The Gang of Five
Howdy, everyone!

The member joining awards for 2019, 2020, and 2021 have been posted. We admins would like to thank each and every one of you who have made the forum their home over these years. It is because of people like you that the forum is the welcoming place that it is. :)

The forum supporter awards for those who maintained the forum on Patreon in 2023 will also be up shortly. Again, thank you all for what you do to keep our little corner of the Internet online!

Lets Start that Disney Trivia game... :-)

Petrie. · 185 · 41308

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Yukon describes the whole area where Scrooge McDuck went digging for gold (Yukon literally means "between two rivers"). Scrooge McDucks claim was near a smaller creek. The name of the creek was a reference to the hardships gold diggers faced in that region.

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
<_< .............................Just when i thought i had it. Well i was close  :^.^:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I got to correct myself on one previous statement Yukon does NOT mean "between two rivers". I confused the word with "Klondike"; sorry about that.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
OK, then. What Disney animated film was the first-ever to be rated PG?

(rating: 3.0)

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
erm  :huh:
Weren't they going to rate "Home on the range" as a PG due to a gag involving a cows udder and the line "Yeah they're real and quit staring"

Toy Story was a PG but that's a pixar film so that may not count. And the nightmare Before Christmas was a PG but also under Tim Burton. So that might not count either.  :bang

Was it Dinosaur ?

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oohh boy. I love to stump you all...oh I know the PERFECT one.

There are 11 full-legnth animated features that only have a one word title. What are they?
Remember: "The" counts! And it cannot be associated with Pixar and MUST be 2-D! :yes

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I came up with 10. :( You're not including unreleased films in this count, are you?

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Manny Cav,Sep 14 2007 on  08:57 PM
I came up with 10. :( You're not including unreleased films in this count, are you?
No...be sure to look REALLY hard for this last one. It's there, i garantuee you!

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Aladdin
Dumbo
Tarzan
Bambi
Pocahontas
Fantasia
Pinocchio
Mulan
Hercules
Cinderella
Atlantis

:unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Well i wasn't very sure because it had ": The lost Empire" on the end of it. but i checked all my disney films and it was the only one i could find. That really was a trick one.

Teresa

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I guess i got it right so.....

What was the last Disney film animator (now director) Tim Burton worked on  before leaving the studio ?

Tikaani Strike

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Wow, good job Theresa on my question! When I asked this on a Disney forum, it took them about three weeks or so.

The Fox and the Hound?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Pretty sure that's it.  He didn't like doing "cute".  :P:

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Tikaani Strike,Sep 16 2007 on  10:42 AM
Wow, good job Theresa on my question! When I asked this on a Disney forum, it took them about three weeks or so.
Teresa actually made a valid point. I would have had this, but I disregarded Atlantis: The Lost Empire because it wasn't a one-word title, so there are technically only 10. That was, in fact, a trick question.