The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfictions

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Sounds like a bad guy. He must be a real jerk.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
He was, I hated him alot and I had to break up a fight between him and another in the class I was in about 6 weeks before the end of the second year in college. A real sad endding to my college life in Harlow College.

-Threehorn

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ouch.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It the past and I am glad to just go on with life. With all these events of my past I still go on with life like that never happened. It might be a little cold in some eyes but it part of the disablity I got. (includes spelling, grammar)

Plus I am not afaird to tell ppl about it

-Threehorn

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's brave. Most think its tough to keep stuff like that secret, but to say what you feel and what your problems are is a leap of faith.

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess I could say about things that some would find it hard to say.

-Threehorn

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I guess for stories, the best way to deliver them online is through e-mail or set up your own website so you don't have to follow someone else's restrictions. ;)

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
What was the trigger of that fight Threehorn? It must've been something really bad considering the consequences. Did the one you had this fight with suffer from the consequences too?

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have a couple on Fanfiction.net and two more on the way: Land Before Time: The Bounty Hunter and What If.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I got in trouble with Fanfiction.net because they don't allow lists and other nonstories.  Here is the unfair part though.  It was a story.  In it, one of the characters was listing things like first this then that.  Some tattletale ratted me out and I got suspended for a week.  FF.net's guidlines state that you can't have entries that are only lists, polls, joke, ect, not stories where the character names a list of things.  Those jerks removed the story and I feel that I was unfairly punished for something I didn't do wrong.  I even sent them an email but they won't let me off the hook until 12-7-05. :cry2  :(  :angry:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have revised my story about what I think would have happened if Littlefoot's mother had survived.  I have made some edits and combined chapters.  The story is on Fanfiction.net.  Please chect it out and tell me what you think.  I will accept constructive criticizm.  AAs a matter of fact, if you have any suguestions, please let me know either in a review for the story or here.  Now, I just discovered that the story still has some typos.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I have been posting a story on FF.net for the past four months titiled "Time Gate X", I already know F-14, Littlefoot1616, and Threehorn are reading it.  But for those who don't know, it's a pretty good story, I got some of the ideas from "Halo", "Doom 3", "Dino Crisis" and "Jurassic Park".  It's an intensly violent story, a lot of cursing, bullets and gore in it.  There isn't much of the original gang in this story, mainly Hyp, Nod and Mutt.  It also stars a fellow author's fan character.  I'm still working on chapter 15.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've been reading it as well.  It is good.  I agree with the M rating for it.  It seems that only you and one other person are brave enough to post a M rated story there.  I won't go into the other story's content here (only in after midnight), but let's say that the gang faces a lot of losses and hard choices.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
It's true! I have been reading Time Gate X. A fic definitely not reccommended for the weak of stomach or the easy-queasies. It's rated M for it's bloody violence and strong language but that's merely a categoric warning...I reckon Time Gate X is an awesome fic. Some of the scientific descriptions are well explained as well as the foot-to-butt action! LOL  :DD A good read if you're after in-your-face thrills and action :yes  ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could you imagine to write an LBT story which is not violent and not a crossing over with elements of other stories? Could you imagine writing a land before time story which could actually be made a movie?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I thought you'd say something like that Malte. I know how much you feel the necessity to stick to the rules of LBT without the need to incorporate other aspects of other elements. But at the end of the day, it's all down to the writer's preference. As a reader, you're under no obligation to read it if you feel it doesn't apply to you...Not having a dig at you or anything ;) That last statement was generic, not pinpointing anyone in particular

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
But at the end of the day, it's all down to the writer's preference. As a reader, you're under no obligation to read it if you feel it doesn't apply to you.
I'm fully aware of that (and also of the fact that you are not having a dig at me mate) and I pointed out in the main thread on the topic that I know I don't have any right to tell people what to write and what not to. I would be a hypocrite if I told people not to get themselves in a state about people messing with LBT and then get myself in a state over the kind of stories we are talking about. On the other hand I would be a liar if I claimed not to get some belly ache from these stories written by actual fans of the land before time. I have to confess they are bothering me more than all that anti-LBT stuff does as it is harder for me to shrug off what LBT fans write about LBT than what some LBT hating nut writes about LBT. So maybe that makes me a lying hypocrite? :unsure:
The least I can do is to try to encourage people to write stories true to the land before time as we know it from the movies. Success is unlikely I'm afraid  :cry
I find it surprising how very few land before time stories there are that don't include crossing overs and excessive violence and how very few fans seem to feel uneasy about this.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
At least the sharpteeth are taking the most casualties.  I can't really write an action/adenture story without blood and violence.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...I'd say the factor was arguable. You can use violence without it being bloody and gory. It all depends on the amount of detail you put into the description of the extent of damage. I try not to overdo the gore TOO much coz I know too much can offend some people and I try to cater for as many people as possible coz that's you're goal after all. To get as many people reading your fanfic as you can.  ;)

As for your point Malte, I've always said I understand your cause for concern and I still do. But I think the main reason why people choose to include non-LBT elements into LBT  fanfics is because they don't like the idea of being restricted to some customs that we'd class as normal. The idea of no weapons, vehicles, technology etc. It's a lot easier with modern conveniences being accessible than it is to imagine a world without them. That and it's a lot easier to create an antagonist (i.e. to generate tension and the feel of an action/adventure plot) if there is something out of place that doesn't naturally belong to the characters' world. I.e the introduction of humans is an easy one coz they're normally 65 millions years apart yet we've always pondered the idea of time-travel so it makes it all the more "plausible" to get them to interact. I say plausible in inverted commas coz it seems like the most logical reason to have just as a crossed element. Again, no digs or fiery comments intended if they happen to sound that way. :^.^: