The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

season 2 for land before time tv show

raichu · 71 · 11193

raichu

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i found season 2 for land before time  The Land Before Time TV series is going to be renewed for a second season. It was added on IMDb.com and TV.com.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Would be great if the information was correct, but I'm afraid it is not. Checking out imdb I do not find any link to a second season of the LBT TV series. Even if it was, imdb has not always been a reliable source. It is not as faulty as Wikipedia about this, but they too announced movies of which only rumors were abound which turned out to be false rumors in the end; and alas there have been quite a few false rumors about new LBT movies or TV series seasons which were based on nothing more than wishful thinking.
I am not saying that it can't happen, but I don't see any reliably information about it that would justify celebrating right now. Could you post the links of where you found your information raichu?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Wiki is not a reliable source. Anyone can edit it and put in false information.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sorry to disillusion you raichu, but Wiki announced new LBT movies or TV episodes almost a dozen times already and also came up with stories about episodes from the first season which never ever existed.
The problem is that anyone can write there and unfortunately some LBT fans present their wishful thinking as facts. This, I'm afraid, is the case here as well. There is no official information whatsoever from universals while the closing of the office in charge of the production of the LBT movies has been officially confirmed.
It would be nice to see more land before time releases (so long they are done well), but currently prospects in that respect are rather bleak.

• Spike
    • View Profile
this is definatly not real

if you need proof just search the only episode tital on IMDB
the first thing that pops up is a fanfic for season 2 dated and titled exactly the same

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I SAID ITS real that final
Calm down, Raichu.  I'm sorry but it is *Fact* that the LBT wiki articles are often filled with false information.  Until evidence from Universal themselves can be discovered, we have absolutely no proof that *any* new LBT material is being developed.  A number of our very own members work on the LBT wiki and nobody here has any proof of a future sequel or any LBT developments.

It has been announced that Universal has shut down their LBT office quite some time ago and there is strong evidence to say that there will not be any future LBT releases.

You are starting to become a bit disrespectful here, Raichu.  I suggest you calm down in the future if you want to be in our good books.  We aren't afraid to make use of our warning system if necessary.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just because you say it's real, just because Wiki says it's real, doesn't automatically make it true. The only reliable source for new information on LBT movies is straight from Universal. As already stated, anyone can edit in information at any time on Wikipedia. It wouldn't take much effort for someone to put in false information regarding LBT just as a practical joke or something.

raichu

• Ruby
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Let's all relax.  Time will reveal if there will be or not.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: raichu,Jul 4 2009 on  05:55 PM
oh btw i whote a story in fan forum
You don't need to advertise your fanfic here. That post is totally off-topic and kind of looks like spamming.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: raichu,Jul 4 2009 on  07:43 PM
who ever typed it in wiki is not false idc
I am certain the information is false. At Wikipedia, all it says is something to the effect of "The show has been renewed for a second season. The information has been added to IMDB and TV.com". That, there, sounds like false information to me, just the way it is worded. If it were fact, likely they wouldn't have stated where the information was added, and instead, they'd provide a citation to an official Universal source confirming there is, indeed, a second season. And at TV.com, all it says for information on the season 2 episodes is "Duplicate Entry" and then "This is a duplicate" or "This is a duplicate entry". That, to me, is a sign that someone just added the information without any proof of their existance. And IMDB does allow people to submit information, and, even if the information provider has no proof, they will accept and put up new information, so it would be easy for someone to add in a bit of information of a season 2 for LBT, even if there was no official word of it.

The only true reliable source for anything LBT-related is direct from Universal themselves. Until they themselves state that they are making more LBT episodes, I won't believe anything about a second season of LBT.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
We could consider our board more of an official source than wikipedia.  The old adage goes "don't believe everything you read", and in this case, wikipedia isn't to be trusted.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's not like the good old days, as there is no more LBT.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I am repeating something that I just said in another thread:

Even in case there was never to be another official release, LBT has by now become something for me that is not dependent of the official releases anymore. If tomorrow every single movie maker in the world would swear a holy public oath never ever to make anything LBT related again, it would not change my enthusiasm for LBT one bit. I think with the GOF and with our own fanworks of all kinds we have built up something that is not based on so weak a foundation that the decisions in some moviemakers office could break it.

I hope it is the same for you. In my opinion we have to some degree gone passed our "GOF independence day" long ago.