The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanfictions

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caustizer,May 23 2010 on  09:51 AM
Is it just me or is this section of the site getting more and more abandoned with each passing month?  There are a lot of good stories that haven't been updated or shown decent progress.

Yeah, I am revamping the chapters of TVW. I want to get chapter 3 revamped before I put them all up.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
I've been trying to make some progress, but the only progress I'm making is updated chapters. I've made two other chapters that I have not touched in months. This is due to the fact I'm graduating from high school in two weeks. My last school day is this Friday with semester exams on Wednesday-Friday. So I'm going to try and squeeze time into updating more chapters as I only have five more left.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
As those of you awaiting updates for BOSE II already know, I'm notorious for long breaks between chapter updates.  :oops Beside my job likes to mess me about with shifts and working hours, sometimes I come home and just don't wanna do anything hence why my updates can be few and far between. I haven't started chp 26 yet but it should be up soon. My "adventuring" act of BOSE II is coming to a close to make way for some new developments ;)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I wrote LBT fics on FF.net, but I gave up as I got no replies.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well I¥ve been in Argentina for 10 days now, so I¥ve been without a computer (I¥m currently using the hotel computer). I promise that I have not forgotten Revenge III and will continue to work on it once I return tomorrow.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan13,May 25 2010 on  09:32 AM
Well I¥ve been in Argentina for 10 days now, so I¥ve been without a computer (I¥m currently using the hotel computer). I promise that I have not forgotten Revenge III and will continue to work on it once I return tomorrow.
^Which I highly anticipate :smile.  That's one big honkin' cliffhanger fans have been left with.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am now converting another one of the insane crossovers into a real story.

I wonder how Buddy and his siblings will react when they see the valley?

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Huh, no posts since june. Allow me to help keep this alive.

I'm working on one. I don't know what I'll call it yet, but I have some Ideas. It's basically where the original sharptooth from the first movie returns to get revenge on Littlefoot and Cera for ruining his reputation. His reputation? Jeez, that guy has some issues he need to take care of. :lol:  I don't think it's very good but what can you do? <_< It's the best idea I could come up with anyways. I'm slowly working on it and I write a few pages every night but I'm getting nowhere fast. Grrr. Curse you writers block!!!!!!

Strangely I've never read Time Gate X before coz it probably got taken down. Littlefoot1616 what can I say? You've given me an awesome read with BOSE 1 and 2 I couldn't stop for days. Your just that good. All this talk about Twilight Valley, seriously has me wanting to go to FF.net and read it. I sure hope you do finish Revenge III LBTfan13 because you've got my attention.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
^ Wow! I've gotta say I'm flattered LBTDiclonius! :D Didn't realise there were people out there still reading BOSE. Thought it was been and gone since I finished it. Nice to hear it's still reaping in a little interest from some. Thanx! Means a lot ;)

There are other great LBT fanfics out there from guys and gals of this forum. And with so many different ideas and writing styles, you'll never be bored!  :DD If yuo can, check them out!

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks Littlefoot1616! I've actually read a lot of fanfics on here. They're all great. And since I'm not on FF.net yet, I can review them too. But let's try not to get too off topic. So I'll say this and let's get back to it. Thanks again!

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Never posted on this thread before, but I'll do it!

:add

Just kidding!  :DD

Currently working on the next chapter of my insane domehead story and sprouting a few new ideas for other stories:

-One in consideration is about a Therizinosaurus. I recently asked IsisMasshiro on deviantart if I can use her LBT OC (link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=...osaurus#/dc5ulz ) and she happily agreed. Having been given permission to be entirely creative with his info and history, I gave him the name of Zin and awarded him an almost Doc-like personality (being a traveling loner with the awesome skill to kick a sharptooth's butt!). I'm planning on writing a fic of his journey out of his home territory, his rescuing of a young Onehorn child, and his mission to return her safely to her herd.

- Another is of my OC gang: Tiki (Rainbowface), Tero (Domehead), Cookie (Twocrest Swimmer), Clubbie (Clubtail), And Teryx (........Any idea what an Archaeopteryx might be called in the LBT world?). Basically their quest to be friends forever in a species-segregated world.

- And lastly, a story of Sierra's early life from hatching to present that might show why he is the way he is.

Only question is what to write first and when to write them.... Would it be better to write them now and risk being overwhelmed with making multiple progressing stories at once? Or wait till I'm finished with my other 2 LBT stories (both of which might not be guaranteed to finish) and risk losing interest altogether? :unsure:

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Some time back I had an idea for a fic that would take place at the K-T event, when the Dinosaurs became extinct. I'd been reading the TvTropes entry for Land Before Time, and the Wild Mass Guessing page listed the frequently debunked theory that all the characters were dead to begin with, and that the Great Valley was Heaven. The difference here was that this person interpreted each event as having a deeper significance - each of the GOF represented some form of a follower of religion, Sharptooth represented Sin, Rooter was an angel trying to get Littlefoot to let go of his self-guilt surrounding his mother's death, etc.

While not particularly interested in the religous aspect of it (if done badly, it becomes a preachy mess), I thought the concept of dead characters not realising they're dead wandering through a metaphorical wasteland until they overcome their failings and make it to their afterlife. At the same time, I thought I could make it a darker fic, and have it so that characters got killed off along the way, creating suspense as to who would last the longest.

