The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot

Petrie. · 76 · 16795

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Flathead770,Sep 23 2017 on  02:56 AM
Well we know that Bron was called Littlefoot when he was younger from LBT10 so I'm guessing that Longnecks adopt a new name once they reach adulthood.
Well, I think, "Littlefoot" was just child "tease nickname". :D
I don't think longnecks change their names when they grow up...
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I think Littlefoot may or may not change his name for 2 reasons
1.Because Littlefoot is the name he had all his life
2.Because Thunderfoot is a name that would make other adults think that he doesn't have a childish name.
In more thoughts, he keeps his name for his friends and family and adult name for other adults.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
...yeah, I don't think every longneck gets a new name, it's just one of those childhood things that stay with you. I think Littlefoot name won't change, because his name is too known and too loved to be renewed.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
From the lore point of view, it would certainly make sense for longnecks like Littlefoot and Shorty to change their names when they grow older. Maybe it's some tradition with the longnecks to name their children with such nicknames for the durations of their childhoods. Of course, Littlefoot's name will never change in the series and I don't think it would be advisable to do in a fanfic but this childhood name theory sounds pretty sensible for me.

However, as Hypnobrai suggested, I don't think it is mandatory for a longneck to have a separate childhood name and if they do, I'd see them being able to hold onto it if they wish so (which Littlefoot might do). For example, there's little reason for Ali or Rhett to have a name change.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 23 2017 on  02:40 PM
...yeah, I don't think every longneck gets a new name, it's just one of those childhood things that stay with you. I think Littlefoot name won't change, because his name is too known and too loved to be renewed.
How about we say that Thunderfoot is his nickname? Something to make him sound heroic? (Saving his friends from thunder rumbles)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Thunderfoot, as well as Bambo, as well as Ovie, are just early variants of names. There's no hidden meaning or additional history about it. :|
6/14
0/26

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Sep 24 2017 on  07:58 AM
Thunderfoot, as well as Bambo, as well as Ovie, are just early variants of names. There's no hidden meaning or additional history about it. :|
So, I take your response as a yes, snik?

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I'm kind of confused by your question. I'd say it's a no because those names aren't supposed to reflect on their personalities or abilities, they just happen to be early production names that may or may not sound cool.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I say only Littlefoot never was called as "Thunderfoot" in LBT history, and he would never change his name in the future, me think. He was named after his father's child nickname.
6/14
0/26

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Sep 24 2017 on  02:07 PM
I say only Littlefoot never was called as "Thunderfoot" in LBT history, and he would never change his name in the future, me think. He was named after his father's child nickname.
Oh. Correct That. I'm Sorry.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I don't think Little Foot would change His name, it was name given to him by his mother. I suppose you can change Little Foot to mean when he is older he's humble, and does not take big steps into trouble, perhaps this would further my claim in my last post that Little Foot is like his grand pa in wisdom, and like Bron in leadership. Thus Little Foot retains an element of his grand pa, not hasty to make judgements (I am talking about you Topsy or Mr. Threehorn).

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 24 2017 on  08:07 PM
I don't think Little Foot would change His name, it was name given to him by his mother. I suppose you can change Little Foot to mean when he is older he's humble, and does not take big steps into trouble, perhaps this would further my claim in my last post that Little Foot is like his grand pa in wisdom, and like Bron in leadership. Thus Little Foot retains an element of his grand pa, not hasty to make judgements (I am talking about you Topsy or Mr. Threehorn).
Agreed.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 25 2017 on  02:46 PM
Agreed.
Little Foot I think would cherish his name because it came from His mother, and perhaps Father, in that Little Foot was Bron's name once, and probably Little Foot's Mother got the idea from Bron's old name, which could allude to that Little Foot's Mom and Bron knew each other since they were little dinosaurs.

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 25 2017 on  06:22 PM
Agreed.
Little Foot I think would cherish his name because it came from His mother, and perhaps Father, in that Little Foot was Bron's name once, and probably Little Foot's Mother got the idea from Bron's old name, which could allude to that Little Foot's Mom and Bron knew each other since they were little dinosaurs.
Yes to that too, I agreed.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 25 2017 on  06:38 PM
Agreed.
Good, then we are in agreement.  :)  :angel

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Sep 27 2017 on  03:58 PM
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 25 2017 on  06:38 PM
Agreed.
Good, then we are in agreement.  :)  :angel
Yes We Are.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Could be like in the Seven Hunter's story. Littlefoot get's a new name when he becomes an adult, basically signifying that he's grown up and ready to handle adult responsibilities, but it is really only a public name. His family and close friends would still call him Littlefoot.

It's just if you were not close to him, you'd be expected to use his new public name, otherwise, expect a stern whacking! :lol
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Sep 27 2017 on  07:40 PM
Could be like in the Seven Hunter's story. Littlefoot get's a new name when he becomes an adult, basically signifying that he's grown up and ready to handle adult responsibilities, but it is really only a public name. His family and close friends would still call him Littlefoot.

It's just if you were not close to him, you'd be expected to use his new public name, otherwise, expect a stern whacking! :lol
What's a stern whacking?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile

That is a possible alternative, but I still think Little Foot would keep his original name because it came from His mother, and mother knows best:

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Longneck3050,Sep 27 2017 on  07:33 PM

What's a stern whacking?
I mean you'll get hit by a longneck tail, very hard. :p
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)