was best to travel through that area at night, but it would be dangerous since some sharpteeth would be guarding their nests.  This information made quite a number reluctant to make the journey since they didn’t want to end up food for sharpteeth.

After Ali and Ret were finally done giving out all the details, the grown-ups decided to ask who would go.  A number had to stay behind for either the reason of having children to take care of or being too scared to go.  Quite a number of the fliers volunteered since they had the best chance of making the journey.  A number of the landwalkers also decided to go.  However, there was one that surprised them all and it was near the end of the meeting.

“Now, is there anyone else who is willing to find their herd?” Grandpa Longneck asked.

“I will!” A voice said.

They all turned to see a male longneck that was old with age and had a single tooth sticking out of his mouth.

“You want to go, Pat?” Grandma Longneck asked in shock.

“You bet ya!  I want to help the youngings.  Also, I’ve been moseying along the valley and seen so much here that I feel it’s time for me to mosey on out of here and see the world again.  Doing this will give me the opportunity.” He explained.

“Very well!  If that is what you want.” Grandpa Longneck said.

“We will miss you, Pat.  You’ve been a good friend during your stay here.” Grandma Longneck said.

“I will miss you too!” Pat said his goodbye as well.

After that, everyone was ready to head out and find Ali and Ret’s herd and they all departed to say their good-byes before they left.  It wasn’t long until the good-byes were said and Ali and Ret were allowed to go and play with their friends.

---End Chapter 7---
-----------------------

Hope you enjoyed that.

Next one won't come until Mid to Late Janurary, due to other things I'll be taking care of through December.

Yet the next one will definately be worth the huge wait.

Anyways, please review. :)