The basic story I figured out involved a group of five friends - Kylo, a Clubtail, Alta, a Longneck, Parry, a Hollowhorn, Bambo, a Triceratops, and Zal, a Flyer. The story would allude to the original LBT films in several places - the opening would have an elder telling the story of the first film, and Kylo would wonder what a Spiketail was, as none had been seen for many years. Another would have Kylo remembering another of the stories..."Big Water. Something about it seemed familar - something to do with a friendly sharptooth...or was it a swimmer?" The Great Valley would be a myth by this point, but would later be found over the course of the story - perhaps even where they had started from - but earthquakes would have changed it so that it was several smaller valleys. The characters would even roleplay as the characters of LBT, although some of them would hate their roles - eg Kylo playing Spike, who has considerably less intelligence than him.

The story would open with the meteor hitting far to the south, and a large shockwave following up the land. An earthquake would hit and destroy their home, killing many. The survivors would then head for safety, but their numbers would be whittled down over time through various disasters (Any adult characters would be quickly killed off, perhaps from injury or disaster. Zal would have perished by scouting a mountain route, and being hit by a blast from a volcano. Bambo's pride and confidence that he was right about which way to go would have led him to his  downfall in a landslide (alternatively, he turns out to be right, and turns up towards the end of the story). Parry goes mad and/or falls off a cliff. Kylo and Alta survive thus far...each of these ends would be sort of ironic, to do with each character's major faults). Ultimately, the story would end with all the characters dead, but together in a "Great Valley", and watching as the world begins to change below them.

Only problem with this whole thing is that I kept running into parts where the story got confusing or contradicted earlier parts. One one hand, I wanted to write a darker story where characters got killed off as time went on, but how could an already dead character die? I toyed with the idea of them all dying halfway through, and the deceased characters appearing as "ghosts" to guide them on, but again I got stuck. I also toyed with the idea of having them rescue a character, perhaps a mammal, and have that character live on to become a creature that would later evolve into the mammals of today. By this point, I was getting confused by all the possible ideas, and I didn't want to do a fic that was just "Kill Everybody", cause not only would that be kind of pointless, but it'd be pretty darn depressing. I mean, what's written here is already pretty dark, but I was going to add some happy bits to it!

If I'd finished it, I'd have called it "The Rite Of Spring", as a nod to the Fantasia cartoon involving the dinosaurs. I do think there were some interesting ideas here, but I couldn't think of enough to write a story on, so it'll have to remain this way for a while. Perhaps it would have worked better if I'd split this idea into two concepts. Any thoughts on this?

If you think it looks interesting, feel free to use it as a base for a fic, just let me know when you write it, cause I'd love to see what others come up with.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Funny; writing this up got me interested in the story again, and I managed to find a solution to the problem I had with the old story.

As a result of the major landslide/earthquake caused when the meteor hit, every character is dead. Not realising this, they all set out to find a new safe place, and avoid a Sharptooth that appears to be on their trails. Over time, their group loses numbers, as characters "perish" in various disasters; each of which are linked to a major fault of the character (eg, a prideful character falling from a cliff or being buried in a rockfall - Pride Comes With A Fall). As the others are forced to move on, the Sharptooth continues to follow, stopping by the site of each disaster and eating the bodies of the fallen members.

With three members left, their herd continues on, and rest at an oasis, where Kylo (the lead character) converses with an elderly dinosaur who has seemingly just arrived. The dinosaur is interested in their progress, and makes subtle hints towards Kylo avoiding a fate similar to the others by recognising his faults and overcoming them. The next morning, the elderly dinosaur has disappeared (although this isn't revealed until far later on, this character is one of the original Land Before Time characters, attempting to guide them on). Not long afterwards, Kylo realises that he and the others are all dead - he has no reflection in the water, one of many mysteries that plagued their group from the start, such as an injury to one character that disappeared, and a general lack of noticeable hunger. Unsure of what to do, the characters continue on.

Eventually, the Sharptooth catches up with them in a mountain range, and a chaotic struggle ensues, another member perishing in the process. It turns out in the end that the Sharptooth is not real - it is something along the lines of a representation of their fear or perhaps a malevolent force, that has been seeking to tempt them to destruction by exploiting their own faults. Realising this, Kylo and Alta (the only other 'surviving' character by this point) manage to destroy the Sharptooth - recognising and overcoming their faults in the process- but collapse on a peak overlooking a sheltered valley, exhausted from their efforts.

Kylo and Alta awake in a green valley, and are greeted by their relations, as well as their friends who perished along the way - destroying the Sharptooth freed them - and the cast of the original LBT films, who inform them that they indeed perished when the meteor hit, and that the world they walked through was a test to free them of the faults that were ensnaring them. And then...something. The characters all 'live' happily ever after in a timeless version of the Great Valley.

Hmm...still needs work, but it's more coherent now! Any thoughts or suggestions?

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Is that fanfictin based on the rumor that the Great Valley in the first movie was originally supposed to be heaven? Either way, it sounds really depressing. I tend to not read the fanfictions where lot of characters die, just too much for me :cry

About my fanfiction, I'm actually thinking about starting it back up this weekend. Since I know I have a job now, I can worry about writing some more for it.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)