The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time: Twilight Valley

Serris · 237 · 31825

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Chapter 10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes:

Ms. Maia's downright cruel behavior is somewhat inspired by LBT 6. There, she literally picks up and throws Ducky out of her (Ms. Maia's) nest when Ducky is searching for the twins.

Banishment as a punishment is inspired by LBT 7

Edit - (1:21 - 7/3/08) - added more to Author's Notes
Edit - (1:28 - 7/3/08) - fixed slight grammatical error

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
bump for this awesome fanfic. chapter 11 please!!!! :)

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here it is! The long awaited Chapter 11.

I  have to warn you, this chapter contains blood and a high level of violence.

--------------------
Chapter 11

--------------------

Author's Notes:

Again, Ms. Maia is depicted in a very cruel manner, inspired by LBT 6.

The reaction of Littlefoot to the insult "flathead" may be a little extreme but since it is the equivalent of a racial slur, it may be justified.

The dinosaurs have technology that is roughly equivalent to the Stone Age. This is an original idea and has no basis in the canon.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aw, man!  That sure was violent.  Talk about cruel and unusual punishment.  We'll soon find out Ozzie's fate.  Dang!  That Ms. Maia sure is a meanie :mad!

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
So what do you think of the original characters?

And what scenes stuck out the most for you?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd have to say Strut torturing Ozzie was an interesting read.  I can't imagine what Mr. Threehorn has in store for Ozzie :o.  I normally do not find torture scenes to be humorous, but this line got a snort out of me:

“You are a worthless…’ Ozzie began but was cut off by Strut, who promptly kicked him, hard, in the groin.

“I hope you don’t need that.”

Don't even get me going on Ms. Maia :mad.  She was asking for it, and Littlefoot gave her only a fraction of what she deserves <_<.  

Well written chapter, Serris :yes.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I've actually heard my fan fiction described as "you took Land Before Time and made it into Apocalypse Now" and "you're taking LBT and turning it into Full Metal Jacket".

Do you guys think that these 2 quotes are an accurate depiction of my fan fiction?

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
having not seen either of those movies, i cant comment on that :). fromwhat ive seen with other LBT fanfics though, yours is excellent. you try to stay wihin the boundries of the LBT universe, and give a realistic feel as to what war in the LBT world would be like, imo. the story is believable, the characters have depth,  everything is very detailed. keep it up mate :). cant wait for chapter 12!

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Here it is! Chapter 12!

WARNING! This chapter contains multiple scenes of intense violence.

-----------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

Author's Notes:

Ducky's mother fighting with twin sticks was somewhat inspired by Escrima.

I drew inspiration for the battle scenes from the Matrix, Lord of the Rings and various other movies.

The idea of the dinosaurs wearing "holsters" made out of leaves to carry weapons and using a vine to carry a larger weapon like a tree branch is adapted from modern warfare.

The dinosaur who has 3 stone throwing knives in a pouch strapped to his upper arm is a nod to a Metal Gear Solid trailer that depicted Raiden and Vamp fighting (Vamp has a pouch on his arm that he carries 3 throwing knives in).

Cloud Island is a reference to Jurassic Park

EDIT (10/12/08 - 23:54) - added extra author's notes.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can't wait to see what happens next. I just kope Chomper makes it out OK :(   This is the second fanfic I've read where he's been kidnapped, the little sharptooth doesn't deserve it :(

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice chapter, Serris :yes!  Yeah, I sure do hope both Chomper and Ducky make it out alright :unsure:  :(.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Chapter 13!!!! aww man, poor Chomper, he doesnt deserve anything like that :(

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ok, this is more a of a poll type question:

How do you think the use of stone age weaponry and technology fits into this fan fiction?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
You mean like flame-tipped branches or spears? That'd be pretty cool. But I don't think the dinosaurs would be able to come with that on their own. Maybe if a tree gets struck by lightning or something, and they realize that the fire would be useful to carry around.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I should clarify, I actually put the stone age weaponry in. I just wanted the opinions on this decision.

-----
Actually since Dromaesaurs were quite intelligent,I'll have Deimos (Utahraptor) come up with the "idea" of fire (although it's implied Mr. Bigmouth already knows how to use, control and start fires <See Chapter 11>).

As for spears and stone knives, again playing on Dromaesaur intelligence, Deimos gets credit (again implied that Mr. Bigmouth also knows how to make stone weapons).

As for the discovery of fire, maybe Deimos accidentally sets fire to some dried leaves when he's making a spearhead.

Also implied that the enemy forces can use stone age weapons too (See chapter 11).

And what could the dinosaurs' inspiration for stone-tipped or wooden spears or stone knives?

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Chapter 13 is up!

Chapter 13

Author's Notes:

The whole idea of "making of stone tools and accidentally starting a fire" was inspired by an episode of Tarzan: The Animated TV Show

The idea dinosaurs using tree branches as torches was inspired by the modern Furry novel If Animals Could Speak.

The very affectionate scene between Raptix and Deimos was not intended to be HoYay.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Arrgh!  I'd just love to kick the snot out of Ms. Maia right now :anger!  I can't believe the way she treated poor Ducky!  I hope those fastbiters turn against that, well, you-know-what.  That'd be an interesting plot twist :idea.  Another good chapter indeed :yes.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
not quite as epic as the previous few chapters, but still good nonetheless :D.

plot twist with Ms Maia! grr i hate her.

bring on chapter 14 xD