The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sovereign's Fanart

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, this is a day I thought would never happen for years but here we are. :bestsharptooth I've made a couple of drawings that I've released on Discord already but I know that not everyone uses it so I might as well post the ones I've done thus far here too. I'll put the newer ones first to give you a better first impression. :lol

I'll also share this one failed drawing which I didn't quite finish as I rage quit because of Petrie's beak but I thought showing my mistakes hurts. It's the attached one. However, I won't be taking criticism of it. :petrienotamused

In any casy, I hope you like especially the first two pics and i hope to put more stuff in this thread in the near future. :)littlefoot

Stardisk

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
    • Stardisk's strange digital corner
Nice pictures, but I have to admit that your digital arts are better than traditional.  :littlefoot
Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation

View my art project Internet Before Time (last update was 2020/11/18!)

Discussion of LBT games for PS1

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yesss so nice to finally see you post here, Sovereign :D You can already see how much progress you've made with these few pictures. I really like the top 3 pics (the more recent ones) as it seems to me you were trying to take more creative freedom there. Here's some feedback on those specifically:

The Chomper on a rock - this one is really nice. The only bit of feedback I have is that the color of the rock and Chomper's spikes seems to be the same (unless that is not a rock/spikes). Might be a big confusing :D

The cave scene - not sure if it was your intention, but you've really created your own style here. I personally try so hard to recreate the canon characters that I was never able to do so. It is really nice to see and a really good drawing.

The Guido one is nice too. He seems ready to tackle anything that comes his way :D As I said on Discord the only thing I would suggest is making his arm feathers a bit rounder/less spiky.

Keep it coming! Oh and join in the prompts :D

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Stardisk: Thanks for the comment but i really hope that isn't the case as in that case I would have just gotten worse. :p

Mumbling: Thanks for the detailed answers. :^^spike Yeah, in the Chomper pic the spikes were a clear afterthought and i actually forgot them at first. I didn't give them enough attention as I just wanted to move on. As for the cave pic, maybe... I spent a lot of time with it and I had to make many compromises to make it look even decent. I think it's fine in the end, however. But again, I'm glad you thought those drawings were good and here's the next one.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Now that's a happy camper  :CeraHAPPY

Nice job, you captured her face very well!  Cera's tail (well this goes for all the dinosaurs actually) is more of a long triangle shape, rather than the same thickness all over. So bigger near the butt, smaller near the tip. In fact I think it could be connected directly to her hind leg in this drawing :)

Keep them coming

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Just as you welcomed me to the fanfic prompts last year, I would like to welcome you to the fanart section. :)

The Chomper one looks really good! Nice job with Ducky too; I can speak from experience how tricky she is to draw.

What program do you use for your digital pieces?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Dang I haven't even commented on this topic yet...

I know I've commented on each of these on Discord, but it's great to see you trying your hand at fanart!  :)littlefoot Keep at it and you'll continue to improve!  :chompysmile

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
These all look really good! I think the cave scene is my favorite. :chompysmile You seem to have a good grasp on shading for a beginner, which is something to be proud of!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's my next LBT pic and it's my OC from Separate Ways called Ortin. Hope you like it. :duckyhappy

Mumbling: Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I liked the face too but you're right about the tail. Sometimes I'm too eager to call a pic finished that I overlook such details but I'll keep the critique in mind.

StardustSoldier: Thank you as well. And i'm not sure about Ducky, they're all really difficult. :bestsharptooth Also, I used GIMP.

Flathead770: I'll certainly keep it up, no worries.  :littlefoot:)

RainbowFaceProtege: That's understandable considering I spent a lot of time with it and it's my biggest LBT pic of all. I'm certainly happy it turned out well after all the effort. As for the shading, could be, it seems quite simple but of course I need to get better in it too. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
The colors on this look pretty good! And I agree with RainbowFaceProtege, your shading already looks quite smooth even as a beginner. One minor thing is that I feel the wings should be narrower and pointed towards the bottom, but that's just more of a nitpick.  :PCera Keep up the good work!!  :smile
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Ortin's personality can easily be gleaned from his expression, heh. :petrieLOL I like the blending of light and dark blue color pencils, it really gives some perception of depth, even if it comes at the cost of Ortin appearing quite pudgy. If there's one thing to comment, perhaps it's the angle that Ortin wraps his wings, but I feel they should be a bit larger.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Jassy: Yeah, I actually agree. The wings should be a bit bigger and I'll remember that next time. Thanks for pointing it out. :duckyhappy

OwlsCantRead: I liked the coloring myself and it's close to my best so thanks. As for him being pudgy, I felt like it'd suit him and besides, I think he looks better this way. But I'm happy you found the expression fitting.  :^^spike

Here's my next drawing, featuring Azurefin and Wol from my fic Perils of the Deep. Yeah, they're ghosts here and they're in the abyssal depths, watched by the same monsters who likely turned out to be their ends. Hopefully you like this one. :)petrie